“Loved this hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Urbana, Illinois
“Loved this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

We recently stayed at Affinia Gardens for our honeymoon and it was a wonderful experience. The staff was great, made us feel very welcomed and made sure we had a memorable honeymoon experience.
The room was spacious, comfortable and had all the amenities. The location was perfect for us, near restaurants, shopping and walking distance to Central Park!
We highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
A_Gardens, Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Kris C,

Firstly, I would like to extend my congratulations to you and your husband on your recent nuptials. We were so happy to host your honeymoon getaway and were more then thrilled that you had an amazing experience with us.
Thank you for your kind review and I hope to meet you next time you are in town, hopefully to celebrate your one year anniversary!

Kind regards,

Director of Front Office Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Woodside, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Firstly, I. Live here in NYC. I stayed here because I had a procedure across the street at Lenox Hill Hospital, and it was requested by my doctor that I spend the first night after surgery in the hotel. The staff was very accommodating from the first moment of reserving my room right up until checkout. I checked in at 5:30 am the morning of my surgery and the desk clerk took my bag, my coat and let me deposit a large envelope of cash in the safe. I had never stayed here and was a little apprehensive.....I needed to pay a private nurse, in cash, to spend the evening with me and I did not want to leave that much money in a hospital locker. I was assumed by the hospital staff that everything would be safe there, my nurse said in the ten plus years of her caring for patients staying at the Affinia, that she had not, nor had she heard of any problems there. This was all new to me, and I was nervous. When my nurse delivered me to my hotel room, it was very smooth and discreet. The room was large, luxurious, and quiet. I felt peaceful and very safe there. When I awoke the next morning, I was allowed to stay there until my ride was able to come get me.....I hated to leave, I wish my apartment was that luxurious and that large!!! I will defiantly stay here again for my next procedure....I was so well taken care of!!!! And now when I have friends come to stay from out of town! I will be sure to put them up at an Affinity Hotel, and I would not hesitate to stay at one of their other hotels on any of my travels. My experience with them could not have been more pleasant and I thank them very much!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Norell G,

Thank you for your fabulous review of your most recent stay at the Affinia Gardens. We understand that not every guest stay is for pleasure as many of our guests are patients of surrounding hospitals. With this understanding; is why your check in was as effortless. I am please that my team went above and beyond to make you feel comfortable enough to trust us with your money in our safe. We hope to see you and your family/friends stay with us in the future and don't hesitate to stop by while you are in the neighborhood.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

The location was important for us. Older building well fixed up, full kitchen, good bed, nice bath, large, nicely furnished, okay price for NYC. The staff was nice, the decor contemporary, always available tea and coffee. We'll be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear

Dear sorkinwood,

Thank you very much for your review! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your suite and our complimentary lobby coffee and tea. It is encouraging for our team to see reviews such as yours.

Again, we appreciate your comments. We hope that you have a chance to visit us again soon at the Affinia Gardens.

Manalapan, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

One night stay…very pleasant rooms and atmosphere…one of only hotels on UES…great for an extended stay because of kitchenette…but you will want to hit the many great restaurants in the neighborhood…staff was perfect for the stay iI had.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear James G,

Thank you for leaving your feedback of your most recent stay at Affinia Gardens. I am so happy you had a positive stay here on the Upper East Side. I like your reference as us being the only Hotel on the UES, we like to see it that way!

I look forward to meeting you on your next stay at the Affinia Gardens.

Newport, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I arrived late and the front desk gentlemen could not have been nicer. I like the boutique feeling of this lovely and quiet hotel. And, the great room just off the lobby is convenient to work on my Mac and have a cup of complimentary coffee. My room was magnificent - so spacious and very clean. And, the best part was it was quiet and had a great night sleep, which is hard to find in NYC. I look forward to my next visit to the Affinia Gardens....oh, and it is in a great location to all the important shopping and running in Central Park.

Room Tip: Room 206 was excellent
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear MBK45,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to complete a trip advisor comment regarding your experience at our Hotel. Its comments like these that make us enjoy what we do on a daily basis. I appreciate the acknowledgment of our rooms & charming staff. Thanks again for your wonderful comments and we look forward to see you soon here at the Affinia Gardens!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

This upper east side hotel is located on a fairly quiet street. The service was excellent from all the staff, especially Kris and Caprice. Everyone was personable and made us feel welcome. The room is large with a kitchenette. This hotel is in an excellent location having easy access to restaurants, train, etc. We were there for a week and will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JFL322
Dear JFL322,

Thank you for your review of the Affinia Gardens. We love to hear positive feedback. We are so glad that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. That is what we strive for upon each check-in. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Darien
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

The Affinia Gardens is a gem of a hotel. Their staff went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. Before our arrival, their staff made special arrangements for my daughter's 17 birthday celebration. I've stayed at quite a few NYC hotels. They are truly unique.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Paula M
Dear Paula M,

Thank you for leaving your review of your most recent stay at Affinia Gardens. Your daughter's birthday was a well known day to our entire team. Deanna our Executive Office Manager made a point to tell everyone so that your stay was customized and your daughter and friends would enjoy her 17th Birthday. I am so happy that your weekend went well and you felt comfortable.

I truly hope I get to meet you on your next visit to town.