“The friendliest hotel”

Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel
Ranked #84 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The staff was most welcoming and friendly. I felt as if I had been there previously... They were always there to meet my every need. I a very big city, I had a feeling that I was home when I came back to the hotel each evening. I needed a dvd player, which was provided and waiting for me in my suite when I checvk in. The price was resonable and most fair. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.
The manager of hotel was most friendly and went out of his way to help me with my needs. The entire staff should be commended.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
A_Gardens, Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Laura S,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your most recent stay at Affinia Gardens. I was delighted to see the title as "the friendliest hotel". I take pride in entire team's ability to welcome guests as if they are frequent travelers. We truly know that the meaning of hospitality doesn't start and end with just a room. Here at Affinia Gardens we like to think of our guests as family "coming home". The fact that you and your family felt that warmth is so comforting to me.

Again, I appreciate your comments and would love to meet you on your next trip to town.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We are 2 adults and 3 kids-- we stayed in a one bedroom with a kitchen and it was perfect. Service was lovely-- very friendly and helpful. Location was perfect for us to sight-see and for my husband to get to work. Very spacious. Michael was great.

Dear Christina H,

Thank you for writing a review of your stay of the Affinia Gardens. We are glad to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay and your visit to New York. Our spacious, apartment-like suites and convenient location are one of the reasons why families love staying here. It gives them the opportunity to tuck the kids in at night as if they are in the comfort of their own home as well as getting up in the morning and you can be steps to the center of all the fun.

I appreciate your time and business. I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Affinia Gardens soon.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I checked in to the hotel on this past Thursday. When i arrived I was treated with excellent courtesy and given a complimentary upgrade to an unbelievable room. I spoke with manager Pedro Hilario, to thank him. He was extremely friendly and even offered me a ride to the airport the following morning. In short, a fantastic hotel, in a fantastic location, with a professional and friendly crew. Prices are great, too, which is rare in Manhattan's upper east side.

Room Tip: Talk to manager Pedro Hilario for anything you need. He will bend over backward to help you with wh...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
A_Gardens, Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Joe D,

I appreciate your review of your most recent stay at Affinia Gardens. Nothing is better than being greeted with such courtesy after a long flight. Pedro, one of our Front Desk Manager has been with us for over 10 years. His passion for what he does really does shine with his service to our guests. When I see comments such as yours, it reassures me over and over again of what an amazing team I have. Thank you reminding me!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stayed here with 3 kids.
Its a very clean hotel, but not "brand new".
Excellent service, a few lamps didnt work, but they were fixed right away.
Nice area with a few restaurant nearby, recommend Tonys (Italian).
You have to walk a couple of blocks to the subway, but its a nice area with houses, not so many "touristy" things.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Penthouse suite with lots of room, dining area and a balcony, very nice!

Dear chrloc,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay at Affinia Gardens. It's so great to know that even with 3 kids, you felt the serenity of our "homely" neighborhood.
I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Wonderful experience with the very helpful, freindly staff of Kris K. and Caprice. Kris is awesome, so very helpful with details, charming and truly goes the extra mile for guests! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Love the area...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank A-Spa-Traveler
A_Gardens, Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear ElizabethSpaTraveler,

Thank you so much for your praises of our wonderful team, especially Krys. It is such an honor to know that my team can make such a difference in our guest stays. I will make sure to show him your awesome comments about him.

I appreciate your business and would hope to meet you on your next trip into town.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Affinia Gardens is a great place to stay in NYC. It was conveniently located to all of the things we wanted to do - easy to walk to the fancy shops on 5th Avenue and was a very doable walk (even in the rain) to Times Square. We immediately felt welcome, everyone was very polite and happy - including Kris - very sweet and charming as he assisted us with our luggage and vehicle. The room was very clean - the shower handle fell off (which had apparently been happening for some time as evidenced by the dings in the shower floor), but it really wasn't a big deal. I loved the spaciousness of the rooms - we had a separate bedroom from the living room. While we really didn't need the kitchen, if we were staying longer it would be a huge plus! We also loved the pillow bar - the kids loved the ones with speakers that played their ipod music! I also loved that we had 2 queen beds - not double sized like most hotels. We've stayed at some very high end hotels so I'm not giving this a "5" star, but given he price, location and friendliness of the staff I give it a 4+++, we would definitely stay there again. Highly recommend. I've already given out the name/address to friends.

1  Thank Lisa N
A_Gardens, Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Lisa N,

It was such a pleasure reading about your most recent stay at Affnia Gardens. Our convenient location, attentive team members, such as Krys and spacious accommodating rooms are just some of the reasons why our first time guests are so pleased. You are correct in saying that we aren't a five star hotel as we don't have a restaurant, however we are proud in knowing we give 5 star service, cleanliness and location. This is what really sets us apart from all the other non- 5 star properties.

Thank you for your great review. I would love to have the opportunity to greet you next time you stay at Affinia Gardens.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

My father had surgery at Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital and we were looking for some place close to hospital. The hotel was perfect. Short walk or quick taxi ride. Nice residential area and great restaurants that will delivery to your room. The staff was awesome! Kris and Caprice took such good care of us. Next trip to New York City we are staying at Affinia Gardens.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Kbroyles1

Dear Kbroyles1,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review on your most recent stay. I know any type of surgery of a family member can be stressful. I am happy that even in these circumstances our friendly staff such as Caprice and Krys were able to make your days worth while. I will make sure to tell them of your kind words.

I am thrilled to read that your trip to NYC will be with the Affinia Gardens. I hope it will be for pleasure!