“Small not many perks but Nice”

Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel
Ranked #68 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
“Small not many perks but Nice”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This small Hotel in Manhattan is great especially for business travel or even tourists in New York City.
A very well priced Hotel that offers rooms with Kitchen in case you would not like to go out after a hard days work or even if you are traveling with kids, and although it has no restaurants most restaurants and Deli's in the area deliver fast to the Hotel (menus are left in room).
The rooms are very well sized actually pretty big compared to rooms at great big name hotels in Manhattan and very well furnished.
The service at this Hotel is great!!!
Do not waste money on the high end hotels, this will make your trip much better.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
A_Gardens, Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Salomon M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind review. We take pride in our charming UES location. Our all suite hotel is equipped with full kitchens which give our guests the luxury of dining in or out. You will find our perks are with our service and the "at home" feeling when you are a guest. I am thrilled that you felt what we strive for every guest; To feel that even though we are our own name, we are well worth the change.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns about future stays.

Kind regards,

Johanna Lopez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Late night and early morning business meetings at a NYC hospital on the upper east side, Wanted to stay close and avoid cross-town travel. Found the Affinia Gardens on E. 64th between 2nd and 3rd near to meetings at York/E 67th. Checked in and found a HUGE one-bedroom suite with full kitchen for unheard of rate for that much space in Manhattan.

No amenities (bar/restaurant) to speak of but hey, it's Manhattan, great bars and restaurants within half a block of everywhere.

I often travel to NYC and meet with hospitals in that area -- quite a large number of renowned facilities: NY Presbyterian-Cornell, Sloan Kettering, Hospital for Special Surgery, NS/LIJ Eye and Ear, etc. The Affinia Gardens will be at the top of my list for future visits to the upper east side.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear ZhengAn,

Thank you for your outstanding review. It is so great to get it out there that not only leisurely travelers stay with us, but our frequent business travelers. We cater to all guests and I am happy that you have experienced this throughout your last stay with us.

I appreciate your comments and can't wait to show them to my team.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was a lovely hotel - convenient to all things UES. The rooms were very nice, well set up, well appointed, etc. The thing that made this place amazing for us was the staff. They were VERY helpful, kind and friendly. Kris was particularly amazing with our kids. I recommend this place for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michelle L
A_Gardens, Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Michelle L,

I appreciated reading your lovely comments about or great spot and incredible staff. It is so great to know that the little things our amazing front desk team does such as giving some attention to kid guests doesn't go unnoticed. Kris is famously known to do just that as they are our guests too! I will be sure to let him know of your praises.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a brief review of the Affinia Gardens. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back next time you are in town.

Calgary
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Located in a quiet part of busy lower end of upper east-side, this little hotel is a treasure with generous sized rooms, great dual-heating systems (it was freezing when we were there!) and updated appliances…complete with a TV in both bedroom and sitting room and turn-down service on weekends. Just needs comp. wifi service in the rooms and an onsite bar/restaurant (not that there aren't plenty just outside the front door!) to bring it up to the 5 star. We will so be back!

Room Tip: Not sure what the privacy factor would look if you were using the urban outdoor space in the garden...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear SjNM123,
It was such a pleasure to read you great review on our quaint hotel. Our quiet location as well as our large rooms are the reasons why our guests keep coming back.

Although we don't have the capability of having an onsite restaurant. you are correct in stating that there are plenty of restaurants that can act as our very own room service and deliver right to your room. I share your frustration with our Wi-Fi charge. Next time please consider using our complimentary lobby Wi-Fi which is available 24/7.

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your comments. Please let me know if I should be of any service to you in the future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We have stayed previously and stayed again for 2 weeks over Christmas and had another great experience. Great location, convenient to subways, shopping and restaurants.
Rooms are large for NY standards and very convenient having a kitchen.
Great service as always from Kris (bellman) and Caprice (front desk) both are very helpful and friendly.
We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Request a room facing 65th street
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rblw
Dear rblw,

I appreciate your kind review about your stay at the Afffinia Gardens. Christmas is such a special time to be together as a family as well as being spent in NYC. I am glad that you had yet another great stay with us and were graced with presence of our all star front desk team such as, Caprice and Kris. I will make sure to show them your warm comments.

Than you for being guests of ours. Please feel free to email me with any questions or concerns.

Captiva Island, Florida
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I'm a Native New Yorker currently living out of State. I travel to New York frequently. I've been
staying at the Affinia Gardens for several years. It took quite a bit of trial and error to find a
Hotel that HAS IT ALL. 1. Professional, knowledgeable and caring Staff, especially the Front
Desk team; 2. One of the BEST locations in New York: Quiet, Residential Area, Convenient
to the best of what Manhattan has to offer; 3. Large, spacious, IMMACULATE accommodations.

My Husband and I are not "easy to please" people...we have both stayed at Affinia Gardens
together and separately....just a wonderful Gem in New York.

My only concern is that it will be booked the next time I'm traveling to New York City!!!!

1 Thank BABS48_11
Dear BABS48_11,
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review for all to see here on trip advisor. It is so great to see that you consider us a place that "Has It All". We love to see guests return over the years and have them consider us not just a hotel stay, but "coming home" every time. I will make sure to tell my front desk and housekeeping team all the great things you had to say.

We appreciate your business. Please don't hesitate to email me with any questions or concerns. I hope we get the chance to meet on you next trip into town!

Director of Front Office Operations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 23, 2014

If this hotel had an in-house restaurant and bar, I would concider it a 4 star. If you don't need the in-house restaurant/bar this is a great place to stay (They do provide room service from the neighboring restaurants, but I did not partake). The rooms are huge, clean and well appointed with lots of windows. The bathrooms appear to be recently renovated as were the granite countertops in the full kitchen. I stayed in a junior suite with a king size bed. I have freinds in manhattan that live in a smaller space. The hotel is walking distance from the Central Park Zoo and great restaurants on both 1st and 3rd. The doorman always had a cab ready for me within minutes. The one minor issue that I had was the $15 daily charge for WiFi. It was free in the lobby and business center, but I think nowadays there is no reason to charge, most places don't. Other than that I have nothing bad to say about the hotel and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: There is no real good view, as the hotel just looks across to the Ear, Eye and Throat Hospital, but...
1 Thank Intermittentraveler
AGGeneralManager, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Intermittent Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Regards,