“Great little hotel”

Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel
Ranked #84 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Located in a quiet part of busy lower end of upper east-side, this little hotel is a treasure with generous sized rooms, great dual-heating systems (it was freezing when we were there!) and updated appliances…complete with a TV in both bedroom and sitting room and turn-down service on weekends. Just needs comp. wifi service in the rooms and an onsite bar/restaurant (not that there aren't plenty just outside the front door!) to bring it up to the 5 star. We will so be back!

Room Tip: Not sure what the privacy factor would look if you were using the urban outdoor space in the garden...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
A_Gardens, Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear SjNM123,
It was such a pleasure to read you great review on our quaint hotel. Our quiet location as well as our large rooms are the reasons why our guests keep coming back.

Although we don't have the capability of having an onsite restaurant. you are correct in stating that there are plenty of restaurants that can act as our very own room service and deliver right to your room. I share your frustration with our Wi-Fi charge. Next time please consider using our complimentary lobby Wi-Fi which is available 24/7.

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your comments. Please let me know if I should be of any service to you in the future.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We have stayed previously and stayed again for 2 weeks over Christmas and had another great experience. Great location, convenient to subways, shopping and restaurants.
Rooms are large for NY standards and very convenient having a kitchen.
Great service as always from Kris (bellman) and Caprice (front desk) both are very helpful and friendly.
We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Request a room facing 65th street
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rblw

Dear rblw,

I appreciate your kind review about your stay at the Afffinia Gardens. Christmas is such a special time to be together as a family as well as being spent in NYC. I am glad that you had yet another great stay with us and were graced with presence of our all star front desk team such as, Caprice and Kris. I will make sure to show them your warm comments.

Than you for being guests of ours. Please feel free to email me with any questions or concerns.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I'm a Native New Yorker currently living out of State. I travel to New York frequently. I've been
staying at the Affinia Gardens for several years. It took quite a bit of trial and error to find a
Hotel that HAS IT ALL. 1. Professional, knowledgeable and caring Staff, especially the Front
Desk team; 2. One of the BEST locations in New York: Quiet, Residential Area, Convenient
to the best of what Manhattan has to offer; 3. Large, spacious, IMMACULATE accommodations.

My Husband and I are not "easy to please" people...we have both stayed at Affinia Gardens
together and separately....just a wonderful Gem in New York.

My only concern is that it will be booked the next time I'm traveling to New York City!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank BABS48_11

Dear BABS48_11,
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review for all to see here on trip advisor. It is so great to see that you consider us a place that "Has It All". We love to see guests return over the years and have them consider us not just a hotel stay, but "coming home" every time. I will make sure to tell my front desk and housekeeping team all the great things you had to say.

We appreciate your business. Please don't hesitate to email me with any questions or concerns. I hope we get the chance to meet on you next trip into town!

Director of Front Office Operations

Reviewed January 23, 2014

If this hotel had an in-house restaurant and bar, I would concider it a 4 star. If you don't need the in-house restaurant/bar this is a great place to stay (They do provide room service from the neighboring restaurants, but I did not partake). The rooms are huge, clean and well appointed with lots of windows. The bathrooms appear to be recently renovated as were the granite countertops in the full kitchen. I stayed in a junior suite with a king size bed. I have freinds in manhattan that live in a smaller space. The hotel is walking distance from the Central Park Zoo and great restaurants on both 1st and 3rd. The doorman always had a cab ready for me within minutes. The one minor issue that I had was the $15 daily charge for WiFi. It was free in the lobby and business center, but I think nowadays there is no reason to charge, most places don't. Other than that I have nothing bad to say about the hotel and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: There is no real good view, as the hotel just looks across to the Ear, Eye and Throat Hospital, but...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Intermittentraveler
AGGeneralManager, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Intermittent Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Jennifer

Reviewed January 23, 2014

2 night weekend stay, junior suite was spacious, clean, kitchen was handy for chilling wine and stocked with wine glasses, staff were friendly. Have to pay for wifi but it works well. Easy to grab a cab at end of block and subway just a couple blocks away. A bargain at 180 a night!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
AGGeneralManager, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Kim P,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on TripAdvisor. Asthe General Manager of the Affinia Gardens I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our location exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Affinia Gardens the next time your travels bring you to NYC!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Chose to stay here in December 2013 because it was one of the few places in NYC that had a fully equipped kitchen and a bedroom with two queen beds to accommodate a family of four. Turns out this is a gem, the staff were fantastic, the room was comfortable and clean and the location was fantastic. A 10 minute walk to the park, a very short walk to the 63rd st Subway and 5 minutes to Bloomingdales and a second subway station. There was a supermarket close by and a decent coffee place (not starbucks) 5 minutes north. Affinia Gardens was an excellent choice and we already can't wait to come back and stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
AGGeneralManager, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear AussieTraveler443,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your December stay at the Affinia Gardens. As the General Manager, I am pleased to hear you had an opportunity to enjoy our central location and fully equipped kitchens. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to NYC!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We always stay at the Affinia Gardens Hotel, a hotel so ideally located in the quieter upper side of town, whilst being near everything we need. But especially for doorman Chris who is always so helpful, professional and pleasant, and helps make our stay enjoyable comfortable and relaxing. He has been there for years and has always been reliable for anything.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
AGGeneralManager, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear db,

My name is Jennifer Baldwin and I am the General Manager of the Affinia Gardens. I am so pleased to read your feedback on your most recent stay at the Affinia Gardens Hotel. I look forward to sharing your post with our bellman Kris, who has been with us over 20 years and approaches each day with a true passion for ensuring we exceed our guest expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Affinia Gardens the next time your travels bring you to NYC.