“You Can Dress Up A Lobby But...”

Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel
Ranked #73 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 11, 2013

After coming to the Affinia Gardens for the past 7 years and MANY thousands of dollars later it's time to not come back. The last time we stayed here we said we were not coming back and this time solidified that.
While its great that they remodeled the lobby the rooms are a dump.
The furniture had rips and stains, the carpet stained and not to mention the gross bathrooms.
There's nothing like spending nearly $500 a night to come back to a hallway always filled with maids carts, bags of linens and garbage near the elevators. Every day for 6 days was it like this. The only thing maid service did in our rooms was make the bed and change the bathroom. Everything else was left as is, coffee cups, things that were obvious to toss, garbage not changed. The head of housekeeping is not doing her job at all as we did complain and only got some [--] responses. Sorry Affinia Gardens my business is going elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank WineAndBacon

Reviewed June 8, 2013

we recently spent a week in NYC, our 1st time in the Big Apple, and had the pleasure of staying at the Affinia Gardens. The service was spectacular, the rooms clean, the beds comfy. My only 2 complaints is that there was no free internet in the rooms, it was quite pricy to obtain and there was no restaurant. However we were in NYC so no shortages of restaurants nearby. Caprice, Pedro, Michael, Krys and the others were extremely helpful with directions, restaurant suggestions and general info and made sure our stay was pleasurable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
SteveSassoGM, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear gilbesm,

Thank you for posting a review of the Affinia Gardens and for visiting the Big Apple for the first time. New York is such an amazing place and we are so happy to hear that you had such a pleasurable stay and that Caprice, Pedro, Michael, Krys and the rest of the team were able to assist; they truly are great ambassadors for our hotel and the city. I hope that you will be back for more trips and consider our TLC for Business package (simply use the promo code TLCBUS on our website) which includes free in-room wifi for a discounted rate enhancing our already great value for the Upper East Side. My team and I thank you again for taking the time to post and for staying with us.

Wishing you TLC now and always,

Steve Sasso

For more information on Affinia’s Tender Loving Comfort® movement, our Best Rate Promise, or Affinia Gardens, please visit our website.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Thank you to the staff at the Affiinia Gardens for a lovely stay in NYC. Each time I entered the lobby, I was greeted by a smile from the staff. The rooms were huge for NYC and very comfortable. The location is also great for someone looking for a quieter spot with lots of neighborhood shops and diners. Also, easy access to Central Park. Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Thank Ms. Gina G
SteveSassoGM, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Dear Ms. Gina G,

It is always our pleasure and Thank You very much for taking a few moments to post a review. My team and I love to see and appreciate 5 circle reviews; it is always wonderful when a valued guest takes the time to share their honest feedback for the Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our large and comfortable suites, amazing staff, and exceptional Upper East Side location convenient to public transportation, great shopping, restaurants, and of course the one and only Central Park.

We look forward to the chance to welcome you back soon and my team and I are always available should you need anything.

Wishing you TLC now and always,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Loved the area, no crowed at all. The services in front desk was perfect, specially because they speak spanish. We rented two rooms connected and the decoration and spaces were fabulous!! Perfectly clean and comfort beds.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is great to hear that you and your friends enjoyed our amazing location on a quiet tree lined street that is convenient to all that New York City has to offer. My team and I are thrilled to hear that you will be back as they work so hard to ensure a great experience for all of our valued guests and a repeat visit is one of the ultimate compliments for us! And our multi-lingual staff will be waiting to say “Bienvenido” once again.

Wishing you and your friends TLC now and always,

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I first had reserved a Junior suite, but as I didn't like it, I upgrade to a larger and less dark suite. I was very happy there. I have to thank so much, the excellent service of Caprice and Pedro in front office, Anna as room service , Cris that helped me with my bags and boxes, and advice me to take 1202, and Joan as the head officer in house keeper. I shall be back hopefully next year, for 21 days, as I have medical check up. I shall return to room 1202. Is there any way I could find a better rate, as I am staying a long time, and eventually every year? Awaiting your answer, kindest regards

Room Tip: Ask an upper floor, to have more light
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I came to Affiinia Gardens with my best friend for a weekend of high school reunion events. We selected it because of its proximity to our activities and its high marks on TripAdvisor. Although there were just two of us, we loved the spaciousness of the rooms and the convenience of their overall layout and design (the extra space was perfect for trying on multiple outfits and otherwise trying to glamorize ourselves without bumping into each other!). Windows lined an entire wall of our room, making it feel light and airy. Every surface was spotless. And the hotel is in a wonderful part of the city - a neighborhood of relatively quiet, residential, tree-lined streets, but still a quick trip to theatre, museums, etc. I found the staff informative, efficient, and friendly - a warm welcome back to our hometown.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We have finally found the right place to stay - NY with kids can be tricky, but Affinia Gardens offers the perfect retreat. The location is quiet yet 5 mins from the Express subway stop near Bloomingdales and easy walking distance to Central Park. Our junior suite was comfortable for 4 and having a kitchen (with basic but sufficient equipment) meant we didnt have to eat out 3 times a day- Food Emporium across the road has a good selection of ready-made food. Steve Sasso's team are happy to offer NY advice - lack of free WiFi in room was a minor irritation, the lounge is fine for getting online.