“An Upper East Side Gem!”

Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel
Ranked #73 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“An Upper East Side Gem!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

As a former NYC resident, I am quite particular where I stay when I visit my old "stomping grounds" and am always pleased beyond measure when I stay at any of the Affinia hotels. On this particular visit, I stayed at the Affinia Gardens and could not have been more satisfied. In each and every Affinia property I've stayed in, the staff are friendlier than the next and this was the case upon my arrival to this property. I was greeted by all staff in the (beautiful and newly renovated) lobby and one was friendlier than the next. Once I got to my room, I was shocked with the size - not to mention my outdoor patio, fully furnished with aptio furniture and an outdoor light. It was like a little oasis in the middle of the City! As always, the room was exceptionally clean and beautifully accomodated. I felt like I was staying in a spa! The beds were exceptionally comfortable and I was able to indulge in the pillow menu. I would recommend the Affinia Gardens to ANYONE who values top notch service, cleanliness and comfort in their stay.

2 Thank Elyse S
SteveSassoGM, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Elyse S,

It is always great to be able to welcome former New Yorkers back to the city. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the many comforts and amenities that provide such great value here on the Upper East Side; they truly set us apart from others. Our location, pillow, menu, signature Affinia beds, huge rooms with full kitchens, unique suite categories that may include outdoor patio or balcony space, and our wonderful team of professionals, all help us to provide a top notch experience and we love to hear when this is the case. I appreciate you sharing your feedback and your loyalty to the Affinia Gardens and our fantastic sister hotels (with locations in Miami, Washington DC, and Chicago). My team and I look forward to the chance to welcome you again soon with the friendliness you have always experienced.

Steve Sasso

For more information on Affinia’s Tender Loving Comfort® movement, our Best Rate Promise, or Affinia Gardens, please visit our website.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed here again 15 nights on business. A very helpfull staff, including Pedro, Mike, Kris, Caprice, and Housekeeping make the stay easy. Some issues need to be addressed by top management--- the in-room coffeemakers are dreadful so trips down to lobby for coffee a must do. Staying on top of required maintenance is necessary and deserves attention.

Room Tip: higher is quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank citygal_13
SteveSassoGM, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear citygal_13,

Thank you so much for the excellent review and for highlighting the team as we always share and review feedback. We are glad that you liked the availability of our lobby coffee machine that also offers specialty teas. Please know that we have a second type of coffee machine available for in-room guest use for those that may be looking for other options. As a follow up to my off-line message to you, my contact details are below if you would like for me to have one arranged for a future visit or if there is anything that may need my attention or follow up.

Thank you again for your feedback and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Wishing you TLC now and always,

ssasso@affinia.com

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We enjoyed our stay, great location, close to the subway and Central Park. The staff were very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to others. Rooms a good size. Kitchen and bathroom small but do the job. Kids loved the free wi-fi in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SteveSassoGM, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Fiona_T67,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay and my team and I appreciate you letting others know. We look forward to your return and I am available should you need anything

Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great time for my family we visited a lot of places in Manhattan

Very close to a train station and Central park

The kitchen came in handy so that we did not have to eat out every time and when we did eat out there were a lot of restaurants in the area.

Was a very clean and tidy room with plenty of room. (I expected that the rooms would be small because of it being in Manhattan But they were very roomy

Dear Jeff L,

My team and I are happy to hear that you and your family had a great experience as this is always our goal. Our full kitchens and our clean and spacious guest rooms which all start at over 400 square feet are definitely not the norm in Manhattan and we love making sure they are filled with amenities and other comforts. I am glad that you seem to have been able to explore the city especially Central Park which is a 10-15 minute walk from our hotel and so beautiful to see at any time of the year. We hope to welcome everyone back soon!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We've stayed at the Affinia every time we're in NYC--twice a year--- because we like the quiet location, the tasteful contemporary decor, and the spacious rooms. Pedro and the other staff are always helpful and courteous. Also handy is the Gourmet Garage for groceries and the Hertz car rental place within a couple of blocks as well as the many cozy restaurants nearby on Lexington Street. A great oasis when returning from a a typically over-stimulating day in the Big Apple.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor and your room will be even quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank catherine a
Dear catherine a,

Thank you for sharing a review of our hotel with others. We appreciate your loyalty and it’s great to hear about Pedro and our wonderful team. Most have been working at the hotel for many years and we all take great pride in doing our very best to ensure a wonderful stay. NYC can certainly be intense and we take extra steps to make sure that we truly are an oasis of comfort and convenience for all of our Guests. And yes, Gourmet Garage is a great place for groceries, and with only five locations in the city we are lucky to have one right down the street from us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and are always available should you need anything.

Wishing you TLC now and always,

USA
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had a great experience at Affinia Gardens. The staff was friendly and efficient. The location on the Upper East Side, close to Central Park , Madison Avenue shopping and many good restaurants, was perfect. Our room, a junior suite, was roomy and comfortable, with a full kitchen and nice bathroom. There was plenty of space to store our belongings, and the room was large enough for two people to dress easily. The bed was comfortable, and we had no problems with noise (we were on the 6th floor). I didn't give five stars because of the excessive charges for internet access.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor at the front of the hotel and still had no problems with noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oltraveler
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We've been staying at this hotel for several years and we appreciate the treatment from the staff, the location and the practical aspect of the rooms. For us, it is important to have a kitchen available, and the rooms have a complete one, with great room and kitchenware - even though in a small amount.The rooms are wide and well lit, and the common areas are well maintained, having gone through a refurbishment in 2012 that made them cozier. Another great aspect are the complimentary tea and coffee offered by the hotel at the lobby. Kris - the doorman - is an incredible person, humorous and very helpful. Caprice and Shefi from the front desk are great, always giving us tips and helping with reservations and tours. One blip at this great staff is Joanna, hotel manager, who was - at several opportunities - extremely rude, grumpy and indelicate. Overall, a great place to stay if you steer clear from the grumpy manager.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family