DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Benjamin(New York City)
  • Room Service
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)
  • Room Service
San Carlos Hotel(New York City)
  • Fitness center
W New York(New York City)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
New York Marriott East Side(New York City)
5,292 results
All reviewsdouble treegreat locationnew yorkwarm cookieslexington avenuesubway stationrockefeller centercentral parktimes squareking roomaround the cornerstreet noisefew blocksbolivarlobbynycbellman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Quite nice, though maybe a bit high on the pricing scale. The hotel has obviously had a recent renovation and the public spaces and the exterior look great. The rooms are spacious and clean, though the remodel leaves them feeling a bit generic, decor-wise. I had a great view of the Chrysler Building for the one night I stayed there. The Doubletree is located right next to the subway, so connecting to public transport is simple.

Minor grievances: Bizarrely, there was no coffee-maker or anything of the sort in the room. The hotel also isn't exactly located in a hotbed of activity, (at least on the weekend) but that's most of midtown for you.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Nadria B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Pli1018,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you loved our recently renovated rooms and that the location was made it simple for you to acquire public transportation. I am sorry we were unable to provide a coffee maker I your room and will keep your comments in mind as we try to improve our guest services.

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed an excellent 5 day trip to New York mid January, luckily avoiding dodgy weather.
Chose the hotel for the location and price. Mid town east is a great spot to stay.
Hotel was clean and comfortable. Our room was at the rear and was therefore pretty quiet.
Good choice of eateries for breakfast on the doorstep and a number of popular attractions are within walking distance. Metro or taxi takes you easily to the rest.
Will certainly consider using again on our next visit.

Stayed: January 2014

Dear Rici B,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We are very happy that you had an enjoyable experience with us. We hope to see you for many more future visits.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

hallways dark and narrow. I feel like I'm in a cave. Stayed here at employers request because of the price but I do not care for this hotel. Rooms are small but also feel dark. Could not put on air-conditioning as it was winter but no fan either not like other hotels. They told me heat was off. Bathrrom so small you hit your knees on the door when using the toilet and I killed my foot stepping on the doorjam thing when getting out of the bath. No restaurant open for dinner only room service and a very small bar. No where to go to just hang if you are having a long stay and weather is bad. Staff could be more helpful. Worked nightshift and asked for a quiet room. Last night I was there sandblasting was going on outside my window until 10PM they had no where to move me. Rooms are kept clean but the whole hotel seems dusty smelling when you get to the floors. Musty smell in the bathroom. I won't stay there again unless I have too and I am a Hilton Honors member

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Kathleen M,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on the comfort and appointment of our guest rooms and we will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience moving forward. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Pros: Location, size of room was decent for NYC, price was very reasonable, comfortable bed.

Cons: Hotel is under significant renovation in the hallways; Front desk staff was perhaps the least polite I have ever dealt with (although they did settle an issue we had with the room); hotel had one employee working the front desk during check-in time at 3pm, resulting in enormous lines; the bag check at the front desk was not complimentary (the charge was not more than one would usually tip for this service anyway, but the idea of this not being a complimentary service is new to me and seemed odd).

Overall: Fine stay. Would not seek out this hotel again though.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear UK4220,
Please accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience that you had at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for notifying us of your concerns as it relates to the appearance of our hallways. I just wanted you to know that we are currently renovating our corridors to enhance the appearance. I ask for your patience while we address this issue.
I also want to apologize for the wait you experienced at check in and the attitude of the staff. We will keep your comments in mind so that we can improve the services for future visits. We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that you can let us know how we are doing.
Nadria Buchanan- Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The hotel was decent and cannot go wrong with the location for Midtown and is literally next to the subway line 6 and a short walk to the cross town subway (E and A etc).
Room was comfortable and clean. Bathroom was pretty small. Had no major complaints, all but for the charge to store luggage.
I am not cheap, but charging $1 to store luggage seems a little unnecessary and is certainly the first time I have experienced this. This should be all part of the rate!
Othewise would have given it a 4 out of 5.
Had a quick drink at the bar, which was nice.
Overall a good stay and a nice hotel and location. Just the odd little thing annoyed me.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear DanHobs,
Thank you for taking the share your experience with us. We are very pleased that you had a great experience with us. We apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced as a result of the storage charge. Our policies/procedures are consistent with many hotels within New York City. We periodically review our policies & procedures to ensure our guests are getting the best experience, we value your feedback and will take it into consideration.
Nadria Buchanan- Guest Experience Manager