“Worst Experience!!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City
Ranked #328 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The building next to the hotel was under renovation and heard nothing but a jack hammer the entire first night. Next night I told the front desk about the noise and was told that they would get security to investigate. WHAT?! Went down again with a recording of the noise and Karen (who was nice) apologized and said they would move me. The next room was not noisy but had a horrible smell coming from the bathroom and the shower was filled with black mold. The floor was being renovated and was a mess. I had to sleep with the window open and the bathroom door closed and a perfumed soaked towel. I guess there were no other rooms available and I wasn't told it was only for one night. So I knew I couldn't stay the next 3 nights so I cancelled my other nights reservations and booked at the Westin. Much better for the same money. I will never stay at a Hilton again. I was a loyal reward member, but now my business will be with Starwood rewards. I have pictures to prove the mold and a video for the noise I was subjected to.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Nadria B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Rosie66296,
Thank you for taking the time out to share your most recent experience with us via TripAdvisor. It is regrettable that your experience with us was not to your expectation of service. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the noise disturbance you experienced from the renovation next door. We were unaware that there would be a renovation project as we would have informed our guests of this issue. Thank you for notifying us of your concerns regarding the condition of the bathroom. I would like to take the opportunity to further investigate to prevent a similar event in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly at nbuchanan@dtnewyork.com so that we further discuss. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Nadria Buchanan – Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,164)

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We found this a perfect choice of accommodations for us- convenient to everywhere we wanted to be at a more reasonable price than most hotels in the area. Clean, fresh and contemporary interiors. Friendly, courteous and professional service by Robert Sierra was an extra treat and much appreciated!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Nadria B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Ellen W,
Thank you for choosing our property for your most recent stay and for the allotment of your comment via TripAdvisor. We welcome the feedback and are very ecstatic that you had a fantastic experience with us. It brings great joy to know that Robert was able to contribute to your experience. We hope to have you stay with us for many more future visits.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I just stayed there for work and found it a very pleasant experience. At 51st and Lex, close to almost everything and just a block from the subway for the E train into Queens or to the Financial district. Room was small but extremely clean, the bed and pillows were comfy and it was quiet - never heard neighbors talking or anything. Nice sized Flat screen TV that swiveled. There is a 24 hour Duane Reade (drugstore) one block over. Great staff.

I was on the third floor, so no view. I would avoid room service: ok food but overpriced in comparison to other options. Overall, I would stay there again whenever in town.

Room Tip: In speaking to others in the hotel, there doesn't seem to be a bad room. Ask for a higher floor...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear TXMamaLiz,
Thank you for choosing our property for your most recent stay and for sharing your comment via TripAdvisor. We encourage all our guests to share their experience with us so that we are able to identify areas of improvement. We are pleased that you enjoyed our stay with us. We pride in the convenience of our location and are happy it was suitable in your traveling needs. Thank you for your comment regarding room service, I share this with our Food and Beverage team for future consideration. If there was anything else that we could have done to make your stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at nbuchanan@dtnewyork.com.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in Manhattan and the hotel was conveniently located for the us. Near Central Park, the theater districts and Times Square. Door men were very polite and helpful as well as the desk staff. Room was comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Joan C,
Thank you for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We appreciate the feedback and are happy that you had a wonderful stay with us. We are happy that you found our location to be convenient to your needs. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you for future visits.

Stayed there twice.
Very nice and well located hotel.
The staff is very caring and the beds are outstanding.
You'll be in a walking distance from central park, times square, moma, rockefeller center, blomingdales and others.
There is also a subway station 10 steps from the entrance and a metro cafe just beside.
I would stay there again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Nadria B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Victor D,
Thank you for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate the feedback and are very pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us. We pride in our convenient location and are very happy that it was suitable to needs. We hope to have another opportunity to cater your future lodging needs.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

This hotel is reasonably priced and is in a good east side location at 51st and Lexington. It's close to Madison Ave, shops. Rooms are clean and comfortable, also quiet. Rates do not rise astronomically during the pre-Christmas season, unlike other New York Hotels. In fact, our rate at check-in was lower than the rate quoted when we made our reservation.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Bahia 123,
Thank you for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us via TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you had an amazing experience with us, as we strive to provide our guest with 100% guest satisfaction. We hope to have another opportunity to cater your future lodging needs so that we can further demonstrate our commitment to customer satisfaction.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

If you are looking to stay at one of the best hotel in New York, Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan is the ultimate place to stay. I am going to stay at this hotel every time I will travel to New York. The location of this hotel is the ultimate reason for the huge popularity of this hotel. I was amazed at the views I could enjoy. Another big plus about staying at this hotel is the kind of treatment that you get. The staffs treat you like special guests and they took care of all my needs and made my experience memorable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Simey J,
Thank you for the amazing feedback via TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you found our hotel suiting to your travelling needs. Our staff is dedicated to demonstrating our commitment to guest satisfaction and I am very happy that we were able to achieve this for your stay. We look forward to many more visits.