“Extremely Pleased!”

Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City
Ranked #328 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have been going to New York City for the past 6 years on business and the hotel where I was staying closed. I must admit that I was upset by its closing but am so happy to say that I am extremely pleased with my entire experience at this Doubletree. I have so far stayed there on four occasions and I intend to continue staying there. The service at the Hotel is attentive, personal and professional. This is surprising for a large hotel. They are so willing to accommodate my needs, whether it is housekeeping services or the front desk staff. I must admit that the breakfast in the Met Grill is the best I have had in any Hilton. The Hotel is meticulously clean. The staff already knows me and personally welcomes me back. I would highly recommend this Doubletree.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank tony7602013
Nadria B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Tony7602013,
Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us via TripAdvisor. We thank you for staying with us and for your continued business. I am pleased that you found the service you received from our staff to be attentive, personal and professional. I will be sure to share your feedback about the breakfast with our Executive Chef. Thanks again for the feedback and we look forward to your future visits.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Location was perfect and the service was great. We had reservations for 6 rooms under different names and if anyone has traveled with a group you know there's usually a mix up. That concerned immediately disappeared when Franklin at the front desk was aware of all of our parties. Franklin was helpful and knowledgeable of the city. It's not best hotel in the city, but the location and the staff makes this place perfect for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dino S

Dear Dino S,
Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate the feedback and are very pleased that Franklin’s attention to detail was able to make your check in process seamless. I am very happy that you had a wonderful experience with us and we hope to see you for many more future visits.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed here after running in the ING NYC Marathon. The staff were extremely welcoming and friendly. The room was clean and well kept. The location was phenomenal, just blocks from Times Square, short ride to Central Park, and close to subway stop. The price is comparable to any quality hotels in NYC.

1  Thank bantatho

Dear Bantatho,
Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us via TripAdvisor. We pride in our convenient location and are very thrilled that it was suitable to your travel needs. I hope that we will have another opportunity to cater to your lodging needs. Thank you for staying with us.

location location location!!
This hotel is situated in a great area- many restaurants within walking distance to hotel.
Big plus for being next to subway station. Love the warm "welcome" cookies.
Staff very friendly and welcoming.
Nice bar on the main floor- very busy - good atmosphere!!

1  Thank VAC0213

Dear VAC0213,
Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us via TripAdvisor. It brings us great pleasure to know that our guests share their experience with us and others. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that we will have another opportunity to cater to your lodging needs.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is the first hotel that I have stayed in and felt like a guest and not a customer. The truly take care of you from the time you check-in and check-out. The room was very nice and eventhough the bathroom was a bit too small; their efficiency in many other areas positively enhanced my experience. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to NYC.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Jovens C

Dear Jovens C,
Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us. This is the kind of experience that we aim to provide for all our guests. It brings us great pride to know that we were able demonstrate our dedication to customer service. Thank you for staying with us and for the wonderful recommendation. We look forward to seeing you for many more future visits.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My fiancé and I flew to NY to visit few venues for our wedding in May. We stayed at the Doubletree on Lexington, and the staff made our visit a wonderful experience! We appreciate the attention to details and gracious hospitality! Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Michael D

Dear Michael D,
Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us We appreciate the kind feedback and are very pleased that you had an amazing stay with us. We look forward to seeing you for many more future visits.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Doubletree Metropolitan is ideally situated for those relying on public transport in NYC. A stop for the 6 subway is literally steps away, and a block or so up a stop with more options. The hotel itself was fine, if a bit faded. The lobby is modern and busy, if a tad on the small and cramped side for a hotel rated as a 4 star. The desk staff were efficient and helpful, if not exactly friendly. There were 4 elevators, all functioning during my entire 5 day stay - I've recently been to a number of NYC hotels where a lot of time was spent waiting for elevators, so this was a welcome amenity. The halls on the floors with the rooms were a bit drab and off putting - very utilitarian, somewhat banged up, and very dull colors. And there was some construction going on on the floor that I was on. The room was better - comfortable bed, clean, relatively spacious, and reasonably up to date. Things were a bit dated, and again the color palette was pretty drab, but I've really no complaints with the room. You could hear doors bang in the halls, but the noise level wasn't bad at all overall. The bathroom was fine, though the water did back up a bit in the tub when showering. Checkout was smooth and efficient. I stored my bag since my flight didn't leave until later in the day.... they charge $2 per bag to do this, which personally I find pretty ridiculous. Also be aware that there's a (high) fee for WiFi in the rooms, though there is free access in the lobby.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a bit less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ofamof
Nadria B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Ofamof,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased that you were happy with the overall accommodations provided and the location of our hotel. Thank you for highlighting areas of improvement; I would like to take this opportunity to address some of your concerns. As it relates to the appearance of our hallways, I just wanted you to know we have begun a project to renovate our corridors to enhance the appearance. I apologize that you were dissatisfied with the cost associated with luggage storage. Our policies/procedures are consistent with many hotels within New York City. As we periodically review our policies & procedures to ensure our guests are getting the best experience, we value your feedback and will take it into consideration. If there was anything else that we could have done to make your stay a more enjoyable one, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at nbuchanan@dtnewyork.com .