I chose this hotel primarily for the location. Was totally thrilled with every aspect of our stay. Contacted the hotel to request a quiet room and that I was bringing my daughter to NYC for an 18th birthday treat. On arrival we had been upgraded to a two bed room and a beautiful dessert was waiting in the room for my daughter. This coupled with the warm cookies and friendly, efficient check-in was a fantastic start to our our week.
The room was a good size, beds wonderfully comfortable, excellent quality linens, beautiful Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries in the spotless bathroom, large, fluffy towels. As we were on a high floor -19th, we were not disturbed by street noise and had a very restful sleep each night after a busy day sightseeing.
We ate breakfast most mornings at the Oxford Cafe (turn right out the hotel walk 1 block). Very good food reasonably priced. As mentioned before by others the location is great. Right by the subway, short walk to 5th Ave, Rockerfeller Plaza, Times Square.
In summary, an excellent hotel with friendly staff and great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan New York City is a modern, landmark hotel conveniently located on Lexington Avenue at 51st Street, in the heart of Midtown’s luxurious East Side. The contemporary hotel recently completed a $25 million dollar revitalization project which included all-new guestrooms, suites and meeting space. With it’s ideal Midtown location, the hotel is steps from fashionable Park Avenue, Fifth Avenue shopping, Bloomingdales, the United Nations and many upscale boutiques. Times Square, Broadway theaters, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Central Park, St. Patrick’s Cathedral and The Museum of Modern Art are all within walking distance. Grand Central Terminal and all major subway lines are just a few blocks from the hotel. Penn Station/Madison Square Garden and Port Authority Bus Terminal are accessible via quick taxi ride and the hotel is convenient to all (3) area airports. Each of the hotel’s 764 brand-new guestrooms (including 22 suites) features all-new carpeting, furniture and wall treatments plus brand-new bathrooms. Modern in-room amenities include high-speed Internet access, Sweet Dreams by Doubletree Sleep Experience, 37-inch flat-screen television, MP3 connectivity and brand-new work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include a newly renovated lobby with spacious seating area, trendy Met Bar lobby lounge, Met Grill (open for breakfast), room service, complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center, complimentary 24-hour business center, Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, gift shop, salon and barber shop – all onsite. The hotel has 14,000 square feet of brand-new event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- New York City Doubletree
- Doubletree Metropolitan New York
- Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel New York City