Went to New York for vacation. It was very close to everything. Was able to walk to Broadway Theatre in the Theatre district, was able to walk to Central Park, was able to walk to Times Square, also 10 feet away from Subway 51st station so easy to get from airport. Got there during middle of day so didn't want to be stuck in traffic so we took the train. Very easy and fast plus I wanted to try out the amazing New York 4 level subway system. Hotel has a very nice modern decor and staff was very helpful. Room is comfy but bathrooms are very small. Very nice fitness center for a hotel with some modern equipment. My daughter was sad there was no pool but everything else was nice. Concierge was very helpful getting us around town. He recommended double decker tour bus which we ended up taking and it was a good move as we were able to visit a lot of sites within a short time. Too bad Statue of Liberty was closed due to the flooding but it will reopen July 4 supposedly for those of you wanting to visit it. Overall a nice stay and price was good since I booked thru Hotwire and got a 30% discount. One other kudos, they were able to check me in early which was nice so we could get in our room and relax before starting our sight seeing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan New York City is a modern, landmark hotel conveniently located on Lexington Avenue at 51st Street, in the heart of Midtown’s luxurious East Side. The contemporary hotel recently completed a $25 million dollar revitalization project which included all-new guestrooms, suites and meeting space. With it’s ideal Midtown location, the hotel is steps from fashionable Park Avenue, Fifth Avenue shopping, Bloomingdales, the United Nations and many upscale boutiques. Times Square, Broadway theaters, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Central Park, St. Patrick’s Cathedral and The Museum of Modern Art are all within walking distance. Grand Central Terminal and all major subway lines are just a few blocks from the hotel. Penn Station/Madison Square Garden and Port Authority Bus Terminal are accessible via quick taxi ride and the hotel is convenient to all (3) area airports. Each of the hotel’s 764 brand-new guestrooms (including 22 suites) features all-new carpeting, furniture and wall treatments plus brand-new bathrooms. Modern in-room amenities include high-speed Internet access, Sweet Dreams by Doubletree Sleep Experience, 37-inch flat-screen television, MP3 connectivity and brand-new work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include a newly renovated lobby with spacious seating area, trendy Met Bar lobby lounge, Met Grill (open for breakfast), complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center, complimentary 24-hour business center, Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, gift shop, salon and barber shop – all onsite. The hotel has 14,000 square feet of brand-new event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- New York City Doubletree
- Doubletree Metropolitan New York
- Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel New York City