Ever since I was a kid I have frequented this centrally located New York hotel. First it was the Summit Hotel, then the Loews Summit, then the Loews New York, then the Metropolitan and finally the Doubletree Metropolitan. Last time around however I had the worse experience staying during renovations. That time, my review was so bad, that Trip Advisor asked me to confirm it. I decided to give the hotel a chance. I booked at an excellent rate compared to similar properties and got more than I expected. The newly renovated room is very practical and well designed. The hotel is built around the Manhattan theme. The elevator music is a bit loud though. They are very generous to Hilton Honors Gold Members and offer a full american breakfast buffet. The servers have all worked for many years in the property and are very nice. The front desk is well tended and they give out cookies, yes, a lot of delicious cookies. There is courtesy internet in the public areas. The lobby is a bit too dark for my liking. After hours a security guard stands by the elevator and that certainly makes me feel safer. As NYC is an overpriced city, the Doubletree Metropolitan is probably one of the best deals in town. Its location is outstanding and the new renovated facilities make it well worth staying there. The gym equipment needs a little bit of work Congratulations on turning around this property!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan New York City is a modern, landmark hotel conveniently located on Lexington Avenue at 51st Street, in the heart of Midtown’s luxurious East Side. The contemporary hotel recently completed a $25 million dollar revitalization project which included all-new guestrooms, suites and meeting space. With it’s ideal Midtown location, the hotel is steps from fashionable Park Avenue, Fifth Avenue shopping, Bloomingdales, the United Nations and many upscale boutiques. Times Square, Broadway theaters, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Central Park, St. Patrick’s Cathedral and The Museum of Modern Art are all within walking distance. Grand Central Terminal and all major subway lines are just a few blocks from the hotel. Penn Station/Madison Square Garden and Port Authority Bus Terminal are accessible via quick taxi ride and the hotel is convenient to all (3) area airports. Each of the hotel’s 764 brand-new guestrooms (including 22 suites) features all-new carpeting, furniture and wall treatments plus brand-new bathrooms. Modern in-room amenities include high-speed Internet access, Sweet Dreams by Doubletree Sleep Experience, 37-inch flat-screen television, MP3 connectivity and brand-new work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include a newly renovated lobby with spacious seating area, trendy Met Bar lobby lounge, Met Grill (open for breakfast), complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center, complimentary 24-hour business center, Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, gift shop, salon and barber shop – all onsite. The hotel has 14,000 square feet of brand-new event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- New York City Doubletree
- Doubletree Metropolitan New York
- Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel New York City