DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
$267
  • Room Service
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$177
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
$144
$116
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$183
$152
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$354
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Breakfast included
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$305
5,353 results
All reviewsdouble treegreat locationnew yorkwarm cookieslexington avenuesubway stationrockefeller centercentral parktimes squareking roomaround the cornerstreet noisefew blocksbolivarlobbynycbellman
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I visited the Doubletree on Lex for two nights in March for a business trip. It was an easy 5 minute walk to the office as well as Grand Central Station. Like many New York hotels, the lobby seems small but there were always people in the lobby bar/restaurant area. The room was clean with an AC fan you could set to "on" that kept out the city noise and the people in the hallway coming in late. Bathroom was a little small, but I appreciated the larger size safe.
I had read other reviews about the unhelpful staff, so was pleasantly surprised when I needed to check in 4 hours early and the front desk person I spoke to on the phone gave me many different options of rooms I could choose from and ensured that the team on site knew my choice when I arrived.
A little harder to get a cab in front of this hotel than some of the others down the street. Quick walk over on 51st to get to Times Square and Rockafeller Center for some evening down time as well.

Room Tip: If you are not used to city traffic noises, ask for a room on a higher floor. This hotel goes to the 19th floor before the "penthouse" suite section. Free chocolate chip cookies warmed for you upon arrival. Very quick deli directly outside the door of the hotel to the right was a better evening sandwich option than the more costly lobby bar.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
MitzieS_13, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time and consideration of letting us know about your stay. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the rest of the team. Thank you for choosing Doubletree by Hilton Metropolitan.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Disappointed to say the least. The free cookies are a nice touch but would have preferred free wifi or coffee maker. I know people have put on here it was in a good location but we didn't think it was.Lots of hotels in much better location and cheaper. When we booked it said on our email 2 free drinks which we never got. Told later we should have asked for them, didn't ask for cookies but got them. All the staff looked fed and didn't seem helpful in fact the worse customer service we've ever had in the US. The only customers that seem to get any attention were the ones who looked like they had money. In fact as we arrived at the hotel after a very tiring day 4 women in fur coats were ushered into our cab before we could get out. We were woken several times through the night by people talking and banging doors, this started about 2-30 am. Maybe we were expecting more with the name from the name Hilton tucked away in the title. The only plus sign was the fire station outside our window, the plus being the firemen.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jandlhixxy

Reviewed March 15, 2013

After a long day travelling , all you want to do is get to the room and freshen up. Its not that easy at this hotel as reception is slow and unfriendly. There was a problem with swiping my card for incidentals.

The hotel had been paid in full but demanding another $500 before I could get to the room. After an hour of hell and reception demanding for money, poor attitude lack of service and panic phone calls back and forth to the UK, I could finally get to the room. I addressed all this to the manager, not that they were bothered.

location is good, walk to most places 5th av , grand central , Rockefeller.
2 cafes next to the hotel so perfect to have breakfast there.

Bathrooms are small , there is prob an inch between the toilet and bath tub.

Once you check out, bags are $1 each to put store in the hotel and you have to give another $1 per bag to get bags out. This is a cheeky way of doing it especially if you have more than 1 bag. Please make sure you have plenty of time to collect the bags, due to slow service.

The only good thing about the hotel , is the location . Easy to get to and from JKF on the E train. Also only 10 mins walk to 5th avenue from hotel and a nice walk to grand central. You have the local 6 train , which is handy right next to the hotel too. Oh and a pharmacy / local supermarket shop, as well as cafe either side of the hotel. I would save your money and go there for breakfast. Avoid using any of the money hungry services in the hotel.

Room Tip: a high floor with a view , not an internal view
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Excellent friendly staff. Particularly the concierge desk who are happy to book all kinds of attraction tickets for you. Food and drink in the bar was pricey,but there were take outs of all kinds nearby and a convenience store selling beer which we took back to our room.
The location couldn't have been better. The subway is literally outside the door and all the main attractions for this part of town are within easy walking distance.(Empire State; Rockefeller, Times Square ,Grand central station,Central park, Macy's We went after PResidents in in February and therewere no queueus at any attractions. Wrap up warm for ES Building and Top of the Rock. Buy a metro card for the subway if you're therefor more than a couple of days

Room Tip: We had a room at the back .Had to keep the curtains closed because of proximity of the next building. A little noise form airconditioners but not intrusive. Could not hear road noise at all
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time and consideration of letting us know about your stay. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the rest of the team. Thank you for choosing Doubletree by Hilton Metropolitan!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My friends and I traveled to NYC for a girls weekend. It was a short, sweet trip made better by our stay at the Doubletree Metropolitan. We purchased the hotel rooms on Groupon so we got an excellent deal on the cost of the room plus a few perks. The rooms were very nice and modern, one HUGE plus was the number of outlets built into the furniture. It never fails when you go to a hotel that you're searching for available outlets to charge your phone or laptop, but the Doubletree had two built into the nightstand, two in the desk, and several wall outlets not used or blocked by furniture. It was a great location in regards to Times Square - far enough away that it calmed down at night but close enough that we could walk every day. The staff was very friendly. The bathroom had a slight mildew smell, but that would be my only complaint. Definitely somewhere I'll be looking to stay again!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends