Stayed at Doubletree 26-30 December with my partner. For us this hotel was ideal and the location was perfect. About 10 mins walk to Time Square and Rockefeller. The hotel was very busy and completely sold out so using the lifts at peak time was frustrating at times. They have 4 lifts but only 3 were working, we were on floor 15 and waited forever sometimes for a lift to appear and often when it did appear it was full. We were happy to use the stairs but for some people that's not an option.
The lobby area gets very busy with people using their laptops and tablets as wifi is free in the lobby. If you want wifi in your room you have to pay.
Our hotel room was a perfect size. You had all you needed in the bathroom and they supplied soap, shower gel and shampoo. The bed was a little small but it was very comfortable.
Overall the hotel ticked all our boxes, clean, comfortable and great location and for 4 nights at $1,020 including taxes and charges in the holiday season it was a bargain in comparison to other hotels we looked at.
One thing I will point out is that you have to check out by midday so if you have an evening flight and leave your bags in the luggage room you have to pay $2 per bag.
We would stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan New York City is a modern, landmark hotel conveniently located on Lexington Avenue at 51st Street, in the heart of Midtown’s luxurious East Side. The contemporary hotel recently completed a $25 million dollar revitalization project which included all-new guestrooms, suites and meeting space. With it’s ideal Midtown location, the hotel is steps from fashionable Park Avenue, Fifth Avenue shopping, Bloomingdales, the United Nations and many upscale boutiques. Times Square, Broadway theaters, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Central Park, St. Patrick’s Cathedral and The Museum of Modern Art are all within walking distance. Grand Central Terminal and all major subway lines are just a few blocks from the hotel. Penn Station/Madison Square Garden and Port Authority Bus Terminal are accessible via quick taxi ride and the hotel is convenient to all (3) area airports. Each of the hotel’s 764 brand-new guestrooms (including 22 suites) features all-new carpeting, furniture and wall treatments plus brand-new bathrooms. Modern in-room amenities include high-speed Internet access, Sweet Dreams by Doubletree Sleep Experience, 37-inch flat-screen television, MP3 connectivity and brand-new work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include a newly renovated lobby with spacious seating area, trendy Met Bar lobby lounge, Met Grill (open for breakfast), complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center, complimentary 24-hour business center, Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, gift shop, salon and barber shop – all onsite. The hotel has 14,000 square feet of brand-new event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelPower, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- New York City Doubletree
- Doubletree Metropolitan New York
- Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel New York City