We stayed at the Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan the weekend of the (cancelled) NYC Marathon, so it was completely booked with marathoners and those without electricity due to Hurricane Sandy. We arrived early Friday morning on the red eye and they held our luggage (for a fee) until a room was ready. The front desk staff were friendly and professional, and I really appreciated their effort to find us a room before the official check in time as I was unable to sleep on the plane and nearly delirious by noon.
I'm over the trendy boutique hotels where rooms are the size of a shoe box. I want comfort and the room we had (a king) was clean and a good size, especially for NYC. The bed was really comfortable and I appreciated the outlets located on the nightstand so I could continue to use my ipad while charging. We had some problems adjusting the thermostat, but I think that was more due to user incompetence. My primary complaint about the room would be about the size of the bathroom. The sink was located separately outside of the bathroom, so it was just the shower and the toilet in there - and the bathroom was just big enough to fit those two.
The hotel location is great. You can easily walk to so many places nearby - Central Park, shopping, restaurants, and the subway stop. There's also a Duane Reade across the street if you want to buy snacks/drinks for the hotel room. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan New York City is a modern, landmark hotel conveniently located on Lexington Avenue at 51st Street, in the heart of Midtown’s luxurious East Side. The contemporary hotel recently completed a $25 million dollar revitalization project which included all-new guestrooms, suites and meeting space. With it’s ideal Midtown location, the hotel is steps from fashionable Park Avenue, Fifth Avenue shopping, Bloomingdales, the United Nations and many upscale boutiques. Times Square, Broadway theaters, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Central Park, St. Patrick’s Cathedral and The Museum of Modern Art are all within walking distance. Grand Central Terminal and all major subway lines are just a few blocks from the hotel. Penn Station/Madison Square Garden and Port Authority Bus Terminal are accessible via quick taxi ride and the hotel is convenient to all (3) area airports. Each of the hotel’s 764 brand-new guestrooms (including 22 suites) features all-new carpeting, furniture and wall treatments plus brand-new bathrooms. Modern in-room amenities include high-speed Internet access, Sweet Dreams by Doubletree Sleep Experience, 37-inch flat-screen television, MP3 connectivity and brand-new work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include a newly renovated lobby with spacious seating area, trendy Met Bar lobby lounge, Met Grill (open for breakfast), complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center, complimentary 24-hour business center, Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, gift shop, salon and barber shop – all onsite. The hotel has 14,000 square feet of brand-new event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- New York City Doubletree
- Doubletree Metropolitan New York
- Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel New York City