“Love it!”

Le Parker Meridien New York
Ranked #253 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Love it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2006

Was very happy with the hotel. Room size was good and the $50 upgrade for the park view a must! The top floor pool a nice option and the full work out gym wonderful if staying more than one night...although you have to pay to use it. The only downside was the lack of a lounge/resturaunt for family dinner....wasn't impressed with the one they have. Norma's is a must for breakfast and the burger joint also a delight. I will definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,212)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2006

I chose this hotel because of its Starwood affiliation and superb location in Manhattan. Try as the unhelpful staff might, they could do nothing to spoil the in-the-center-of-it-all location, but the front desk managed to convey the hotel's non-participation in the Starwood frequent guest program with an off-putting haughtiness that seemed instilled by employee training. The rudeness was that pervasive.

The dreadful service continued -- almost immediately -- when I asked the concierge desk to arrange delivery of a surprise gift to my travel companion. One of the two concierges on duty at the time seemed distracted to begin with, though neither she nor her partner was tending to any business. She behaved as if she were overburdened by my simple request (the gift was wrapped and labeled with name and room number), actually sighed, then reluctantly took the package.

The junior suite that I had booked was sleekly comfortable and spacious by Manhattan standards, but the noise in this 56th Street-facing room was constant, from the highly audible activity in the hotel's interior corridors to the intense whine of garbage trucks in the wee hours.

On the first night of my stay, I answered an urgent knock to find two agitated security personnel at my door. They asked if they could come in, I allowed them entry, and they proceeded to my window, which I had cracked open for fresh air. They were quick to accuse me of throwing dirty laundry out of my room onto the street, and, because I hadn't, I calmly explained that they must have the wrong room. They looked at me skeptically then left with nary an apology.

Upon checkout, the front desk clerk wisely did not ask me if I enjoyed my stay.

I have stayed at every level of accommodation in Manhattan -- from the humble Milford Plaza to the mid-level Millenium Hilton to the luxe Four Seasons and St. Regis -- and I have always felt that I was getting was I was paying for. But my stay at this miserable hotel has changed that. I was very disappointed and cannot recommend it to anyone for any reason.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2006

I recently stayed at the Le Parker Meridien over Easter for two nights with my 14 year old daughter. We stayed in a Superior King Bedroom that we had booked for 200 dollars on their website. The staff, concierge and bellman were very friendly and helpful. The location was really great, and was only a few minutes walk to central park, times square, and 5th avenue. Our trip was mainly for shopping, and therefore my daughter loved that we were only about a block away from 5th avenue where stores such as Lacoste, Abercrombie, Gap, and H and M were! I was impressed with the room which was on the small side like all New York rooms, but still very nice and modern. We ate one night at the Burger Joint in the lobby of the hotel, hidden behind a brown curtain. It had AMAZING burgers for 6 $, and had many raving reviews by the Washington Post and New York Times on their walls. I highly, highly recommend this place for a quick burger and fries during the day or a late night snack. I can not wait until we vistit New York City again, and have the pleasure of staying at the Le Parker Meridien!

• Stayed April 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2006

I stayed here for 2 nights for a conference that was based in the hotel. I was upgraded to a suite at check-in, but once I went to the room, I found out it was a smoking room that stunk of stale smoke. The couch even had a cigarette burn in it! The bathroom was nice and big. Loved the swirling tv and the closet space! Pool area was nice, but overall the hotel looked some what run down from the first time that I stayed there 2 years ago.

7 Thank hardingk
San Francisco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2006

Cpontrary to advertising done by Starwood this property refuses all Starwood gratitudes. It is a bummer because the hotel has a decent location now that the Essex House has left, but they will not honor any Starwood benefits, although the are aStarwood property. A truely bad place for frequent guests

5 Thank jalanr
springfield, mo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2006

We stayed at the Le Meridien because of the location. That was about all we got out of the experience. In fairness, we aren't really into the contemporary decorating this hotel seemed to have in abundance. The staff was great from start to finish. I thought the lobby and the rooms were very cold with no comfortable places to sit and lounge. The room had nothing in it that said "welcome". We didn't even have a phone book. We were hoping for more based on what we thought a four star hotel would offer. Do try Norma's and the Burger Joint. We loved both and would go back to either of them again. I doubt we will stay at this particular Le Meridien again.

• Stayed March 2006
6 Thank swanney
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2006

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in March as I did in 2005 at the same time of year. I was impressed the first time around and still like and recommend the hotel as it has a good location and is generally a very good 4 star hotel. Two of the main reasons I like to stay at this hotel have now gone however as you now get charged $10 a time to use the gym and internet usage in the rooms is no longer free and costs $16 per 24 hour period. I know that free internet usage is not common in hotels but it was one of the main reasons I booked to stay at this hotel. We have a great room on the 39th floor (3911) which is larger than most and has an amazing, unobstructed view of the park. I definetly recommend asking for this room as it backs onto the stair well and subsequently there is no neighbour noise. It took some doing to get this room though as our first 4 nights were spent in a room on the 16th floor which although enormous was extremely noisy - I don't recommend room 1611 for those who value a decent, noise free sleep! I think I will try a new hotel in NY next time as I think the Meridien's standards have slipped.

5 Thank RachelTLondon