“Excellent hotel, excellent location!”

Le Parker Meridien New York
Ranked #255 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Michigan
“Excellent hotel, excellent location!”
Reviewed July 9, 2009

We travel to NYC often and whenever possible we stay at Le Parker Meridien. For a number of reasons it is our favorite NYC hotel. We love the comfortable rooms and helpful staff. The location is great, walking distance to great shopping, central park, times square, and subway stations right on the block. Norma's is the best breakfast and we visit Norma's at least once every trip even when we don't stay at the hotel. The rooftop pool is wonderful. There is a great view of the city and central park. The pool is perfectly heated and very comfortable. The pool experience is especially wonderful in the summer months when they allow you to go outside.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
njtraveler1979
Reviewed July 7, 2009

I very much enjoyed my stay at this property. Check in was seamless and the staff was very professional and accommodating. The room was large by NYC standards and very clean and with modern decor.. I loved the bed and bathroom. Very comfortable. I could see the park from my window. The hotel is located a block from central park and near just about everything, so no need to take a taxi or subway. The food and bar downstairs was excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel to travelers to nyc.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed July 5, 2009

We were guests of The David Letterman Show and they set us up in this hotel. I would have been angry had I needed to put out the money for this room. It claimed to have a King size bed in the bedroom area of our suite. (It was a Double bed) The fold out sofa was at least a Queen. The room was worn looking and had things patched up and pieced together. For being over $500-$600 a night, this should have been immaculate and with more ammenities.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Maryland
Reviewed July 2, 2009

My husband and I brought out two grandchildren 6 & 7 years old and they loved the hotel! We had a beautiful suite with a city view. The kids after walking the city all day loved swimming in the pool and the breakfast I have never seen them clean their plate but to be honest so did I! The conceirge made great recommendations of places to eat and to take the kids to and on the train ride home they just want to make sure we are staying at the Parker Meridian again!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
foxboro ma
Reviewed July 2, 2009

Call ahead. Talk to the staff versus on the computer (Josette) she's the best. There's plenty to do, shopping, plays, sports, and the staff can get you there.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed July 2, 2009

Our first trip to New York could not have been better and Le Parker Meridien really made our stay first class.
The position - our room overlooked Central Park - was terrific. Everything about the hotel was first class.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Baltimore
Reviewed July 2, 2009

My stay at the Parker Meridien was my 3rd Starwood hotel I was staying in while on a recent trip to NYC. Check-in was not the quickest and I think they could train their employees to be a bit more personable. Was given a nice king room on the 29th floor with a beautiful view of Central Park. The room was decent but I did feel that certain things in the room needed to be upgraded to keep up with other hotels in NYC. For one they need new TVs and my room had the oldest iron I have ever had at a hotel. Beds were comfortable and I also really like the bath products (Peter Thomas Roth) that they provided. Bellman was great and really went out of his way to help guests (unlike the ones I experienced at both the W Times Square and W Court) I also really liked the location for shopping and its proximity to Central Park.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business