“the location, staff, food, and atmosphere, all were excellent.”

Le Parker Meridien New York
Ranked #256 of 466 Hotels in New York City
foxboro ma
“the location, staff, food, and atmosphere, all were excellent.”
Reviewed July 2, 2009

Call ahead. Talk to the staff versus on the computer (Josette) she's the best. There's plenty to do, shopping, plays, sports, and the staff can get you there.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed July 2, 2009

Our first trip to New York could not have been better and Le Parker Meridien really made our stay first class.
The position - our room overlooked Central Park - was terrific. Everything about the hotel was first class.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Baltimore
Reviewed July 2, 2009

My stay at the Parker Meridien was my 3rd Starwood hotel I was staying in while on a recent trip to NYC. Check-in was not the quickest and I think they could train their employees to be a bit more personable. Was given a nice king room on the 29th floor with a beautiful view of Central Park. The room was decent but I did feel that certain things in the room needed to be upgraded to keep up with other hotels in NYC. For one they need new TVs and my room had the oldest iron I have ever had at a hotel. Beds were comfortable and I also really like the bath products (Peter Thomas Roth) that they provided. Bellman was great and really went out of his way to help guests (unlike the ones I experienced at both the W Times Square and W Court) I also really liked the location for shopping and its proximity to Central Park.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
London
Reviewed June 29, 2009

We stayed here for 6 nights, and wouldn't go back.

The service was slow ( sometimes lines of 15 people at reception), I asked for an adaptor and was told that there was a waiting list of 12 people, and I should just buy my own from Duane Reade, part of the bathroom wall fell off when the door was shut, the bathroom door handle was broken, on 2 of our days here our room was not cleaned at all (we were out of the room for the majority of the day and called to remind them), 15 mins wait to get bags from the bellboy (despite explaining that I needed to get a plane). The list goes on....

We complained on our first few days, but gave up soon after, as we couldn't bear the wait to complain!

The hotel needs a repaint and refresh as it looks tired, and the staff seem to feel like that too.

The positives are the burger bar, Normas for breakfast, and the room size is good. (Although bathrooms are small).

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 27, 2009

Our room had a north-facing view of Central Park although we were hardly in the room much to enjoy it . . after all, this is New York City!! The view and the great water pressure in the shower were a huge plus. I am wondering why the glasses in my room were basically tall slender shot glasses. . . I drink a lot more water than that so a glass that is more than 2 oz. in size would be a nice touch. The iPod dock/charger was a nice - I always like it when hotels have iPod docks. I found the staff to be friendly, accomodating and professional. One tip: if you check out and leave your luggage with the hotel to store for the rest of the afternoon, be prepared to wait a while for them to retrieve it once you return. Apparently the storage room is not in the lobby itself and it took them about 15 minutes to get my bag.

The only drawback is the abundance of mirrors in the lobby (56th street side). That is the last thing I need in the early am after a night of too much wine and not enough sleep on my way to my first Starbucks run of the day.

Regrettably, I did not get to try the Burger Bar as I had hoped . . too many other meals around town this time. I will be sure to try it the next time I am in NYC - I will likely visit Le Parker again in the future!

Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
UK
Reviewed June 27, 2009

Great location with large modern rooms but let down by the slow service. It seems to have loads of staff to help you but they are not very quick to sort any problems or even serve you! We soon started to go elsewhere for our drinks as the staff seemed too busy talking to each other. However, the hotel was clean and ideal as a base to see and explore New York.

Tampa
Reviewed June 26, 2009

My husband and I stayed with our 9 and 13 year old boys for six days - our first stay at this hotel. As most families know, a long stay in NYC with active kids can be trying unless the kids have some physical outlet - well this hotel made it so easy!!! Everything about the hotel was truly awesome from the staff to the amenities and the location. Most surprising is the activities and services available for the kids - never would have guessed it! We used the pool, racquetball and basketball courts and the famous burger joint in the lobby on a daily basis. Location is also key - quick walk(just a few blocks) to Fifth Avenue, Central Park, Times Square, Broadway shows, the indoor mall at Columbus Circle(complete with Whole Foods and Bouchon Bakery) as well as the subway stations only a block away to whisk you to both Yankee and Mets stadium. Concierge gave great recs for kid friendly restaurants - Otto, Ellens Stardust Diner, Topaz Thai(right next to the hotel) and more. We will definitely be back thanks to a great job by Starwood in all categories!!

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family