“Good location, large rooms, but lacking a touch of personality”

Le Parker Meridien New York
Ranked #259 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed in Le Parker Meridien in midtown Manhattan with my fiance for a weekend late in 2013. The location is great, the rooms are pretty large, and the decor/accoutrements are all good. But the overall experience was just lacking that something special. No major complaints really, and I would probably stay here again.

Must see: the hidden burger joint (called Burger Joint) hidden in the lobby is unassuming but some of the best burgers in Manhattan.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Jeremy R,

Thanks for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and am happy to read that you would stay with us again. Hopefully next time will have more of an opportunity to better display our "NewYorkSmart" personality!

Have a Good One!

Lisa Tharp
Director of Guest Communciations
guestrelations@parkermeridien.com

Reviewed July 1, 2014

In NYC, stayed at W Hotel on Lexington, not great. After a ridiculous issue on their part- I bailed on them and ended up here.

OMG!! How lucky was I! I have been in so many hotels in the city but I've never been happy enough to A) review or B) return. It's just part of being in NY. Like garbage on the side of the street. You put up with it. I walked in with zero expectations and a chip on my shoulder from the W experience (and they are both Starwood) - I waited a second and was waited by a shiny head Mr Clean: Michael Roman. He took the best care of me!! He found us a great room, made me laugh - with the help from Anandi who stood next to him tapping away and making fun of him. I was renewed.

It's all about the people, your first impression. I gave up on that in NY but found it in this lovely hotel, sparked first by that Michael character, then arriving in our room!! It was large, smartly decorated with a pivoting television separating the bedroom from the living. TWO thermostats in the different spaces as well.

One thing that some people would dislike I'm sure: there is no black out liner in the bedroom.. there's one in the living, really not smart. Who would even think of such a thing? 6am the light is attacking from the tiniest of spaces between the wall and the bottom. Really?

The hotel is close to EVERYTHING. It's in a noisier corridor so get a high floor. Central Park is out the windows of the hallways and the penthouse sports a fantastic pool and wrapping sun deck! What fun! There's a DryBar, old school barber shop, funky burger joint that feels like it was there before they built the hotel around it. A coffee bar that was super chill and kind of european feeling. Room Service was delicious and came quickly. Cannot believe we wasted our time in the W. Honestly.

I will always stay in this hotel when in NYC. Thank you Michael and Anandi..

Room Tip: Higher floor. You can get the ones that face Central Park but they are not as large.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank LowMilesMom
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Our room on the 5th floor in the corner and it was very clean and up to date, pool area could be a touch cleaner but I am picky. I would return in a heartbeat. It would have been nice to have had a cot for the 7 yo but we were told that it would not fit in a corner room (it so would have).

Room Tip: dont worry so much about your room your in NYC. Plus our room was clean and fresh.
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Large room for a Midtown Manhattan hotel and great location near Central Park with theaters and lots of good restaurants within walking distance. Very friendly and efficient staff. Norma's for breakfast is a must. Would stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My daughter and I recently stayed for two nights. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. We were given a large room on a high floor with two comfortable beds, a large closet (which included an umbrella), desk, and a nice view. The hotel is in a GREAT location. It's far enough away from Times Square that you don't get the crazy noise, smells and congestion, but close enough to walk to all of the popular shopping sites and attractions. My only concerns were the very dim lighting in the hallways and an unusually short faucet on the bathroom sink that made it awkward to wash our hands without getting water all over the sink. We had to hold our hands very low in the sink to keep the water from splashing out. Those were minor annoyances compared to everything that was positive about this hotel. I will also add that the best breakfast restaurant (Norma's) is located in Le Parker Meridien. Although it's a bit pricey, the large portions and delicious, fresh ingredients make it worth spending a little more. You will not need lunch after eating breakfast at Norma's.
Check around the internet for hotel pricing. Different travel sites offered quite a different range of nightly rates (over $100 per night more or less). Do your homework when searching for any hotel! Next time we visit NYC, we'll most likely stay again at Le Parker Meridien.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We are New Yorkers and this visit was a special treat for my daughter. From our check-in with Ashley, who was charming and welcoming and absolutely wonderful, to the staff at the spectacular pool, room service, and every other staff person we encountered at the hotel, this was an absolutely perfect choice for us. The park view room was small, but the view was breathtaking. The pool (the primary reason for our visit!) was not crowded at all, except for a few hours in the afternoon. We had the decks to ourselves to sunbathe most of the time. Our rate included room service breakfast and late checkout, what a great deal! Even when we were leaving, instead of waiting -- we were maybe third on line -- the young man who was assisting the reception desk staff in the lobby offered to check us out and email the receipt so we didn't have to wait at all. We're definitely coming back for another special treat!

Room Tip: Definitely spring for the park view!
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This property is vintage 1990. Maybe then the hotel and the rooms looked new and decent but not now. Our family stayed in three rooms during our 5 day stay and one room was worse than the other. They were all tired and worn. The door handle of one of our rooms did not work. You had to lift it backwards to get it to open?! We had to call for maintenance. The carpets are grey, cheap and what we call a three-socker. You need 3 socks to touch it. A distribution warehouse has better carpet, honestly. The a/c unit in our room was leaking and the entire carpet around it was wet and began to smell.

The whole hotel is in dire need of a complete refurbishment. They are clearly cash-cowing it. Maybe the lobby is nice but nothing else. And the entire time only one of three elevators worked. It took 5-10 minutes to get an elevator. Once we had to pass and wait for another one because it was so crowded. And the bell men used the same elevator. It was a farce. And the elevator to the gym was also not working and you had to walk up the 3 flights of stairs.

At $400 a night and a member of starwood, I would have expected a much more. Will never go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business