“Best location, facilities and value”

Le Parker Meridien New York
Ranked #257 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I chose this hotel for its location and price. It delivered on both but on so many other levels too. The location is hard to beat, easy walk to the fifth avenue shops, the buzz and shows of Time Square, the classy eateries around the Lincoln Center and of course the beauty of Central Park. The rooms are very large, especially by New York standards and the amenities which include the pool and sundecks, gym, restaurant, bar and burger joint to name just some. It's not the plushest hotel I've ever stayed at but for the price, I honestly believe it cannot be beaten. I will recommend it to anyone and will be happy to stay there again anytime!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Le Parker Meridien New York

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights recently. It is a great hotel but not true luxury. The lobby is impressive and has a few nice places to eat. The service was fantastic at check in and throughout our stay. The rooms are clean and simple but have almost everything you need. I was very disappointed there is no in room coffee maker or fridge but I guess you can rent them. (not true luxury). The bathroom was fine but will be in line for a remodel soon I'd guess as the shower head is probably from the first installation. Overall a very good stay and we will go back but that's mostly due to the location. It's only a few blocks from central park, times square, Rockefeller centre and shopping on 5th Ave. We didn't use the pool but went up for the view which is spectacular.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Says it all really. Rooms are large and beds very comfortable. Bathrooms a bit dated but serviceable. Location is wonderful, close to everything. The staff were very friendly and helpful and we throughly enjoyed our stay here. Have a buger in the tiny closet of a burger bar in the lobby. Expensive but good fun. Breakfast is a must once at Norma's, expensive but portions are huge and the waiting staff very welcoming and take the time to clarify any questions you may have. The swimming pool on the roof has great views and a sun deck if it is warm outside. All in all a very good hotel and would recommend it if you can afford it.

We used Strusser's limos from and to JFK airport. EXCELLENT service!

Room Tip: Try to get Central Park view on a high floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Snatched a great deal, after a budget hotel I wanted to be pampered.
The room became so spacious since my last stay (2010), leaving enough space so you could feel at home.
Location is almost unbeatable, close to anything, the view from the city (if you are lucky enough to be on a high floor), comfy bed, even the elevators works fine (with a small tv so you don't have to stare strangers).
Oh, and Burger Joint is just steps aways from the elevator, I couldn't resist...

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed in a jr. suite to celebrate a special occassion and we really need to thank Claudia the conceirge and Paul at Norma's who went above & beyond to make us feel special despite the busy holiday weekend.

I was also able to get an appointment at the Drybar and Nicole did a great blowout! What a fantastic way to get some pampering just an elevator ride away from our room.

There's a reason this hotel is our absolute favorite and we keep coming back...

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We went to the City to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday and chose to stay at le Parker Meredien for two nights. Having stayed here before, we knew we were in for a treat! This time we brought our girls with us. We booked a junior suite, which was just perfect for us. The room was clean and spacious. I loved the decor and bathroom amenities. The room was bright and modern. Perfect for our tastes. The location of the hotel is spectacular, as are the views from the hotel (our room was on the 35th floor) and from the rooftop pool and sundeck area. Also, the staff is what makes this property pretty special to us. We were treated wonderfully, and the staff was courteous and professional throughout our stay. They truly made us feel like valued guests, which makes us want to return again in the future. Until then, I would definitely recommend Le Parker Meredien to anyone looking for a great place to stay in NYC.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bestmomever
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed for 5 nights in May over the Memorial weekend.
I cannot fault the hotel. Very good location.
I made use of the pool and the gym. The pool is on the 42nd floor offering views over the neighbouring buildings.
Rooms are large, we were on 20the floor, very peaceful.
I would easily recommend this hotel if staying in NY

Room Tip: The highest floors are best
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple