“Very happy with return stay....”
Review of Parker New York

Parker New York
Ranked #273 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

This is our second stay at LPM. This time we brought our 13 year old son who loved the bustling big-city vibe of the hotel. This hotel is in a great location and the room had lots of room for the three of us. We paid $199 night which I thought was very good. 13 year old loved the burgers and wanted to get to pool which has a great view but we were unable to as we were too busy seeing the city!

Stayed: July 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (5,736)

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed here with our two kids for 5 nights. We had a pretty roomy junior suite. This hotel is right down the street from Carnegie Hall and close to 5th avenue shopping, Rockefeller Center and Central Park. There is a subway station just around the corner for the Q, N and R trains, which will take you to Times Square, the Union Square, etc. The kids enjoyed watching Tom & Jerry cartoons in the high-speed elevators. There is an excellent workout facility on the lower level and a pool on the top floor. It was a great hotel for us. I don't have a single complaint.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Regular visitor to this hotel but this will probably be my last stay. Convenient gym and great burgers and friendly service. However, rooms very dated with broken minibar in the room and very slow response to fix it. Charging USD 15 per device and day for internet is a total rip off when their peers provide it for free, especially when paying USD 340 per night and a USD 10 facility fee on top of that ... All in all expensive for what you get and compared to the comparable options.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Parker New York, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear JakobBengt,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I believe there's been a misunderstanding regarding our internet pricing. Our $10 per day facility fee includes internet access for an unlimited number of devices; we do not charge guests separate facility and internet fees. When signing on to the network, there is an option for non-guests of the hotel to purchase a 24 hour WiFi pass for a fee; perhaps you selected this option in error? If that is the case, please contact me and I will be happy to have the erroneous charges refunded to you.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed here while attending a wedding in the city. I have to say, I was completely blown away from the modern design, elegant lobby and comfort of the Hotel. The pool, fitness center and spa were all fantastic, and the Hotel's location was excellent as well - a very short walk from Central Park. The breakfast was truly amazing as well, and the staff was courteous and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I used to "live" at this hotel, as I work in Manhattan frequently. It used to be such an amazing hotel, and the staff were like family. In recent years, and I'm guessing its management/ownership changes...well it's just become awful, overpriced, pretentious, rude and downright disappointing.

I'd love nothing more than to give the good old parker a great stamp of approval, but I can honestly say I will never go back to this hotel again. There are so many better options available.

Room Tip: If you do stay, pick a parkview king...it's the only way to really experience the hotel and get...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank hellofrontdesk

Dear hellofrontdesk,

I'm very sorry to read that you no longer wish to stay with us. I can assure you that we haven't undergone any management or ownership changes and a good majority of our employees have worked here for years. If there are any problems that you've experienced while staying here that you would like to discuss, I would be happy to hear from you. We are always looking for ways to improve, so any feedback you can provide would be most appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

When I go to New York, I stay at Le Parker almost every time because the hotel is situated in mid town which is a great location with close proximity to 5th Avenue. If you love shopping in NY, you should consider this hotel. Since I am a platinum SPG member, I also receive upgrade some time and this time, I was lucky as the hotel gave me an upgrade room at very high floor. So it was relatively quiet.
However, I must stress that the staffs are not very helpful especially the door men. They talked to people and played with the mobile phone. Even I stood in front of them and asked for help, they just ignored me. When I had difficulty to move my luggage out of the entrance, they saw me and offered NO ASSISTANCE! Terrible!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Parker New York, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear FrequentT-AD C,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. I'm glad to read that you enjoy the hotel and its location, but am sorry to see that you were disappointed by our bell staff team. I was very surprised by your comments as we pride ourselves on our friendly and efficient service. I will definitely share your feedback with our Bell Captain. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can make it up to you on your next stay.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My fiance and I loved staying here. It was a glamorous hotel to stay in, and room was very comfortable. Plenty of towels, great bath products from spa in basement of the building. Also a DryBar on site for hair blowouts!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn C

Dear Julianat3,

I'm so glad that you and your fiance enjoyed your stay with us! Having DryBar in our Underground is definitely convenient when you want to hit the town looking your best! Next time be sure to check out tenoverten, our luxury nail salon, located right next to DryBar.

We look forward to seeing you both here again very soon!