“A great stay right in the heart of the City” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Parker Meridien New York

Le Parker Meridien New York
Ranked #247 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Salem, Massachusetts
“A great stay right in the heart of the City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed here while attending a wedding in the city. I have to say, I was completely blown away from the modern design, elegant lobby and comfort of the Hotel. The pool, fitness center and spa were all fantastic, and the Hotel's location was excellent as well - a very short walk from Central Park. The breakfast was truly amazing as well, and the staff was courteous and friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Queensbury, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

I used to "live" at this hotel, as I work in Manhattan frequently. It used to be such an amazing hotel, and the staff were like family. In recent years, and I'm guessing its management/ownership changes...well it's just become awful, overpriced, pretentious, rude and downright disappointing.

I'd love nothing more than to give the good old parker a great stamp of approval, but I can honestly say I will never go back to this hotel again. There are so many better options available.

Room Tip: If you do stay, pick a parkview king...it's the only way to really experience the hotel and get...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank hellofrontdesk
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear hellofrontdesk,

I'm very sorry to read that you no longer wish to stay with us. I can assure you that we haven't undergone any management or ownership changes and a good majority of our employees have worked here for years. If there are any problems that you've experienced while staying here that you would like to discuss, I would be happy to hear from you. We are always looking for ways to improve, so any feedback you can provide would be most appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you.

guestrelations@parkermeridien.com
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

When I go to New York, I stay at Le Parker almost every time because the hotel is situated in mid town which is a great location with close proximity to 5th Avenue. If you love shopping in NY, you should consider this hotel. Since I am a platinum SPG member, I also receive upgrade some time and this time, I was lucky as the hotel gave me an upgrade room at very high floor. So it was relatively quiet.
However, I must stress that the staffs are not very helpful especially the door men. They talked to people and played with the mobile phone. Even I stood in front of them and asked for help, they just ignored me. When I had difficulty to move my luggage out of the entrance, they saw me and offered NO ASSISTANCE! Terrible!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear FrequentT-AD C,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. I'm glad to read that you enjoy the hotel and its location, but am sorry to see that you were disappointed by our bell staff team. I was very surprised by your comments as we pride ourselves on our friendly and efficient service. I will definitely share your feedback with our Bell Captain. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can make it up to you on your next stay.

guestrelations@parkermeridien.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

My fiance and I loved staying here. It was a glamorous hotel to stay in, and room was very comfortable. Plenty of towels, great bath products from spa in basement of the building. Also a DryBar on site for hair blowouts!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julianat3
Dear Julianat3,

I'm so glad that you and your fiance enjoyed your stay with us! Having DryBar in our Underground is definitely convenient when you want to hit the town looking your best! Next time be sure to check out tenoverten, our luxury nail salon, located right next to DryBar.

We look forward to seeing you both here again very soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Traveling for pleasure was made more pleasurable staying at the Parker Meridien. Staff @ check-in pleasant, burger joint very good, Norma's amazing and evening libations @Knave outstanding! Walk to so much NYC has to offer. Pool on roof AMAZING view. Rooms are very acceptable. A good value.

Room Tip: Don't miss a burger behind the curtain wall.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear redman33,

Thanks very much for the nice review. I'm glad we were able to add to your NYC experience! We hope you visit us and our fabulous city again sometime soon!

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Excellent hotel, in a great location. The Norma restaurant is well over-rated, serving huge portion of very unhealthy food. Norma doesn't know we are already in 2014 and has no health-conscious items on the menu. If you have any special dietary requirements, such as gluten free meals, forget Norma or the hotel hamburger place -- they don't carry any gluten-free breads, bans or pastries, and according to the restaurant manger -- it's due to their liability concerns. Too bad this place is run by the lawyer and not by someone who thinks about the customer and the service

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Amazing views, wonderful breakfast, pool is kid friendly. With a great spot for hair and nails on property it was a perfect place to stay for a local event. they also have the burger restaurant which is fun and delicious. Only negative is the noise - but to be expected from a city hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Traveltheworldforfood
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Traveltheworldforfood,

I'm so glad to read that you and your family enjoyed your time with us! The pool is a really great backup option for when the weather has you cooped up inside.
I'm sorry that things weren't as quiet as you'd have liked. NYC is many things, but quiet is not one of them! Nonetheless, guests that like things extra peaceful usually love our higher-floor rooms as they're further away from the street. Just sure to book a Tower room and you're set.

We look forward to your next visit!