“Worth Returning”

Le Parker Meridien New York
Ranked #260 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We've stayed at this hotel several times and find it conveniently located. The staff is highly professional, knowledgeable and eager to be helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable with a modern decor. A great breakfast restaurant, gym, pool and bar are convenient amenities but you can walk to 5th Ave, Rockefeller Center, MOMA and other attractions as well. Reasonably priced for New York, too. My only wish is that there was an in-room coffee maker.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank DiningDiva76
Write a ReviewReviews (5,656)

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was in NYC planning to leave when the 8" snow hit. The Meridian put me up and took care of me, and I am so grateful. A lot of little hitches (safe didn't work, couldn't get the heat to turn off (maybe I should have been grateful in the polar vortex), no housekeeping the 2nd night. But the took me in and gave me a bed and a for that I will be eternally grateful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed here one night in January and got a great rate - especially being near Central Park. The hotel is right near Carnegie Hall and a little over a block away from Central Park. Walking in the space is beautiful. Really large and unexpected in NYC. Our room was definitely larger than I expected - we were on a higher floor which I think really helped. We went to the concierge to ask for dinner recommendations on a Saturday night without having a clue what we wanted to eat - Juan helped us find some place nearby with amazing food and got us reservations. Wonderful recommendation for a small intimate restaurant! Everyone there was very helpful and it was a great stay. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was stuck in NY because of the snow storm in January and I managed to find a room at Le Parker Meridien at the last minute. This is a great hotel. Spacious room, very comfortable bed, perfect location, etc. I only gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because I had a very noisy heating system in my room. I don't know why the heating system is so noisy but it is certainly an issue that should be taken care of. I also felt that the bathroom would have been better off with a walk-in shower instead of the usual NY bathtub. What's with bathtub only in NY!? However this was one of the best bathrooms I had in NY so far. And I absolutely loved the Moonshine bergamot skin products, wish I could buy those! Also to report the Burger Joint is just the perfect place for a quick bite or a take away!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Everything in this hotel just works. It has all the mod cons in an understated and classy fashion. It's located in midtown near Central Park.

The lobby is amazing and the rooms are large for ny standards. Great hotel in an amazing city!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear Zoukie,

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel! Don't be a stranger!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I gave the place 4 stars even though there were a few small glitches because they were taken care of immediately and the staff was very apologetic. Other than that our room was large and well appointed and very clean. The staff was friendly and welcoming at check-in and the lobby was spacious with free wifi. Even with the glitches I would have given the place 5 stars but for the fact that it says free wifi in the rooms then I was told I was being charged $10 per day for services that include the pool, gym, and wifi. Upon logging into the "free" wifi I was greeted with a page that told me I could pay extra for wifi at a decent speed. I kept the free, slow...sometimes very slow wifi. All that being said it was still a great place to stay in a perfect area near everything whether walking or going by subway. I'm thinking the rooms go for a lot more than I paid as I booked them through an airline package. Video screens in the elevators play Tom & Jerry cartoons during the day and old jazz concerts in the evening.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear gary91214,

I'm so glad to read that you had a great stay and am happy that the small glitches you experienced were taken care of quickly. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you here next time.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

The staff are helpful and polite. The rooms are spacious, attractive and the most comfortable bed I have slept in. The location is perfect and away from the noise of Times Square with only a short walk. The best part of 5th Avenue shopping is just along the road. As for Norma's ... no words can describe the amazing breakfast dishes WOW!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Melanie L

Dear Melanie L,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! I sincerely appreciate your recommendation and am very happy that you enjoyed your time with us.

I hope we'll see you again sometime soon!