Aside from St. Regis (obvious, but unreachable for most of us), methinks that Le Meridien might be my favorite Starwood brand. It's smart, sexy and a lot of bang for your buck. This particular LM isn't as "in line" with brand standards as others around the world, but it's fabulous nonetheless.
Our stay was on points, and for a very special occasion. We were upgraded to Junior Suites and had some wonderful welcome amenities compliments of the incredible and world-class folks at Starwood Social Media. For your further consideration:
- Unbeatable location in NYC -- really accessible to any and everything you'd want as a visitor or even biz traveler. As a NYC resident for 5 years, I'd pick this location or Union Square as top "neighborhoods" to stay in when visiting.
- Beautiful property. Elegant but still with a touch of modern oomph. Chic but not so much so that you gag. Not as outdated, in my opinion, as some of the other reviews suggest.
- The elevators are awful. I mean really, really they awful like Santa getting a parking ticket on Christmas Eve. On three occasions I waited for more than ten minutes to get a car.
- The junior suites are rather fabulous. So spacious - plenty of room for a family of four. Awesome TV stand that turns to living area and bed. Lots of space for the business traveler. Herman Miller Aeron office chair. Great toiletries and walk in shower.
- Burger Joint (in hotel lobby) is one of better burgers in NYC. You CAN charge to your room. Prepare to stand in line and order via their specific system or they'll kick you to the back of line (think "Soup Nazi").
- Cool lobby bar - very Moorish feeling. Usually crowded.
- We needed toothpaste. They wanted to charge $10. I don't think so.
I have glanced at rates. They're reasonable for this grade of a hotel and location. Try as hard as you can for a room as high as possible facing the Park (north).
For SPG Platinum folks reading this -- not much recognition. I had to ask for my amenity.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Le Parker Meridien New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Parker Meridien Hotel New York City
- Meridien New York City
- Meridien Le Parker
- Le Parker Meridian