“Great Service, Fantastic Location!!!”
Review of Parker New York

Parker New York
Ranked #267 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Got a great deal with Porter Air Package for a girls weekend in New York! We will definitely be booking our next stay with Le Parker Meridien when we book our now annual girls weekend away! Service was amazing, Staff was attentive, friendly and entertaining! We were so close to everything, just blocks away from Central Park, Times Square and the ever important " American Girl" Store. Breakfast was at Starbucks, unfortunately we didn't get a chance to enjoy the Hotels renowned breakfast or the Famous Burger Joint! But we will next time!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (5,700)

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I hardly know where to begin! Several members of my family traveled to NYC at the end of June to attend our nephew's beautiful wedding in Central Park. Although he lives in the UWS and some wedding guests chose to stay more in his vicinity, after reading many reviews, my brother and I chose to stay at the Le Parker Meridian. (He is a Starwoods member so we decided to at least start looking at a Starwoods hotel first, but we were not tied to only looking for a SPG hotel.) We decided that the location of the Parker would be perfect to get around NYC, both as a tourist, and it would also be a short taxi ride to all of the wedding festivities.
After reading a few of the reviews, my expectations were that it would be a nice hotel but I wasn't expecting too much out of the ordinary. Well....from the moment we arrived, we were nothing but beyond delighted! We loved the wonderful historic, elegant atmosphere of the large lobby and the updated, very clean, sleek feel of the quite ample sized rooms. (And seeing the adorable well mannered dogs in the lobby being welcomed as guests put a smile on my face too!) The view from our rooms of Central Park and the city was nothing short of breathtaking both by day and night! Our check in was warm, friendly and very smooth and our sweet bellman made us feel so welcome! Upon hearing our discussion about if the lines might be too long for us to try their famous hamburger joint.....he quickly suggested that as a guest of the hotel, we could bypass the long lines and order ahead and have our meal waiting for us or we could pick it up as carryout and eat in our lovely, spacious rooms! What a wonderful perk.....it made me feel sorry for those who weren't guests who were waiting in the long line just to eat a delicious burger! The pool is really great and the views from up there are just simply stunning. Go up and sit at the pool even if you don't want to swim and just take advantage of the views from every direction. We didn't really have time to take advantage of the fabulous work out facilities but after a quick tour we were very impressed! (Next time my grand daughter and I will certainly go to the neat "blow out bar" down by the gym and have our hair done!)
On the first morning of our stay, my brother offered to walk directly across the street to Starbucks to pick up coffee and pastries for the rest of us. He returned with all of the orders wrong and commented that it was busier than a train station and it was no wonder they couldn't keep the orders straight! It was not until the next morning as we were walking through the hotel to head back over to Starbucks that we discovered yet another gem at the Parker! What is a bar by afternoon and night is a beautifully appointed, historic, jewel of a room that serves as a coffee shop in the morning! We sat down and had one of the best cups of coffee we had ever had! Not to mention the freshly baked croissant with marmalade and butter served by a sweet waitress who was very accommodating, despite the fact that she was very busy. I was mad that we hadn't discovered this place the very first morning! As well as enjoying the coffee and croissants in the mornings, I had a sweet memory with my twelve year grand daughter there too. One afternoon after shopping, we went in there and had afternoon tea together! It was just a great "first NYC trip together" memory to have afternoon tea and little cookies with my grand daughter and she loved it too.
I could go on and on.....but suffice it to say....The Parker is now my "go to" NYC place to stay! (And I'm afraid I've spoiled my grand daughter on this place as well!) I've stayed in some very posh hotels and I've also had my share of nice but very ordinary hotels....but I always look for those little "intangibles" in a hotel..... something that makes my stay memorable. Well....The Parker has many of those "intangibles"!
And I cannot close my review without bragging on the ever helpful Miss Lisa, the director of guest relations. When I had a last minute change of plans and needed to accommodate an extra guest while still staying near my brother's room...she went above and beyond to help me out....even though she is busy and that was not really her responsibility!
As one who is blessed to constantly enjoy southern hospitality...I have to admit that this French jewel of a hotel, in the heart of NYC, gives even "southern hospitality" some truly stiff competition! :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Excellent hotel, great location, excellent staff and great restaurants. Room space is enought for a Manhattan hotel. I got my room early and been upgraded to a park view room in the highest floor. Breakfast was excellent in the restaurant, but a bit pricey.

Room Tip: Higher rooms with Park view are great
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We took our 6 year old grandchild to NYC for her first trip and could not have had a better hotel experience. Our connecting rooms had incredible views of Central Park and the location of the hotel was perfect for everything, 5th Avenue shopping, Central Park, Shows at Times Square, subway stations, quick grabs at nearby drugstore or delis. Every person who worked for the hotel was friendly, pleasant, helpful, accommodating--the concierge spotted us in a busy lobby and raced thru the crowd to hand deliver our printed tickets for a tour. We took advantage of the swimming pool, Norma's, the burger joint, room service, and the drybar hair salon! We can't wait to re-book Le Parker Meridien for our next visit!

Room Tip: The 19th floor connecting rooms facing Central Park were quiet and had amazing views!
Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here 2 weekend nights in a junior suite with my husband and adult daughter. Price was steep but in line with Manhattan hotel market. The junior suite was spacious enough for us also to accommodate my son and his girlfriend for visiting and a breakfast of bagels in the room. The service was impeccable. My husband called for the free shoeshine and someone came within 3 minutes to pick up his shoes. My daughter forgot her toothbrush and someone came within 2 minutes with a toothbrush. The staff was attentive, and we were not charged extra for the third person. The location is very close to many sights, theaters, Central Park, and Times Square. In the same block are 2 Starbucks and a large grocery store. The breakfast at Norma's was fantastic, but the price was $200 for 5! We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Junior suite accomodates 3 well.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I love this hotel. I host client events here, and travel to it for both business/pleasure time too.
The service is really exceptional. I never have had a problem.. They are very attentive to their guests, and meet requests very quickly, even though they are a large hotel. The service is very personalized and focused.
The gym is also great, which is very important to me.
I was also here during Hurricane Sandy and before the hotel was unfortunately evactuate, they were amazingly organized and implemented various client-cnetric plans to ensure guests would be taken care of. They were really terrific. Everyone from the President to the amazing bellman who loaded me up and found me a cab just before the storm hit when they announced evacuation would be mandatory. AMAZING SERVICE!

Room Tip: The junior suites are very spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Arrived 3:30 pm (check-in 3 pm) - was promised connecting rooms - they were not available. Then had to wait until 5:30 pm to get into rooms. Rooms reeked of cigarette smoke (non-smoking floor), hotel sent security to investigate, but never solved the odor problem. There were only two elevators working, so it took 20 minutes in overcrowded, hot elevators to go back and forth to room. Can't believe the ratings this hotel gets, avoid...

1  Thank DCM068