“My Hotel”
Review of Parker New York

Parker New York
Ranked #273 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Exceptionally warm and friendly staff. All were courteous and helpful.
I enjoyed my stay. It was convenient to everything. Ok, it was a little pricey but I guess that's New York.
Would I stay again? You bet!

Room Tip: Was my first time. I faced construction but it didn't matter. My room was quiet, clean and condu...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank veronica j
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Parker New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear veronica j,

Thanks for your visit and the review. We can't wait to welcome you HOME again soon. Feel free to reach out to me if I can help in any way :) It's always good to "know someone" in the hotel.

Have a Good One!

guestrelations@parkermeridien.com

Write a ReviewReviews (5,736)

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We received excellent service from everyone we came in contact with at the hotel during our recent stay. The Parker Meridien is outstanding when it comes to knowing what people would like. The Burger Joint, the quiet espresso bar, the amazing pool with some of the best views of the city, Norma's outstanding breakfast and room upgrades for SPG members initiated by the desk. (you didn't even have to ask).
The rooms have a minimalist style which lack a feeling of luxuriousness, but the size of the room and the view of the park made up for the design.
The location is superb for being close to and being able to walk to Central Park, Lincoln Center, theatre district and fifth ave shopping.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a fun weekend at the NYC Parker. It was in a great location (literally on the same block as Carnegie Hall) for our trip because we were seeing several shows. It was about a 15 minute walk to Broadway/Times Square and about 10-15 minutes to many of the Off Broadway Theaters (like 59e59 Theaters). The rooms were quiet (we stayed in 1502) and I enjoyed the free yoga class in the gym. It was also just 3 blocks from Central Park so my hubby could go for runs.

In addition, it was convienently located a block away from the R/N and F trains if you needed to go farther, and the E train if you were coming in from JFK/AirTran.

The concierge was very helpful securing us very last minute dinner reservations after one of our shows on a Friday night - not an easy task in NYC.

The rooms were larger than the average NYC hotel room, although the bathroom was small (but the fluffy towels made up for that).

Just note that if you have ever stayed at the Palm Springs Parker, the NYC Parker is nothing like it in terms of decor, cheekiness or spaciousness.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I would highly recommend the hotel, the internet was a bit slow but otherwise, I would definitely stay again. It was great shopping in the area, restaurants were close and able to walk to other 5 start hotels.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2013

As an alum, USMA West Point, went East for weekend with classmates/family. Hotel experience was worst than the worst in Saigon during the war. Plumbing either did not work, or flooded room. Clothes, shoes, etc. drenched as if in monsoon. Hotel staff, rude, dysfunctional, beyond inept. Hotel management oblivious to need to provide even the most rudimentary services, such as clean room, make bed, suck-up flood water, apologize, make restitution. AVOID.

3  Thank Ronald G

Dear Ronald G,

I am saddened to read this account of your stay. We always work diligently to rectify a concern as well as provided appropriate compensation. Please contact me to discuss further, it is important to us that we repair the damage created by this impression. I can be reached at guestrelations@parkermeridien.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Parker Meridien is a fantastic property with some stellar views of Central Park. Some rooms that are billed as Park View are not quite (they have a tiny sliver of a view of the park), but others that are located more central to the floor and those on higher levels have phenomenal views.

The staff are friendly and helpful, and when things go poorly they will go out of their way to make things right - which is one of the best qualities a hotel can have. The coffee at Knave is quite tasty - and the atmosphere is pretty neat. The food at Norma's is very tasty, if a bit pricy. The portions are large, though, so unlike some New York eateries - you do get your money's worth.

Gravity - the on-site gym is well equipped and very nicely done. The staff are helpful and friendly, and the weekday group classes (open to hotel guests) are a step beyond what I've seen at other hotels.

While I did not eat there, the long lines at Burger Joint (a hidden gem behind a curtain in the lobby) seem to indicate that it knows a thing or two about making great burgers. It's cash only, though, so don't try paying with credit.

The location was fantastic. It's easy walking distance to great (if crowded) shopping at 5th Ave, a slightly longer walk to Times Square, a block away from Central Park and has easy access to various subway lines. Getting a cab was dead simple as well.

Room Tip: Park View rooms in the Tower Section are great - but make sure it's close to the middle of the f...
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here this weekend, for a family event. Wonderful service & hospitality, from the doormen to the front desk, housekeeping, cafe, and hair salon (they wash and blow dry hair). Everyone was very friendly! The hotel is in a great location, just 2 or 3 blocks from a nice area of Central Park. We took a stroll in the park this morning. It's also 2 or 3 blocks from the famous Carnegie Deli. There are plenty of restaurants in the area. The elevators have flat screens in them and they have cartoons and videos of musicians playing jazz from the 1940's and 1950's. The rooms are great. We happened to get a deal. One of our family members saw a one-day deal (1 or 2 months ago). The non-refundable suites were half price! We stayed at this hotel 6 years ago and paid double what we paid this weekend! The lobby is wonderful. They have a coffee shop called Knave, where you can get food and coffee day and night. It's a long "hallway" (you can leave the building at the end of it). It has long tables with big chairs and sofas. The people working there are friendly, too. They also have a barber shop on the lobby floor. Downstairs they have a place called the Dry Bar. You can get a shampoo and blow dry. They offer free coffee or anything else you want to drink at the Dry Bar. Very friendly and also very talented people working there! They also have a gym downstairs. One of my relatives used it. I didn't see it, but he said it had everything in there. This was a perfect family get-together weekend; part of the reason was because everyone working in this hotel was friendly and happy. Good Vibes! This hotel is expensive, but you can find good deals that makes it reasonable. One more thing: The rooms were quiet. I never heard any noise outside my door or window.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Parker New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Shiwrites,

Thank you for the review and your family's visit! We look forward to welcoming you all back soon. If I can be of assistance at any point, just let me know.

Have a Good One!