“Great location and ambience.”

Le Parker Meridien New York
Ranked #258 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great location and ambience.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I had a great time with a friend of mine at this hotel. The lobby bar is quiet and beautifully decorated. The same bar serves good coffee and small breakfast items in the morning. The burger joint inside the hotel is legendary and you should try it. I even met a celebrity playwright while eating there and sharing a table! The location cannot be beat if you want to stay between theatre to your south and high end shopping to your north.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed over New Year with my husband and 2 daughters.
We stayed in a junior suite which worked well for us, I was a bit worried after reading about small hotel rooms in New York but we had plenty of space. It had a big double bed area and separate seating area with bed setee a big TV which could be turned to watch form bedroom or seating area. There is no kettle in room, which I found out before I left and took a travel kettle which was very useful.
The bathroom was large with big shower, but no bath which I was disappointed about initially, but overall did not spoil our stay as we made good use of swimming pool, which was most welcome after a day shopping. The pool is small, warm and is covered on rooftop with good views.

The concierge were extremely helpful, helping us decide and book several outings.
The hotel is very close to central park,not far to Times Square, shops ect, that we did not need to bother with subway pass. Plenty of eateries close by and we did enjoy our burger from downstairs.

I would recommend and stay again, I don't rate 5/5 lightly when comparing it to hotels elsewhere I would expect a bath tub and complimentary hot drinks, and maybe more lifts as you often had wait a while during busy times but I gather this is usual for New York city hotels.

1 Thank rolomax
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Absolutely stunning, classy interior lobby....the friendliest Front Desk staff, totally aiming to please....modern calm rooms...insane views of Central Park. Can you tell I fell in love with this place? Add in the premier location and ridiculously reasonable room rate, Chaplin B&W movies playing in the elevator and a strong selection of French whites by the glass in,the lobby bar...my only regret is not styi longer! I am totally going back.

Room Tip: Ask for the Towers, for a room with a view of Central Park.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New Albany, Ohio
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I just returned from a 2 night stay at the hotel for a conference in town and was pleasantly surprised by the experience... The surprise came when I realized my travel agent only booked me for a 1 night stay and I needed 2! I explained to the hotel reservations team and they unfortunately had no more rooms available because of the conference in town. They ended up finding a new room and giving me an upgrade! Always appreciated... I have stayed here several times over the past ten years and have always found it to be a very enjoyable experience... Thanks again!

Room Tip: Try and get one of the higher rooms, above the 25th floor (I think that's the cut off)... You co...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The room - suite - facing Central Park was fabulous - spacious and what a view! The pool was terrific for the kids. Liked that it was one floor up from the room. The fitness center was just right for Mom and Dad. Centrally located hotel made it easy to walk over to Time Warner Center for Sunday lunch. Loved being able to order Norma's French Toast off of the room service menu. Great weekend overall. Only downside - got a parking ticket for misreading overnight sign across from the hotel - will be more careful the next time!

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed January 22, 2013

All the staff we met were wonderful to us. Check in and out was easy. The roof top pool is amazing, warm water and beautiful views. Pool attendant was courtious and helpfull. Good location.
No microwave or fridge in room but we were very suprised that not even a coffee pot was supplied. If you like brown decor this is the brown decor champion of hotels. brown carpet, brown walpaper, lampshades, furniture everything is brown. and "tired" looking. All in all I would return not for the decor but because of the staff, everyone was friendly, pleasant and good at what they do.

Le Parker Meridien

Le Parker Meridien

MN
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

My group stayed at Le Parker Meridien for a recent event in NYC. The lobby is classy, with marble counters and Mac laptops visible behind on stands; very James Bond...The desk staff, concierge and random employee: uniformly polite, helpful and friendly. Mirrors in the lobby area do a nice job of turning a relatively small space into a much larger, classy one; especially in the adjoining bar (which goes through to 57th street - so you can handily access this hotel lobby from either side).
The room we had was on the smallish side, but laid out so as to be as 'large' as possible; well-designed. Love the thick cottony towels and the large close-up mirror in the bathroom, and the open 'closet' area! My only (minor) complaints would be that the room does not get DARK-dark; there is still a good deal of ambient light coming in from the city street even when the shade is drawn, and that the bed covering is put on so tight that it is difficult, once you're in bed, to loosen the covers enough to pull them up over you. The water pressure in the shower was not great; ample water but plopping down rather than spraying. Alas, minor concerns.
I'm not a fan of the expensive hotel mini-bar; which always seems to have the "WE ARE WATCHING YOU DO NOT USE THIS AS A REFRIGERATOR!" sign. De-classes a classy hotel. Nix the $100 per night 'hold' on my credit card and let me go down to the lobby and buy myself a soda instead!! Or call up room service. (But I suppose the credit card hold is going to happen irregardless of where you stay and whether there's a minibar or not...)
A delightful, and unexpected, find was the 'Burger Joint', a cheap, rustic and delicious venue accessed through a narrow hall off the main lobby. The 'ying' to the mirrored bar's 'yang', the Burger Joint is cheap and delicious. And if you don't care if your wine comes out of a box (glass for $5.50), it's a whole lot cheaper than the bar (glass for $18.00). OK, don't freak out wine people - I enjoy a really good wine as much as the next guy, but sometimes I just don't care! Made my wallet happy.
NORMA's, the hotel's restaurant, has a reputation as a great place to eat. We breakfasted there one morning, and I can see how they got it. My colleague had a vegetable omelette, which was amazing - shredded fresh vegetables, lovely heirloom baby potatoes, roasted whole; and bread that was same-day fresh toasted with a variety of toppings. My 'smaller' entree was homemade granola (to die for!) with a generous helping of fresh fruit; to which I applied some milk and had a thoroughly delicious experience. Both of us had enough extra to take with; the Norma's staff outfitted us with reusable heavy plastic cartons, some to-go silverware, and a compact carrying bag for the whole thing. The skills and creativity of the chef and kitchen staff were evident not only in our meal, but also in the menu offerings. I will make a point of dining at Norma's on my next visit to NYC.
I would certainly choose Le Parker Meridien again; all things equal. The doorman can get you a taxi in .02 seconds, the location is wonderful, and the hotel is just a half-block from the blue subway line and about a block from the red - allowing you to get almost anywhere very easily. About 3 short-way blocks to Central Park, and in the same block as Carnegie Hall. Most definitely a pleasant stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business