“My Favorite Place”

Le Parker Meridien New York
Ranked #257 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We love the junior suite and the movable tv. It was also nice to have a dining table and chairs when we brought in snacks or coffee from Starbuck's right across the street. Staff is very helpful and knows the best way to get anyplace in NY. We got some good tips on walking trips. Can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Junior suites a large and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

You are our favorite too BabsyVA!

Thank you for your stay and the great review. We look forward to welcoming you back asap.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I almost had to look for a different hotel for my upcoming NYC trip and it was an awful feeling. I have stayed in so many Manhattan hotels but this is my favorite. If you can get a room overlooking Central Park... it is a breathtaking way to start your morning. The fitness room is phenomenal though I don't like that I have to pay extra for it. The only complaint I had was the wireless internet was spotty, but they told me after my issues they were going to revamp their whole system. The service is excellent and housekeeping is fast and accommodatingly proactive. Its the little service details that make this hotel extraordinary. The rooms are fresh and clean and it is always peaceful and quiet.
They have a "world famous" burger joint in the hotel that is the size of a walk-in closet, and sometimes the lines midday run through the lobby. I tried the burger and it was... a burger.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear Bookgirl60805,

Thanks as always for your visit. Sorry we gave you a scare! Glad you were able to join us after all. Need assistance in the future? Just email me. I'm happy to see if I can help.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

love the Le Parker Meridian ~ Crisp, Polished, Refined Chic Elegance with a Fun Flair! Service is the best and all the little things are fully lined up for each guest. I particulary like the large rooms with cozy and plush linens. The Gravity fitness center proivdes a top-notch workout facility right in the hotel and offers a variety of great group exercise classes. I particulary love the morning spin class! Great location - close to the N and R lines and a quick ride to downtown. Starbucks across the street is convenient as well. And above all ~ right at Central Park. Love this place and stay here whenever i am in NYC.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear a r,

Working girls deserve luxury, too! We're thrilled you have enjoyed your visits. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

guestrelations@parkermeridien.com

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I am writing this from my room in le parker meridien, because i have been up For several hours listening to The neighboring room. While i am frustrated with their schedule and noise, i realised early on that they are having normal conversations at odd times off the night. The walls are so thin it is as if they are in my room.
The hotel has a thin veneer of modern decor, but you will see through it quickly. Banged up walls, cheap furniture ...and worst, from a safety perspective an incomplete evac plan on the back of the door...while its clean and The staff have been friendly i am going back to The kimpton chain.

• Stayed: August 2012
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Clogini,

Thank you for your review. I wish we had known of your concerns while you were still with us. Our non-connecting rooms have excellent soundproofing. Had we known of your concerns we would have moved your room or addressed the noise level of the guest in the connecting room. Please accept my apologies for the disturbance. I've updated your profile here at the hotel to ensure you do have have a connecting room for a future visit.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed here with some family members for a family get together for one evening. The room was not ready when we arrived at 11 am but we were able to check in by 2pm. It is in a great location. We were able to walk to Time Square etc. There was not a coffee maker in the room but there is a Starbucks across the street. I did not find the staff overly friendly but the room was clean. Some family members ate at the Burger Place and loved it. I was surprised that all the leather chairs in the lobby were peeling. I would think a hotel of this caliber would replace or fix them. Over all it was a nice stay ...clean room....excellent location.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MiBre
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear MiBre,

Thank you for your visit and the great review. You comments are well timed. For now the leather chairs have left the lobby as we prepare for the next transformation to our central lobby. It will be a dramatic change... don't want to spoil the surprise but on your next visit you will likely find the lobby quite different than your last stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights while we were in the city for a wedding. I booked the hotel through Jetsetter for under $250/night. We had a corner room 1227 which didn't have a view but was more spacious that expected. At 300+ square feet it was definitely more space than we've had at comparable hotels in NYC. We didn't hear any of the construction noise that some others have complained about.

Amenities were basic, bed was average, peter thomas roth bath products were a plus. They hold $100/night for incidentals so I ordered room service one morning - ended up being $30 for just a bread basket. Having the dry bar located in hotel was really convenient since I wanted to get my hair done before the wedding (and honestly this is mostly why we booked at this hotel in particular) - my blow out was perfect.

The staff were helpful and efficient but not particularly friendly. They were able to accommodate both an early check-in and late check-out without any trouble so no complaints!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear wonderfelle,

We're glad you enjoyed DryBar... its a unique treat. Thanks for your stay. We hope the wedding was a success and that can welcome you back in the future. Next trip you'll have to check out our spa Moonshine or nail salon, Tenoverten.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Great 3 night stay in a junior suite. Plenty of room for my daughter and I plus my brother and his two kids. Friendly staff and pool with a view! Very clean. My only small complaint is that there isnt a coffee maker in the room.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear SouthpasSherry,

Thank you for your visit and the great review. We are glad your family had such a good time. No coffeemakers... this is true. Hope you had the chance to join us in Knave, our espresso bar. I promise it is worth getting out of bed for one of coffees!