WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Le Parker Meridien New York

Le Parker Meridien New York
Ranked #226 of 477 Hotels in New York City
Alexandria, VA
“Friendly Staff and Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

The Parker Meridien has the most helpful staff who can give the scoop on nearby treasures and how to get there. It is also close to the theater district as well as 5th avenue high fashion to 8th avenue restaurant bargains. I wish our stay was longer.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,159)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

Great staff, great room, great location. I always choose Le Parker Meridien when I am in the City.

Room Tip: None that occur to me
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Naples
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

Great location and friendly staff. The property next door was under construction so the noise early morning and at cocktail hour was deafening

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

A great midtown base for a long weekend in Manhattan. Comfortable rooms, attentive front desk service and a cool lobby bar in the long corridor to 57th.

The current construction next door makes for appalling weekday noise so I would check before hand if you are staying during the week

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Aarhus
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for 4 days in October and fortunately stayed over a weekend so that wew were not bothered by the very loud noise from the construction every day of our stay. I really liked the hotel and the room that were very large for NYC. The location was also excellent.

Dispite all the excellent things about the hotel we will most likely choose another hotel for our next stay in NYC since there unfortunately is a lot of construction going on adjacent to the hotel on 57th street and since we had a room on 16th floor facing the construction it was impossible to sleep after 7 am on weekdays. We had no warning of the construction before we arrived at the hotel so we were not prepared to be woken up by veryb loud drilling and banging Monday morning.
I feel very sorry for the people working at the hotel at the moment since the noise from the construction was so loud that it was very difficult to talk to each other in the lobby area of the hotel. We were bothered by the noise in our room but at least we could just leave the hotel very fast when the noise started in the morning. The staff were stuck there all day.

As I liked the hotel itself I would stay here again but only when all of the construction has finished.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lsm_dk
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Thank you for the review and your visit, Ism_dk.

Noise is a part of every New Yorker's daily life but the drilling next door is indeed an interruption even to veteran LPM staff. We are excited to know it is approaching the final days. We work to keep our guests as unaffected as possible. Please contact me on your return and I will happily ensure a more typical Le Parker Meridien stay.

Have a good one!

guestrelations@parkermeridien.com
Missoula, Montana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

Let me preface my commencements saying I generally love the Le Meridien brand. I wish I had had a positive experience here because as much as I come to NYC, I would love to have loved this hotel.
I won't get into many details, but suffice to say I woke up w/ bites and told the hotel about it, they denied and claimed they had inspected and found nothing (same as other reviewers have indicated). I am not one of these bug freaks, clean freak yes, but not a bug freak. I received bites, my wife, a few inches away, did not, take it for what its worth.

notes:
-great location (two blocks from park)
-very good sized room, upgraded to Jr. Suite (looking back wish we hadn't been)
-outdated decor/furnishings in room, terrible TV
-functional bathroom/shower
-nice lobby bar
-maybe property was new and fresh in 80's, but no longer

With all the places in NYC, why stay here?

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Chilly_h2o,

Thank you for your post. Bed bugs are not a matter we take lightly. The resurgence of bed bugs in the United States over the last five years is a widely-recognized problem. Perhaps you noticed the large ad in Times Square? This problem has affected nearly every step of a traveler’s way: Airplanes, cabs, public transit, theaters and even shops. Please know you can trust in our integrity. Regarding your comments about the room decor, new HD flat panel TV's are on their way as are several exciting charges to each room.

I would love to address your concerns more fully. Please contact me at guestrelations@parkermeridien.com as soon as possible I am eager to address your lingering concerns.

Best wishes,

Director of Guest Relations
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

There is a warning on the hotel website (you have to dig for it, its not on main page or anything, i think i finally found it under hotel conditions) and I discovered from the various reviews about the construction- after my travel agent had already booked the stay, so I wasn't quite sure what we were getting into. Yes it is loud, especially in the hotel lobby, but wasn't necessarily a bad thing for us- we were there to explore the city and had planned to be up early everyday anyway, so the 7:30am construction didn't ruin our stay. When we checked in we expressed our concerns and they advised we would be placed in a room as high as possible to lessen the noise (we arrived in the city very early and well before check-in). When we got our room later in the day we were on the 32nd floor with a fantastic view of central park. I felt the room was a good size, the bed was comfortable and very important, no bedbugs! It was starting to show it's age and yes it could use some updating and maintenance - the bathroom mirror was chipped, the shower leaked all over the bathroom, the bathroom ceiling had a lot of mold on it and the shower pressure was extreme, almost too much in my opinion.
The hotel staff were great on every interaction, from getting cabs to providing places for breakfast, tips and directions, very polite and friendly, they certainly helped to make us feel comfortable and happy.
The burger joint is a must try, but be aware of the long wait. We waited approx.30 mins on a Wednesday night at 10:30 and the place was packed, so nice to have the option to go back to the room to eat.
The hotel bar is also great, prices are steep, but worth it! My husband had the best martinis of his life, and they were huge so worth the price.
No major complaints, great location, especially for our first visit to NY, I did have higher expectations for the amount we were paying but overall was not disappointed.

Room Tip: Great view on central park side, get as high up as possible to help reduce the noise of construction...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Great review Pam C,

Thank you for sharing your initial concerns as well as the final outcome. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind words about our staff. We look forward to a return visit, this way you can experience our pending changes to the rooms which will include flat panel HD televisions.

Warm regards,