We stayed at The Hampton Inn Times Square North for nine nights in July 2011 while my daughter attended a training program at Radio City Music Hall. This hotel is located just outside of Times Square, across from the theatre where "Wicked" plays. It was about a 10 minute walk to Radio City Music Hall, the same to Central Park, and about 2 mins to Times Square. The lobby is nice, with plenty of seating, and the staff are friendly and helpful. Free breakfast is offered every morning, and it's quite extensive: make your own waffles, assorted breads, bagels, sweet rolls/danish, four cold cereals, oatmeal, yogurt, fresh and mixed fruit selections, coffee/tea (avail 24 hours), juice, milk, and a hot selection (usually some type of eggs and some type of breakfast meat) are offered daily. Breakfast becomes more crowded as the morning goes on, and there's a sign warning guests that if they attend in the last hour, it'll be "tumultuous", which was very true. Because of my daughter's schedule, we ate at 7:15 every morning and never had a problem getting a seat.
The rooms might be billed as "large", but they aren't. They are a standard, 2-star hotel size. Our room had 2 queen beds (we chose this location because of the queen, rather than double, beds), bureau with flat screen tv, cushioned suitcase stand, table and 2 chairs, easy chair with ottoman, one night table. There was just enough space to walk around everything, but clearly no extra space for a rollaway bed. There was enough drawer and hanging space for the three of us, and the bathroom was adequate, with enough counter space. As a previous poster said, the shower head is 'way up there... I am 5'6" and could barely reach it to adjust the shower pressure (which is adequate, but not strong). Housekeeping missed us on the first two days... not sure why as we were out of the room by 11 AM each day. After that, they left enough towels for three each day, even though the room was reserved for four. Annoying, good thing I had my own towel with me (even though there were only three of us, my daughter needed two showers a day after dancing 7 hours with the Rockettes and, oh yes, it was in the mid-to-upper 90's every day!).
The most annoying thing about this hotel was the lack of a refrigerator in the room. Yes, they are available, free, and first come, first served, but... I faxed before arrival, requesting a fridge. I requested every morning that a fridge be put in our room. On 3 different occasions, rooms on our hallway had fridges sitting outside of them, but we never got a fridge. I hate to sound "privileged," but we were there for NINE nights. Certainly sometime along the way, we should have been at the top of the queue for a fridge in our room.
Overall... good service, friendly, good concierge, good breakfast, GREAT beds. OK housekeeping, OK space, OK shower. Very disappointed that someone couldn't make sure that guests staying longer than a week could get a refrigerator in their room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Times Square location with COMPLIMENTARY amenities including daily hot breakfast, Internet, fitness center, business center & more! Hampton Inn® Manhattan Times Square North is a newly renovated, contemporary hotel with ideal Times Square location that is steps from Broadway theaters, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, TKTS discount theater ticket booth, The Museum of Modern Art, Carnegie Hall and Restaurant Row. Located on Eighth Avenue at 51st Street in the heart of Times Square, the hotel is surrounded by many restaurants, lively nightlife, shopping and New York City’s best sightseeing. The hotel is close to all major subway lines, a few blocks from Jacob Javits Convention Center and Port Authority Bus Terminal plus is convenient to all (3) area airports.The hotel features 300 oversized, modern guestrooms each equipped with 32-inch LCD flat panel television, lap desk, large work desk with ergonomic chair and Cloud Nine, the Hampton Bed Experience. COMPLIMENTARY, HOT BREAKFAST is offered daily to each guest plus On the Run Breakfast Bags™ are available from the front desk Monday through Friday, for guests who are “on-the-go.” Additional complimentary amenities include high-speed lobby and guestroom Internet access, 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center, coffee and tea in the lobby 24 hours per day, local telephone calls from guestroom and complimentary USA Today® (Monday through Friday). Hampton Inn® Manhattan Times Square North also has a gift shop and full-service Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk onsite. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Valet parking is available. The hotel allows service pets. 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hampton Inn Times Square North Hotel New York City
- Hampton Inn Manhattan
- Hampton Inn New York City
- Hampton Inn Times Square North
- New York City Hampton Inn