Tripadvisor
New York City
11,923 results
All reviews times square sandra esp new york corner room hudson river perfect location busy hotel hotel bar broadway show big apple two double beds high floor central park rockefeller center ihg evelyn concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020

What can I say the Crowne Plaza really looked after me and my husband for my surprise 50th birthday. As soon as we arrived for my birthday they gave us free drink vouchers for a couple of alcoholic drinks and also some free cocktails and also gave us two When we arrived as it was for my 50th birthday the reception team were lovely they gave us some free drink vouchers for our stay and two free breakfasts which was so lovely and made the beginning of our trip extra special so thank you. When we arrived at the hotel we couldnt believe how big it was with either an escalator or lift to take you up to the reception area.

The hotel was lovely so modern and right in the heart of Times Square with fantastic views. We were on the 35th floor and the views were amazing. The room was so clean, modern and big. The rooms have black out curtains, are warm and the rooms are made up with clean bedding every day. Big TVs with hairdryers too. The beds are so big like super king size so we had a fantastic sleep all week. Fresh towels are put out in the bathroom each day and such a nice touch the complimentary small toiletries in the bathroom. The showers are so large and hot water so quickly.

One day was so magical as it was snowing all day so the views from our room was amazing looking down from so high up. The hotel was lovely decorated all for Christmas and we ate in the hotel restaurant once and the food was nice. The bar area was extra special as some lovely views so sit near the front to look over Times Square. Lovely touch near the lifts was a food/drink area where you can buy wine, coffee and other refreshments, fresh danishes for breakfast, lunches like sandwiches and baguettes and salads, lots of yummy cakes. We took a couple of cheese board boxes to our room one day which was lovely and the hotel are very flexible if you take food back to your room which is nice from outside places.

The concierge was extremely helpful and helped us book some sight saver passes which saved quite a bit of money and they helped out with us getting to and from places and provided maps too.

When we checked out the receptionist asked when we were leaving and gave us some more free drink vouchers for the bar to get a drink each until our transfer picked us up directly outside the hotel for the airport which was very kind.

So all in all the Crown Plaza we can’t thank you all enough you made this 50th birthday for me extra extra special and anyone wanting a fantastic stay in the heart of Times Square, New York we recommend here as the staff are lovely and friendly and the hotel is so modern you’d struggle to find somewhere as good. Thank you we loved it but so sad to leave but you made a couple from Nottingham, England have such a special memory that we will treasure always.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaTimesSq, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

We appreciate the fantastic review, Jo!

It's wonderful to hear that your celebration was such a success at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan. We're glad that your visit went so smoothly and that you and the rest of your guests were able to enjoy your time with us. It was our pleasure having you join us for such a special occasion, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Thanks again for sharing with us. Have a great day!

Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Obviously the hotel's location is unbeatable. Right on Times Square. Restaurants, pharmacies, stores...everything is right there. The rooms are clean and spacious by NYC standards. We spent 10 nights there with two children and we were all very comfortable. We were also given a complimentary fridge when requested.

Issues: heating. It's central. Rooms are HOT and the only way to cool them is to open a window. Yes, an open window in Times Square. It didn't pose that much danger for my children but with younger I'd be nervous. The sounds of the city didn't bother us but sirens can be loud and bother others. Also the staff isn't nice, at all. I had 2 separate reservations to cover the 10 nights and I was first told we wouldn't need to switch rooms, then we had to switch and in a hurry. We lost some stuff because we had to leave the room. The general manager was very rough and not interested in helping the situation. We were given a higher floor and TS view to compensate but their attitude was a definite turn off. I'd rather stay at the other hotel we've used before where we've never been treated badly. Hotels aren't cheap and you expect a level of professionalism that this hotel apparently doesn't have.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Antrax3

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us.

We are deeply disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. We pride ourselves on our welcoming, kind staff, so it is upsetting to hear about this kind of service. We will let our management team know about your experience to ensure this won't happen again in the future. If there is anything we can do to accommodate a future stay with us, please let us know.

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

We enjoyed our time here. Walking distance to many famed NYC places & the staff is great with advice. Comfy beds, clean rooms, and good food. The gotcha is the built in 18% tip in the bar and restaurant which they say is for parties of 6 or more but apply when there are 1,2,3, or 4 people. Given the expected NYC higher prices for food that 18% can add up quickly. Other than that, I recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thanks for sharing this perfect rating, Gordon K!

We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan! It's our pleasure to accommodate you to the fullest extent. After all, your happiness is our top priority! We're already looking forward to your next visit!

Have a beautiful day!

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

This Crowne Plaza is in a great location to lots of activities and sights seeing. There are positives and negatives to being in Times Square though! Everything is at your fingertips but it’s more expensive, including every meal you’ll eat, and there’s lots of noise and crowds. I was here for work, and needed to be near the 1 train and the E train (to get to and from JFK’s AirTrain) so this fit the bill.
Was the hotel clean and comfortable? Yes. Did I sleep well? Yes. They had free WiFi and a gym. But it was just average for me. It didn’t have some of the basic things I expect when I travel (I should say I usually stay at Marriotts). It didn’t have a mini-fridge, which would have been nice and seems to be almost a given. For the large size of the lobby, I was really surprised and disappointed that they only had a handful of chairs for guests to sit in. The hotel is 30+ stories, not sure how many guests it holds, but the only place to sit other than your room is in their bar/restaurant seating. To me that’s very inconvenient, especially if you are in town with a large group and you are waiting for people to assemble in the lobby. There were always just groups of people standing around, and I don’t know about you, but when I go to NYC I put on 15-20,000 steps a day, so I like to sit when I can .
Another thing I thought was strange was that the shower water took a very long time to get warm. I called maintenance and the guy who came up told me I just had to run it for a long, long time and it might get warmer (doesn’t this go against their “sustainability goals”?) If not call back tomorrow and they would change the cartridge.... um why would I have to call back tomorrow? Put in a work order, that’s your responsibility not mine. I also requested that the ice maker on my floor get fixed, and he showed me that it was making ice but not spitting it out. He let me take as much as I wanted but I was told it wouldn’t get fixed, there were other things to do. Previously, the front desk people were apologetic about the ice and told me I could go up or downstairs... of course I can, and that’s why they are getting an average rating.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for the feedback, JenRed2014.

We strive to share a pleasant experience with all of our guests. We do hope to see you again soon so we can share a more positive encounter with you.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

We stayed here over New Years.
Friendly, helpful staff, good housekeeping. Obviously location is good for Broadway
shows. Short walk to Radio City and 5th Avenue; subway not too far away. A great place for a party or event in the middle of things. Fire dept around next corner that lost many firefighters on 911 and a Staples two doors from that to mail home all the stuff you bought in NYC !

Room tip: Talk directly to hotel for best rate, Can't you do better? Can breakfast be included? OR FREE airport shuttle? Etc.
Date of stay: December 2019
CrownePlazaTimesSq, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Thanks for the wonderful review!

It's fantastic you had such a lovely experience at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan. We're thrilled you enjoyed our prime location and proximity to so many of the city's best attractions. That's what we like to see! We're looking forward to sharing another amazing experience with you soon!

Have a beautiful day!