Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
11,910 results
All reviews times square sandra esp new york corner room hudson river perfect location busy hotel hotel bar broadway show big apple two double beds high floor central park rockefeller center ihg evelyn concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Obviously the hotel's location is unbeatable. Right on Times Square. Restaurants, pharmacies, stores...everything is right there. The rooms are clean and spacious by NYC standards. We spent 10 nights there with two children and we were all very comfortable. We were also given a complimentary fridge when requested.

Issues: heating. It's central. Rooms are HOT and the only way to cool them is to open a window. Yes, an open window in Times Square. It didn't pose that much danger for my children but with younger I'd be nervous. The sounds of the city didn't bother us but sirens can be loud and bother others. Also the staff isn't nice, at all. I had 2 separate reservations to cover the 10 nights and I was first told we wouldn't need to switch rooms, then we had to switch and in a hurry. We lost some stuff because we had to leave the room. The general manager was very rough and not interested in helping the situation. We were given a higher floor and TS view to compensate but their attitude was a definite turn off. I'd rather stay at the other hotel we've used before where we've never been treated badly. Hotels aren't cheap and you expect a level of professionalism that this hotel apparently doesn't have.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Antrax3
CrownePlazaTimesSq, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us.

We are deeply disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. We pride ourselves on our welcoming, kind staff, so it is upsetting to hear about this kind of service. We will let our management team know about your experience to ensure this won't happen again in the future. If there is anything we can do to accommodate a future stay with us, please let us know.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed our time here. Walking distance to many famed NYC places & the staff is great with advice. Comfy beds, clean rooms, and good food. The gotcha is the built in 18% tip in the bar and restaurant which they say is for parties of 6 or more but apply when there are 1,2,3, or 4 people. Given the expected NYC higher prices for food that 18% can add up quickly. Other than that, I recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thanks for sharing this perfect rating, Gordon K!

We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan! It's our pleasure to accommodate you to the fullest extent. After all, your happiness is our top priority! We're already looking forward to your next visit!

Have a beautiful day!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This Crowne Plaza is in a great location to lots of activities and sights seeing. There are positives and negatives to being in Times Square though! Everything is at your fingertips but it’s more expensive, including every meal you’ll eat, and there’s lots of noise and crowds. I was here for work, and needed to be near the 1 train and the E train (to get to and from JFK’s AirTrain) so this fit the bill.
Was the hotel clean and comfortable? Yes. Did I sleep well? Yes. They had free WiFi and a gym. But it was just average for me. It didn’t have some of the basic things I expect when I travel (I should say I usually stay at Marriotts). It didn’t have a mini-fridge, which would have been nice and seems to be almost a given. For the large size of the lobby, I was really surprised and disappointed that they only had a handful of chairs for guests to sit in. The hotel is 30+ stories, not sure how many guests it holds, but the only place to sit other than your room is in their bar/restaurant seating. To me that’s very inconvenient, especially if you are in town with a large group and you are waiting for people to assemble in the lobby. There were always just groups of people standing around, and I don’t know about you, but when I go to NYC I put on 15-20,000 steps a day, so I like to sit when I can .
Another thing I thought was strange was that the shower water took a very long time to get warm. I called maintenance and the guy who came up told me I just had to run it for a long, long time and it might get warmer (doesn’t this go against their “sustainability goals”?) If not call back tomorrow and they would change the cartridge.... um why would I have to call back tomorrow? Put in a work order, that’s your responsibility not mine. I also requested that the ice maker on my floor get fixed, and he showed me that it was making ice but not spitting it out. He let me take as much as I wanted but I was told it wouldn’t get fixed, there were other things to do. Previously, the front desk people were apologetic about the ice and told me I could go up or downstairs... of course I can, and that’s why they are getting an average rating.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for the feedback, JenRed2014.

We strive to share a pleasant experience with all of our guests. We do hope to see you again soon so we can share a more positive encounter with you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here over New Years.
Friendly, helpful staff, good housekeeping. Obviously location is good for Broadway
shows. Short walk to Radio City and 5th Avenue; subway not too far away. A great place for a party or event in the middle of things. Fire dept around next corner that lost many firefighters on 911 and a Staples two doors from that to mail home all the stuff you bought in NYC !

Room tip: Talk directly to hotel for best rate, Can't you do better? Can breakfast be included? OR FREE airport shuttle? Etc.
Date of stay: December 2019

Thanks for the wonderful review!

It's fantastic you had such a lovely experience at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan. We're thrilled you enjoyed our prime location and proximity to so many of the city's best attractions. That's what we like to see! We're looking forward to sharing another amazing experience with you soon!

Have a beautiful day!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed on the 22nd floor and had a corner room with a view of the river (if we had ever had time to look out of the window). The room appeared to be recently updated. It was very clean and comfortable. We asked for and speedily received several extra pillows, so service was great. (We like lots of pillows but most people would find the standard four to be sufficient.). We also like a well-lit room and this one had more than adequate lamps and wattage. The check-in was efficient and friendly. The location is convenient to theatres, restaurants, the subway and even delis and shopping. One more thing - the elevators were fast and there was virtually no waiting. (I attended a conference a few hotels away and their elevators were a nightmare. So the Crowne gets an A+ for theirs.) I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2020

Thank you for the excellent review!

It's lovely you had such a pleasant experience at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan! We strive to offer top-notch service and comfort for all of our guests. We're happy you appreciated our clean accommodations so much. Our team takes great care to properly refresh all rooms and your praise lets us know we're succeeding!

We look forward to hosting you again soon for another amazing experience! Have a fantastic day!