“Excellent room and service. No complaints” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
Ranked #194 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Excellent room and service. No complaints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

My family and I recently stayed at your hotlel wk of 7/19. Upon our arrival at your hotel we were getting out of the Shuttle when my grandson age 14 informed us that he had forgotten his back pack on the shuttle. The doorman Hector overheard our conversation. Without hesitation he told my grandson that he would run after the van. My grandson followed him and they ran 5 blocks before they caught up with the shuttle van. The back pack was still in the van and was retrieved. Hector went way beyound his normal duties to make sure my grandson got his back pack returned. There were valuable electronics in the bag. My family wanted the hotel executives to know what kind of person Hector was. The stay at the hotel was as good as Hector's services were. I would definetly recomment the hotel to my friends when they travel to N.Y. Hector thanks for making our stay a very pleasant and happy one. The Cantrelle Family from Louisiana

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CantrelleH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,911)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

These hotels is extremely well located in the heard of Times Square and have an exceptional service. My flight arrived at 6am and the check-in was supposed to be only at 3pm. My daughter wasn't filling so well, so I asked in front desk by the early check-in. The attendance Vicky, of the front desk, was exceptional. She got the room for me and surprisingly send soup to my daughter and a basket of grocery (for free!). Wow! Thank you, Vicky! Thank’s Crowne Plaza! Congratulations!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Coleraine, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

Stayrd here for 3 nights at the start of a world tour and were not dissapointed. The check in team were friendly and all the staff helpful during our stay with good helpful advice on activities and making our plans easier. Room was one of the mid range ones and in good order as you'd expect in an american hotel - overall well pleased with it and good views over the city. TIP - if you're booking aim to get a room as high up the tower as your budget allows as the views are outstanding.

The location is 3 minutes from Times Square and the hotel fronts onto Broadway with lots of cool delis for brekkie and lunch etc so its not a problem if your saty is 'Room Only'

All in all a great hotel - would not hesitate in recomendation to anyone. The price is high but then again so is every hotel in Midtown - so we figured may as well ahve a good one !

PS - beds and pillows amazing !

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

My daughter and I (dad) have left mom at home to read her books in peace while we travel the USA. It was time for our first trip together to NYC. I know that not everyone wants to stay at Times Square, but if you do this is the place. You can be at numerous theaters in a matter of minutes, NBC and Top of the Rock are minutes away, the tour bus areas are close by, and of course teh lights of Times Square are right outside the front door. The rooms were comfortable, easy to access, and quiet. We were staying on reward points, so we did not expect an upgrade for the penthouse. Our room was around mid level with an adequate view. The taxi pick up and drop off is in the back. You can easily unload your bags and place in luggage storage there if you are arriving early.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

I booked this hotel as part of a package through Travelocity.co.uk. I had the choice of hundreds of hotels as part of the deal, but after trawling through reviews of many of them on trip advisor, I eventually settled on this one. My main criteria were price, location, room size and quiet!

Obviously Crowne Plaza are a good, respected chain of hotels so I felt more comfortable booking with them than with one of the numerous 'boutique' hotels, as you generally know what to expect with a Crowne Plaza. Also, from the reviews, it was evident that this hotel had rooms much larger than an average 3/4 star New York hotel.

Another consideration was the height of the hotel, I had heard many horror stories about people being unable to get a good night's rest in 'the city that never sleeps' due to the traffic noise etc. This hotel has 40+ floors so I knew that if I requested a room on a high floor then noise would not be an issue.

I was very pleased to note upon arrival that my request for a high floor had been acknowledged, and I was placed in a very nice and very large room with a King Size bed, on the 32nd floor, as requested. The room was well furnished with good facilities and a very comfortable bed. I was given the option of adding breakfast to my pre-booked room only rate, but I decided it was best to just eat out, as it would be cheaper and there is no shortage of good places to eat in NYC.

During my stay, I had no problems with noise or with the room and whilst I cannot comment generally on the efficiency or otherwise of the staff, considering that I had no cause for complaint or need to ask any questions, the check in/out experience was both prompt and professional.

We had drinks in the hotel bar on our last night, the bar has a very nice atmosphere, and our waitress was very friendly. The drinks were not cheap, but what do you expect when you have cocktails in a Times Square hotel!

All in all, I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to a friend. It is in a great location, right in the middle of Times Square, within a few minutes walk of the nearest subway station, and due to its location on Manhattan the whole island is within reach very quickly and easily.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RJOfford
Lincoln, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

Superb location, at northern end of Times Square.
Our room on the 23rd floor had good view onto the square.
Members of staff were all extremely helpful with directions, maps and questions about the local attractions.
Dined in the hotel resturant one night, staff were again very friendly, helpful and full of suggestions for other places to try.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2010

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza in New York for 3 nights, it was a great start for our 4 week USA vacation.

Lets put all the positive things together:

1. Awesome location 2. Great, clean rooms. 3. Very friendly and helpful staff (what you have to do is, go to the place wheree you'll arrive with the car, and then ask one of the guys for a cab. He will stand on the road an blow his whistle, like a referee!)

Unfortunatly there is no breakfast included, but there are SO many places to eat great breakfast, that doesnt mind! If we're talking about breakfast, a great place is Sbarros just over the street to your left. All you can eat buffet for 9$!

Enjoy your stay, if you have any questions aske me

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family