My family & I (3 adults & 1 teenager) have just left the hotel after a 2 night stay over the weekend. We arrived at about 3ish and I proceeded to check in, I was served by Rhoda, who explained that she didn't have any rooms available at the moment. I advised that we had just done a long flight from the UK and wanted to get out and explore, I said that I know we had requested 1 room, but if it meant putting us in 2 rooms it was ok. She explained that she couldn't do that but would check again. She managed to find us a room & as a gesture of good will, gave us free breakfast and a free drink at the bar!
Our room was a reasonable size, actually it was probably the smallest room I have had in NYC, but it was big enough for what we needed. The beds were an ok size and comfortable, which is all you need after a long day in NYC. breakfast was good, lots of choice and all very tasty, I found the bar a bit too up market for my liking, the cocktail list was a bit too fancy.
You have to pay for wifi in your room, but if you head to the lobby, the wifi is free which was great as it allowed me to check in for our non ward flight & FaceTime my partner back in the uk!
The 1 downside to the hotel (as the location was amazing) was this morning, when we asked for a taxi to the airport, we were told a tow car would be best, I checked the rate a couple of times ( and it was the same when we go.t to the airport) but they were really ramming our cases into the boot, I had to say several times to be careful as there breakables in the cases. It annoyed me as they didn't appear to be taking much care over our bags - overall this was the worst service we had and even that wasn't too bad.
I would return again, and stay again, but upgrade to a bigger room with a Times Square view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Times Square, always New York's most exciting scene, seems all new now that the Crowne Plaza Times Square has reinvented itself. Come check out our $85 million re-invention, and see for yourself how modern design can provide a whole new kind of comfort. Enjoy one of our 795 well-appointed guest rooms outfitted with fresh contemporary accents and plush Sleep Advantage beds. Every room offers breathtaking views of Times Square, the famous Manhattan skyline or the Hudson River, unique among hotels in Times Square. Relax in our sleek lobby lounge, or have an evening cocktail in Broadway 49 Bar. Delight in a new spin on New American Eclectic cuisine at Brasserie 1605, one of the most exciting Times Square restaurants. With options like these, it's no wonder that New York seems so new. If you ve come for a meeting, you ll benefit from the new tech-friendly environment. If you re here for an event, you ll revel in the open space and atmospheric lighting, and when you walk through our front door, you step onto Broadway dazzling lights, world-class entertainment and urban energy. That's how Crowne Plaza Times Square is keeping New York new for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Manhattan
- Crowne Plaza New York City