“Great location”

Ranked #192 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Glasgow
“Great location”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed here recently on recommendation from a friend and we were delighted. Having read mixed reviews was a bit apprehensive but really enjoyed our stay. We had one of the corner rooms on 32nd floor overlooking Hudson River. Location is perfect. Hotel is very clean. Staff very helpful, and you can buy bagels, fruit, coffee etc for breakfast in the lobby to take to your room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
amontoya29, Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for you lovely feedback! We love knowing the our guests enjoyed their stay. We are glad that you enjoyed our location, cleanliness, staff and ammenities! Please let us know the next time you plan to travel to New York City!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,991)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I reserved 2 rooms at the Crowne Plaza Times Square in Jan/14 for an Apr/14 stay and specifically mentioned that I was requesting connecting rooms. When I checked in they told me I had made no such request. I had to show them my printed copy of the reservation. The hotel had not even seen the request in the reservation!!!After that they changed their story and told me the request were offered on an availability basis. They basically made me feel they were doing me a favor by checking if connecting rooms were available. They had me going in to check for 3 days, until day finally told me they had none for the whole week.

Thats the service I got even though I am a Platinum Elite member of the IHG Rewards program, which means I stay at least 60 night a year in a hotel in their chain.

Other issues were:
One day we had to call when we got back to our rooms after 4:00 PM because the rooms were not made!

The Valet/Doorman service is nonexistent to get a taxi. The first few day we wanted a taxi, we were told to go out to Broadway Ave and hail one. Yesterday after check out, my family had to manhandle our 4 suitcases to the sidewalk on Broadway to stop a taxi and put the bags on the trunk. No assistance in sight.

I guess this hotel relies in the famous adage Location, location, location!!! So they don’t have to worry about the quality of service. I have certainly got better service even from a Holiday Inn or even a Holiday Inn Express than from this particular Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: If you decide to book this hotel because of its location, just about its only quality, choose a high...
4 Thank ChinSin2003
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I am disheartened to read about your experience with us. To ensure that you receive a connecting room, you must book our Connecting Room Package, otherwise it is a request and is based upon availability. We strive to provide our guests with the best room accommodations. Your comments are greatly appreciated and have been forwarded over to the appropriate departments to discuss and review. Furthermore, please email me directly because I would like to prevent this from happening again. I would love to discuss any challenges you may have had directly and personally. My email address is alkudrna@cptsnyc.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Alexandria Kudrna
Guest Service Manager
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed here as a family of four staying in two rooms from April 6th to April 9th. I asked for a view over Times Square as we were celebrating our sons 21st birthday but we never got this but I wasn't too concerned. The hotels rooms were beautiful and clean and had all the facilities we required for a short stay. The staff were very helpful and polite throughout our stay and we couldn't have asked for a more central location.

We had a connecting room, not with the rest of our party, and was awoken in the middle of the night by ver loud people. It sounded as they were in the same room as us. However a pair of earplugs soon drowned out the noise and back off to sleep I went. Be prepared and take earplugs in case you have noisy neighbours!

However, one thing did spoil our stay. We bought a birthday cake from the Cake Boss Cafe for our sons birthday whilst we were there. We took it back to our sons room and left it there for us to enjoy the next day. When we came back the next day, after our day out, the cake had disappeared!

My husband immediately rang reception and they sent up a member of staff to investigate. After a quick investigation by the hotel staff it was found that the cake had been thrown in the trash by the maid. The staff at the hotel were very apologetic, however my son was quite upset at what had happened and the hotel staff tried their best to make up for what had happened and we did truly appreciate how they tried to rectify this incident.

Having said all that I would certainly come back to this hotel, probably next year, as apart from that incident we could not really fault this hotel at all.

1 Thank Jenny E

Thank you so much for the review! We really appreciate all of your feedback! Let us start by apologizing for your son's cake being discarded. Also, Happy Birthday to him! We strive to provide top service for our guests and it is upsetting when plans do not go accordingly. Please inform us directly the next time you plan to visit New York City. We would love to see you again!

Wisconsin
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stay of 3 nights 4/17-4/19. The location, 48th and Broadway, is simply the perfect home-base for all NYC has to offer. Right in the heart beat of Times Square, the Theatre, and Restaurant Row.

We arrived at 11:00 am and were pleasantly surprised that we could check in to our room. The front desk service was friendly, efficient, and accommodating with brief overview of the hotel and various tools to getting around the city. The recommended app HopStop was a life saver. Thank you, again.

The king room (3624) was clean, updated, and spacious with an excellent view of the Hudson. Great water pressure. I agree with one review that stated that the room was too warm. Our room, read 68 degrees --and that's my comfort zone. This "68 degrees" felt more like 70-72. The thermostat could not be adjusted downward. The bed and pillows made up for this discomfort.

The complimentary breakfast that came with our package was very, very good-- fresh with plenty of options. An excellent way to start our busy day. The lounge was a nice place to unwind with great service.

The hotel is teaming with employees always willing to help whether its getting around the hotel, or the city.

If you have a late flight on check out, luggage storage is available on the lower level by the parking garage.

Overall the hotel is older, but not terribly dated. It is very clean. The elevator is so fast that my ears kept popping--small price to pay if one would have to take the stairs.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the 5 star review! We are so excited to hear that you received such great service! The location is certainly great for guests who want to be in the middle of Times Square. Our location is ideal and close to all the tourist attractions as well as restaurants and theaters. I am thrilled to know that my team were helpful and at your service. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

All the best,

Prilly, Switzerland
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Very well located. Rooms vefy good.Service excellent. People at reception, at the bar and the concierge really professional. Restaurant very good. On top every morning there is a cafeteria where you can get a light breakfast. I will recomend it for sure.

Room Tip: High rooms with city view
Stratham, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This isn't a bad property. Not at all. It's clean, it's well situated, it's safe and secure. Here's the deal, however: it isn't a great property. Not by a long shot. And for nearly $400 per night when all is said and done, it's an expensive C+ or B-. I often stay at Crowne Plaza properties. I find they represent good value as a rule. This one, however, would not fall into that category. If all you care about is a central location (perfect for theater, for example) and a relatively attractive room, you'll be fine here. If you want a bit more ambience and a few little perks that make you feel like you're in an upscale Manhattan property, keep lookin'....!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank blondventures
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear blondventures,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We regret that the value prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pilot Grove, Missouri
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We came into town on the same night the President had his date night. After wheeling our suitcases down the side walk we were happy to make it to check in. You know that nervous feeling when they can't find you. She asked if I had my expedia confirmation number and I did. Then she was able to find our room. We got to our room on the 20th floor and our door would not open. We saw a staff member who let us in but told us we would have to go back down to get a working key. We saw the view from our window and decided the view made up for everything and anything. We went back down to check in and they informed us they had changed the door key system without letting the front desk know. The next key worked. We decided to call for room service and this was a GREAT idea. It was fast, hot and wonderful. My mom had a lobster roll that was amazing. It came with some little pastries for dessert that were also wonderful. My husband had salmon that was his favorite of the trip and I had a waffle with chicken. I had always seen that on TV and it is better in person. The concierge was very helpful in getting us boat and bus tickets. She also recommended a sea food restaurant. She gave us a map and we were able to find all of our scheduled events. We only had two issues. We couldn't get any one to understand that we wanted regular coffee to prepare in our room. They would leave many decaff but no regular. We also asked for more bar soap but never received any. The water pressure in the shower was low and it was hard to adjust the temperature. They delivered us one extra body wash and we made do. I would go back for the room service and the view.

Room Tip: We had a corner room. The view was amazing.