“Top of the line!”

Ranked #190 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Top of the line!”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Never been to NYC; came for the Super Bowl. This hotel was very friendly, beautiful, safe, accomidating, pleasing and the location is perfect. Juliet was very professional and took excellent care of us throughtout our 3 night stay. I believe everyone went above and beyond. Hope to return soon!
-The Bradley's

Room Tip: We were in room 3302. Lots of windows and different views.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you Tiffany B for your wonderful review! I am very pleased to read that Juliet and our staff were able to make your stay a successful one! We pride ourselves on our professionalism and our attention to our guests! I am thrilled that you and your family enjoyed yourselves during the busy Super Bowl weekend! We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,020)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We were there in the week leading up to the Super Bowl and across the weekend. It was an amazing effort by the staff and at no point did we feel hassled or a nuisance. The rooms were clean, well appointed and quiet. Totally lived up to the Crowne Plaza reputation. Thanks for a wonderful week and the bonus snow as we left. Highly recommend for a place in the middle of everything.

Room Tip: Ask for ones away from the lifts and if you ask for king rooms ask for the ones not reduced by the s...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you DDTravellerSydney for your wonderful review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff was helpful and friendly! Super Bowl was very hectic in Times Square but I'm glad the Crowne Plaza made you feel right at home! We look forward to welcoming you back when the weather is not so cold!
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed jan 30th to feb 3 for superbowl great location by superbowl blvd right on times square we checked in room was nice great view of Hudson river and times square room was clean updated we were pleased on first impression. But upon further inspection when showering water would change temps come to find out the knob would move because of gravity to hot position so be careful found mold in bathroom sink in overflow hole. Went to get ice and found mold on ice machine where ice comes out it hasn't been cleaned in 6mo to a yr meaning the inside is covered in mold I'm a chef engineer for 2 hotels and know this is not good you can get very sick if not worse my wife is pregnant and knowing what to look for I do for her safety as well as others I reported to front desk they didn't care was very rude and while I was talking to her she was on phone to report to someone else at least wait until I'm done talking before getting on phone very disrespectful she should be fired as well as engineer responsible for ice machines I will also post photo of mold on ice machine

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Billy B
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Billy B for your feedback on our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our great location and the view of the Hudson River from your room! I am saddened to read about the condition of your sink and the ice machine concerns. This is not the condition that our guest room items should be left in. This has been brought up to the appropriate department managers responsible for the up keep of our hotel standards. This is certainly not the level of service that we expect from our staff and our front office staff members could have been more attentive to listen to your concerns, I sincerely apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. I would like to discuss the various items that you have mentioned, please feel free to contact me at ptran@cptsnyc.com so we can better our services for our future guests.
Regards,
Peggy Tran
Guest Relations
Lanarkshire
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights at end of January with my daughter. Room was clean, comfortable & spacious with great view of Times Square. Excellent location for Broadway shows, & sightseeing. Staff were very pleasant and happy to help. I contacted hotel prior to arrival to ask which was the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport. I chose the shared taxi option which was a good choice. Thanks to all the staff who made our stay such a pleasure. Will definitely stay at this hotel again on our next visit to New York.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you travellertweeds for your review! Am thrilled that you and your daughter enjoyed your time in Times Square! I am very happy to hear that multiple staff members were able to assist you during your stay! We are all here to help and I am glad you took advantage of our services! I hope we get to welcome you back very soon!
east sussex
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Just recently spent 5 nights in New York, this was my 5th visit but my 1st visit to this hotel. I booked this a surprise for my partner who was celebrating his 50th birthday so I really wanted it to be special. I would now only go back to this hotel, the staff were fantastic really wanted to help. Especially when we went to breakfast there were two really jolly ladies who seated you they were something else, happy laughing making you feel really welcome. I mentioned to one of them that it was my partners birthday that afternoon there was a bottle of wine and a really nice cheese platter waiting for us in our room when we goy back that evening. This trip did have the wow factor and the fact this hotel and the service played a hugh part in making this trip so special.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank susan c
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you Susan C for your wonderful review! I am thrilled that the staff at the Crowne Plaza contributed to a memorable birthday for your partner! All our team members pride themselves on stellar customer service and it is a pleasure to read that this is what you and your partner received! We cannot wait to welcome you both back for your next visit to NYC!
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed here a total of 9 Nights , including 7 Nights taken out on bonus points. The hotel has a great location, and we were fortunate to get a Times Square view room with a view to Hudson River also. We didn't get the breakfast , but I usually took the lifts down and went over the street to Starbucks where I got us started every day. This is not the cheapest option you can choose when staying in NY, but clearly one of the better !
Highly recommended !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you N0rwegianTravellers for your wonderful review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed the Crowne Plaza's central location as well as the beautiful view from your room! Hopefully you check out the Grab n Go that we have in our lobby the next time you are here! It is a great way to get your day started in NYC! We look forward to your next visit!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed February 2, 2014

A group of us stayed at this hotel near Times Square. Our plan was to see several Broadway plays and this hotel was in the perfect location to support that goal. The views of Times Square from the rooms was also great.
The rooms were of moderate size, clean and comfortable, I would not hesitate to stay in the hotel on a return trip.
This hotel also featured a very good restaurant and bar.

Room Tip: Pay the extra room fee and get a room facing Times Square - you will not be disappointed
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jmkeck
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Jmkeck,
Thank you for the great 5-Star review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our amazing Times Square views and the comforts of our spacious rooms. The location is definitely great for those who want to be right in the middle of all Broadway plays. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our Brassiere 1605 and our Broadway 49 Bar and Lounge. We can't wait to have you return and stay with us again here at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Please let us know the next time you are in New York City.
Regards,