“Great place on Times Square”

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
Ranked #194 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Helpful, friendly staff, nice rooms at a good price. I've stayed here several times and have been completely satisfied. Imran at the front desk is incredibly helpful and better yet, knowledgeable. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose a room that's not on Broadway, there will be less road nose.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Mari H,
Thank you for the great review and for your continued loyalty to the Crowne Plaza Times Square. We are thrilled to hear that you had yet another wonderful stay with us. We are pleased to hear that Imran provided his assistance to you during your stay. We hope he answered all your questions and concerns. Please let us know when you will be back! We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was a great hotel stay. We spent 2 nights with my sisters and their husbands , all at the Crown Plaza. The rooms are large by NYC standards and we did have a nice view of the city and if you craned your neck you could see the river! The bed was very comfortable and the bath was well appointed. The shower pressure was not the best, but apparently some rooms have better pressure. Coffee maker in the room, which is very nice. All in all it was a great stay and I would recommend it highly!

Kentislandwanderers,
Thank you for the great review! We are thrilled to hear that you and your family had a wonderful time here at the Crowne Plaza Times Square! We are glad that you enjoyed the comforts of your room. We are disappointed to hear about the shower pressure in your room and your comment has been forwarded to the appropriate department to research. Thank you for the kind recommendations, we definitely appreciate it. Please let us know when you will be back in New York City! We hope to see you again soon!
Best Regards,

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I was able to visit this fabulous Hotel in the heart of Times Square via booking my reservation through my iPhone app HotelsTonight. I booked my reservation for one night at the rate of $145 + tax $175 total. That is an insane price for one night in the city, especially the location I was at.

Once I arrived I was very tired and ready for check in and was bummed they couldn't find my reservation immediately, but after a few moments and great assistance by my Front Desk agent Vicky Martin I was booked into an amazing room with a corner unit on the 32nd floor with a view I could only imagine in my dreams. If your looking for amazing stay in the city, this is your spot. And if your lucky enough to get Vicky as your Front Desk agent...then you will have one special stay I can guarantee that..

Room Tip: Rm 3224 is the one you want:)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Todd R,
Thank you for the amazing 5-star review! We are thrilled to hear that you had a fabulous time here at the Crowne Plaza Times Square! We are glad that you enjoyed your corner room. Vicky is definitely an amazing team member and we are delighted to hear that you provided you with exceptional service to make your stay extra special. Please let us know when you will be returning to New York City. We would love to have you stay with us again!
Best,

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I traveled to Crown Plaza Time Square for leisure and boy did I enjoy my stay! From the moment I called the hotel to confirm my stay and talking to the front desk clerk Erica, who went above and beyond for me, to my stress free check-in process with M . to the friendly security guy Frank who escorted us in the right direction after being confused about where to go to get to our room (you can tell I don't travel to big hotels much), to the beautiful updated room we had. It just goes to show that this hotel takes pride in their customer service skills and cleaniness. I will recommend this hotel to anyone I know or hear will be traveling NYC and I will for sure be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alicia F

Alicia F,
Thank you for the amazing 5-star review! We are absolutely delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time during your stay with us. All our staff pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service so we are ecstatic to hear that Erica, Miliha and Frank welcomed and assisted you during the various parts of your stay to ensure that you would have a stress-free check-in and trip. Thank you for the kind recommendation. Please let us know when you or your friends and family will be visiting us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Best,

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel and I'd look no further in NYC. Even though our stay was payed for with airline miles they gave us a room overlooking Times Square! When the front desk associate (Vicky Martin) found out it was my 50th birthday, she personally brought up candies (from Hershey's downstairs, of course) and complimentary breakfast coupons for my entire family. This place was clean. Staff is friendly and professional - couldn't have been a better experience. Convenient to everything.

Room Tip: Talk to Vicky at the front desk.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you John S for the fantastic 5 star review! We appreciate your loyalty and for returning to stay at our hotel. We are delighted to hear that Vicky Martin went above and beyond to assist in celebrating your 50th birthday celebration! Isn't it great to be so close to the Hershey Store, doesn’t get closer than that! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Safe Travels,

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Great service at the front desk from Vicky Martin. Ms. Martin helped us manage our complicated reservation, tend to the kids, schedule an event, and made the lounge available for our guests. Couldn't have been better. Thanks Ms. Martin!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you PiperMad for the wonderful review! We are delighted to hear that Vicky Martin provided you with wonderful services during your stay with us. She definitely strives to go above and beyond to assist our guests needs.
Glad you chose to stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back.
Safe Travels,

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Checking into this hotel was a strange exercise in what happens when bad management and front desk training (see my profile for why this is a pet peeve) meets a pretty decent room.

Upon check-in I signed for a king bed room, which I had reserved. Upon entering the room it was a double queen. Classic bait and switch that NYC hotels love to do (happens more often than not when I'm in town). So I went right back down and (to a new clerk) requested the appropriate room. First I got the "we don't guarantee reservations nonsense." I politely stood my ground (having worked the other side of the desk, I hold my tongue). Then he went to prove I did not sign for a king bed by printing out a new form showing what room they had given me. I agreed that was the room type they gave me, but it was not the room type I signed for. Again I stood my ground. He tried another tactic, at which point I requested my signed statement (they had already trashed it when I walked away from the desk the first time, but didn't want to admit it.) He tried yet another answer at which point I demanded (more politely than he deserved) the signed copy. He was stuck. The clerk who had checked me in was forced to admit he no longer had the paper. At which point the clerk I was dealing with went totally snotty on me. He was trapped into tacitly admitting the bait and switch (FTC where are you?) giving me exactly the room type I had reserved and signed for. Totally ticked him off. TripAdvisor won't let me repeat what he said. Suffice to say it was totally inappropriate, and religiously offensive. Hint to management: perhaps you want to make sure your staff are not culturally insulting your guests!?!?

After that experience, I dropped my stuff in the room and went for a walk. The location really is good, being a block away from Times Square but far enough to avoid the noise. Other than location though, the rest is only so-so. The entry is probably a bit confusing and maze-like for most people because the hotel really starts upstairs. So the ground floor entry is dark, twisty, and long (but there is security so you don't get mugged). The lobby, such as there is, is tiny and can't hold everyone checking in because a bar / lounge takes up most of it. The rooms are done in Crate and Barrel decor. They are on the dark and small side. In fact, so small (in the king room), that I couldn't pull out the chair at the desk to sit in it. I had to turn it sideways and squeeze into it. The TV (nice flat panel) is pretty much right in your face, nearly on top of the bed. The bathroom at least was spacious and nice. Probably the best part really was the view: I was high enough up to enjoy some distance between buildings (and I'm a big architecture buff).

I wouldn't stay here again on my own nickel. Too many other places in the city with far better trained staff and equally good if better rooms.

Room Tip: Make sure to review the form you sign to get the room you want, and if they (inevitably) switch it...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
CPTimesSquare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you, BlueWindez for your hotel review. Our rooms are considered spacious at 323 sq ft for Times Square NYC. Our luxurious modern décor is also something we take pride in. We are disappointed to hear that you initially did not receive the room type that you booked, on the initial check in process. Depending on our guests arrival time and room type requested, and available, we do strive diligently to get the best possible room for our guests, depending on the inventory presented to the agent. I sincerely apologize for the response that was provided to you by our agents as this is not the service that we are known to provide.
We hope you give us another opportunity to welcome you back.
Regards,