we were looking fwd to our stay at our favorite Times Square hotel, the Crowne Plaza. We've always had great service and rooms in the past. This time we were hopeful for yet another positive experience. We received a welcome email from Amanda Hladky prior to our arrival - and she was helpful in making a dinner reservation for us post-theatre. As we were arriving early in the morning after a 15 hour flight from Johannesburg, SA, she said she would put a note on our file for an early arrival and hopefully, we'd be able to get a room right away.
when we arrived at the hotel around 9:30 am, the desk clerk (who was not very friendly) I believe her name was Victoria, told us there was no note on our file about our early arrival, and that we could not get into a room until 3 pm. We then asked if we could use the fitness facilities to freshen up - have a shower and get changed. She said she would give us passes to do so. She took our cell phone numbers and said they would call us when there was a room available. After freshening up, we went out and at 3:15 (after no phone calls...) we went back to the hotel very tired and asked if our room was avail. Yes, it was. Why they didn't call I don't know. We went to our room and were disappointed to find that it had a bathtub rather than a stand up shower (which we had also requested), and the porcelain was chipped in the bathtub and not in the best of shape. Our hot water was also not working. I called the front desk and they said that they could not move us to another room until the next day. Our new room the next day was a corner room which was nice, however, our television channels did not work, and there was duct tape across the floor holding the carpet/tv cables down on the floor. We also had a bathtub again, and no stand up shower. After placing a call to maintenance to come and fix our tv, two gentlemen arrived and looked at the tv, but could not fix it. This just didn't sit well with us - for over $400 a night - you would think the tv would work, and also, there would not be duct tape across the floor. Another call was made to the front desk. Finally, a front desk manager called our room and said she could move us AGAIN to a room with a stand up shower. She also offered us two vouchers for a complimentary buffet breakfast the next morning. Needless to say, the 3rd room did in fact have our shower, and the tv signal was still mediocre. This was very disappointing for one of the top rated hotels in Times Square. Unfortunately, our love for this hotel has been tainted. Although the location is top notch and the common areas are very nice, we will probably be looking for a new favorite hotel on our next trip to NYC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Times Square, always New York's most exciting scene, seems all new now that the Crowne Plaza Times Square has reinvented itself. Come check out our $85 million re-invention, and see for yourself how modern design can provide a whole new kind of comfort. Enjoy one of our 795 well-appointed guest rooms outfitted with fresh contemporary accents and plush Sleep Advantage beds. Every room offers breathtaking views of Times Square, the famous Manhattan skyline or the Hudson River, unique among hotels in Times Square. Relax in our sleek lobby lounge, or have an evening cocktail in Broadway 49 Bar. Delight in a new spin on New American Eclectic cuisine at Brasserie 1605, one of the most exciting Times Square restaurants. With options like these, it's no wonder that New York seems so new. If you ve come for a meeting, you ll benefit from the new tech-friendly environment. If you re here for an event, you ll revel in the open space and atmospheric lighting, and when you walk through our front door, you step onto Broadway dazzling lights, world-class entertainment and urban energy. That's how Crowne Plaza Times Square is keeping New York new for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotwire, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Manhattan
- Crowne Plaza New York City