We checked in the evening of June 25 with another couple for a stay of 5 nights. There was no line up and our friends had their room keys within five minutes. We were checked in by a manager who explained that she had to check if our room was ready. She left the desk for at least 15 minutes and when she returned she said she had "a very nice room" for us. Our check in took 25 minutes. The room was nice, but nothing special and it smelled very strongly of powdery air freshener. We wondered what kind of smell they were trying to cover up. No mini bar or fridge. Bathroom had a shower only, the mirror was chipped, and the caulking between the small back splash and counter was in desperate need of repair. The air conditioning did not work but when we told the front desk in the morning it was promptly fixed. I don't think it's a good idea to tell guests you have a very nice room for them as the let down is worse than if we had just been given our room, with apologies, for taking so long. Room was clean and the bed very comfortable. We did not have a Do Not Disturb sign and were unfortunately disturbed by housekeeping in the morning. Location for this hotel is great, walk to everything. We had breakfast twice at the Brasserie Restaurant and both times it took at least five minutes to get coffee and service, and they were not busy. Potatoes with our meals were cold both days. Grab and Go breakfast station was excellent, including the coffee, pastries and service. We had drinks in the hotel Broadway 49 bar and the service was very good.
Overall, I think this is a very good hotel. We had a few glitches but I would stay again as my hotel choice in any big city is largely based on location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Times Square, always New York's most exciting scene, seems all new now that the Crowne Plaza Times Square has reinvented itself. Come check out our $85 million re-invention, and see for yourself how modern design can provide a whole new kind of comfort. Enjoy one of our 795 well-appointed guest rooms outfitted with fresh contemporary accents and plush Sleep Advantage beds. Every room offers breathtaking views of Times Square, the famous Manhattan skyline or the Hudson River, unique among hotels in Times Square. Relax in our sleek lobby lounge, or have an evening cocktail in Broadway 49 Bar. Delight in a new spin on New American Eclectic cuisine at Brasserie 1605, one of the most exciting Times Square restaurants. With options like these, it's no wonder that New York seems so new. If you ve come for a meeting, you ll benefit from the new tech-friendly environment. If you re here for an event, you ll revel in the open space and atmospheric lighting, and when you walk through our front door, you step onto Broadway dazzling lights, world-class entertainment and urban energy. That's how Crowne Plaza Times Square is keeping New York new for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, IHG, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Manhattan
- Crowne Plaza New York City