“Great location for a Times Square Hotel -- Great sized rooms”

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
Ranked #193 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Toronto
“Great location for a Times Square Hotel -- Great sized rooms”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here May 6-8th for business. The hotel was well located on Broadway and easy to find. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I really enjoyed the size and cleanliness of the room as well as the size of the bathroom - this is a huge plus for me as rooms/bathrooms are especially tiny in NYC. The bed was comfortable and a nice sleep. There was really good security at this hotel as well, they made sure non-guests were not allowed past the front entrance during the night.

My only complaint here was that the lobby and hallways to the elevators were very crowded. It seemed that people loitered around the small hallways to the elevators, making it difficult to pass by, especially with a suitcase. Oh and they didnt have robes!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
-Taradise15, thank you for taking the time to review our property and for choosing to stay with us! We are pleased to know you had enjoyed your stay with us, especially the friendly staff, our security, and the size of our rooms! Hopefully you were able to take in all New York has to offer during your stay with us. It is unfortunate that the hallways were crowded; we appreciate you mentioning that to us as we always look for ways to improve. Not all of our rooms types come equipped with robes, but are available upon request. Please do not hesitate to ask us during your next stay with us and we will bring it right up to your room! We hope to see you again!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,005)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I never do reviews, however Sandra with the Crowne Plaza was incredibly gracious and helpful at 6am in the morning. Great customer Service is hard to come by these days, and I am very happy to have had her make my morning a littl more tolerable. We also had a great room away from the lights and it was quiet and pleasant.

Room Tip: Our room was quiet and away from the lights, great night sleep
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing our property for your stay, Kphilly as well as taking the time to review our property. Sandra, as well as our entire staff, work very hard to ensure each guest enjoys his or her stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Norman, OKI
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed here 1 night on an international flight stopover and spent 12 hours cramming in NYC tourist things. This was a great place to base out of as it is a couple blocks off Times Square and the subway. I had a room on the 44th floor looking over the Hudson. The room itself was moderate size, comfortable, a decent work area, and nice bathroom.

The gym on the 15th floor is very well equiped although the men's locker room is very cramped and crowded. I did not eat at the hotel so cannot comment on that aspect of the stay or service.

Overall I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Any of the higher rooms should get you above the majority of the street noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
CPTimesSquare, Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your candid review. We could not agree more regarding the location. We are in the heart of Manhattan and we get extremely busy with guests and visitors. Thank you for the review on the gym, I will pass this information on to them. I hope you can visit us again soon.

texas
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The excellence starts at the front desk at check-in. The staff's demeanor was professional and so friendly. The accommodated our requests and were very generous with amenities (it was my birthday celebration trip) and put us on the concierge floor. Our room had stunning views of the Manhattan skyline. The gorgeous room was about the size of most NYC hotels and was more than adequate for our needs. We enjoyed using the gym and the breakfast buffet as well. And, as others have noted, the location of this hotel is unparalleled. Once you are out the front door, you are in the heart of Times Square. I'm already looking forward to the next trip. Will gladly return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor has stunning views
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I am ecstatic that you had a great stay with us. My staff and I work hard to accommodate all requests. Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for your time and effort you took to review our property. Please come back and see us soon.
Benfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We recently spent four nights at this hotel and honestly think it would be hard to beat for location and value. Our room was a decent size and nicely furnished and the beds were supremely comfortable. We had a problem with our plumbing which was rectified immediately. I found all the staff extremely friendly and attentive. We will certainly put the Crowne Plaza on the top of our list for any future visits to NYC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MarCarJam
Hello,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a great time. It is very exciting to know that you put us on the top of your list. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I decided to stay at this hotel whilst I was passing from NY returning from my friends wedding in Philly. I chose this particular hotel because I had air miles to use. The hotel is on the pricey side, which luckily I didnt have to worry about. The price may be worth it, I dont think you could get a better location - leave the main entrance and you are on Broadway & Times Square, opposite M&M world.

I was not disappointed, they staff are all friendly and willing to go the extra mile for you - obviously most people are tip concious and will work hard for you. My room was on the 29th Floor and my views were amazing, I could see the north end of Broadway (Mamma Mia & Greese the musicals were visable from my room and so was the Hudson river). The room itself was clean, large and had everything you may need.

The only issue I had was that the wifi was not free, luckily for me I got it free with my airmiles, but i think if you are paying all this money, wifi should be free, lets face it; its free in most places accross America, why not in your room!

The cost for a drink in the bar was not too bad, I paid $8 for the normal array of beers you can pick, $9.5 for a bottle of imported beer (Heineken etc)

Room Tip: Ask for a room which is high up and south facing if you can, that way you would be able to see Empir...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Hi Lewis,
Thank you so much for such grand review of our property. I am most exited to hear that you liked the view from your room and that my staff was friendly with you. Regarding the WIFI we do have it complementary in the lobby and guests are more than welcome to use it. Thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you back again soon.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This one is a tough one to judge I did not seem to be there at the right time (Hurricane Sandy) to write a true review but will give you what I thought about it. Service seemed to be ok maybe even a little below average...might have been stress of storm, rooms were just above average nothing to nice about them but were a good size, food looked good, price was about what you would expect to pay anywhere near times square.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your input and comments are greatly appreciated. I am sorry you had to experience the storm during your stay with us. Please come back again soon and let us make your stay memorable. Have a wonderful day and thank you for staying with us

Hotel Manger