“Beautiful View - Great Service”

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
Ranked #190 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful View - Great Service”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza several times and the service is always consistant. Although there was a line at the check-in, it went fairly rapidly. I was upgraded a conceirge floor where breakfast was included and I received a newpaper every morning. The view was gorgeous I was on the 19th floor and I could see the river and part of Times Square. Also on this upgrade, I received free wifi during my stay which was a pleasant surprise. The hotel was located near the heart of Times Square which made it conveniently the restaurants and theaters. This was a very enjoyable stay and I would definitely continue to return.

Room Tip: Join their Priority Club
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your review! I am happy to read that you have stayed with us a few times! We appreciate your loyalty and I am so glad that you were given such a nice upgrade! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,020)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The Hotel was very nice and is in the perfect location for visiting Times Square and Manhatten attractions. My wife and I were able to walk to everything we wanted to see or visit. The hotel is surrounded by restaurants and places to shop.

We checked in with Carlos Jimenez, who was professional and very happy to help us. My wife mentioned we were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and Carlos offered to have wine and a cheese tray delivered to our room to help us celebrate. I've never stayed at a hotel that did something like that to make a special occasion even better.

The room was decent size, the view was nice, and all the accomodations were great.

Would definitely stay at this hotel if we return to NYC.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your wonderful review! I am so glad that you enjoyed our location! I am also happy to read that Carlos had such a wonderful impact on your stay! It is our goal to ensure that every guest is well taken care of! We cannot wait to welcome you back for your next occasion!

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 19, 2013

no doubt that the location of this hotel is ideal for tourists. Its in the heart of Times Square right above the hustle and bustle of it all. As far as the hotel goes, there really wasn't much to it. There really weren't any amenities to speak of such as a pool or fitness center. I was initially under the impression that there was a fitness center, but it is actually a private fitness club. The hotel does have a restaurant and bar, but I was there with my family which included two children, so the restaurants weren't much use to us. They were pricey, and honestly we would've rather eaten somewhere else in the city. The rooms were clean but very plain. They were very small, (which we expected in NYC), and they did not have a mini fridge or microwave. The hotel was nice, but for what we paid per night, there could have been a couple of perks. Couldn't have a better location though, and views were great.

Room Tip: Its worth it to pay a little extra for a Times Square view. Absolutely spectacular at night.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review! I am sorry to read that you did not have an excellent stay with us. I apologize for the confusion over the fitness center. Our guests have access to use it and it is free for Priority Club members! We will also be happy to send up a refridgerator and microwave to your room during your next visit. They are both available upon request! Hopefully you decide to give us a second try in the future!

Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed March 18, 2013

5 night stay with my wife and 2 kids (14,12). Great location. Great staff. Room was in need of a little renovation BUT it had a great view of X Sq and was clean which is huge with my family. Imran at the front desk was the man and got our vacation off to a great start. Thanks Imran!

Room Tip: High floor on the southeast corner
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank J-DobleVe
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! Imran is so happy that he got your family vacation off to a great start! Hopefully you come back and stay with us again very soon!

Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stay here for business and leisure. The biggest reason is Vicky Martin. She is amazing! She has always taken very good care of me. Since my first stay I only deal with her. She gives the kind of service that makes you want to come back to this hotel. In today's world excellent service is hard to find. Especially when checking in to a hotel after a long flight in the busiest city in the USA. If you want a beautiful hotel with great service then stay here. If every Hotel had a Vicky Martin, you would always be satisfied.

Room Tip: For a good view anything but the side that faces 49th street.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Anthony T
Thank you for your wonderful review! I am thrilled that Vicky contributes to a good stay every time you arrive at the Crowne Plaza. We all look forward to your next visit with us!

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Honestly, I had a SUPERB stay in this hotel which couldn't be better located for a Theater Afficionado! What a luxury to just walk one square and be in the middle of it all...My room, facing Broadway, was just fine and the bed was one of the most comfortable ever. I had planned to stay awake to enjoy more of the NY views but the perfect quality of the mattress just took care of my good resolutions and plunged me into a deep and reparative sleep. The price was also relatively correct for such a room in New York a synonym of tourist trap where breathing is already costly.
This being said, there are some dark points to the picture. First of all, the immense front desk only had two very busy staff when I came to check-in. A colleague came along to help them and save me from a nervous breakdown eventually by showing up!
Second, honestly, for a hotel of that standard in Theater District, Concierge Department is MISERABLE. Their epson printer was out of order when I came AT 9:00 am....to order some tickets and despite their professionalism, I could tell the staff there (only two people in a corner...) were really frustrated to work with such poor material. I had ordered a theater ticket to the Premiere of Breakfast at Tiffany's. It's true that I felt full of gratitude that they could provide a ticket for the same day but waiting one hour for their printer to be fixed (or trying every other way without success, printing at another department and so on...) and finally leave without the ticket was frustrating. Ok, in the evening, I had my ticket and everything was sorted but this wasn't the most professional and smooth operation. As for my ticket for the Woodberry Commons, I ended up having to get it myself for the same reason. Again, I insist, I am not unhappy about the Concierge (although these days it's obviously an agency running it for the hotel and no longer the good old know-it-all concierges...) but about the poor delivery of the service for technical reasons.
Last but not least, I wonder why the hotel manager doesn't do as I used to do when I was in Convention Management, i.e. step into the bath tub and check the view from the sanitary equipment from there...he'd have the surprise I had and share with you in my photos. It is simply incredible that the bathroom isn't absolutely spotless in a hotel of this standing....So I suggest you have a shower instead of a bath;-)
Honestly this may sound minor and will certainly not prevent me from going back to this hotel, but I hope this catches the eye of some managerial staff to make sure some of these points are addressed.
One last thing: I booked via ebooking and honestly never expected such high taxes which made my trip really more expensive than initially anticipated, but c'est la Vie in New York, can't help but make you aware of it....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your detailed review of our property! I appreciate all of the details that you mentioned and I will definitely be taking them seriously. We are currently undergoing a project at the hotel to improve the quality and appearance of our bathtubs! This should be all taken care of by your next visit! I would like to apologize for the technical difficulties you faced with our concierge. I can imagine how frustrating this must have been for you but I am glad everything got worked out in time for your show! I hope you stay with us again in the future!

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I've been a regular at this hotel. The location is superb and this time, they got it right. I was upgraded to a corner room (in my opinion, the best in the hotel). If you are a Platinum guest you get an automatic complimnetary upgrade, which includes a light breakfast. The room is spacious for Manhattan and has an excellent view on two sides. Priority Club members get complimentary access to the gym (at the prices, I feel this should be free for all guests) and there is wifi in all rooms. The location is perfect for Times Square and the theatre and a 2 minute walk from the 50th Street Subway station. Central Park is a 10 minute walk away

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your excellent review! I would also like to thank you for being a Platinum Priority Club member! We definitely appreciate your loyalty! I am glad our staff expressed their gratitude with a complimentary upgrade! We look forward to your return visit!