“a haven in a great location”

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
Ranked #190 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Atascadero, California
“a haven in a great location”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

got to the hotel a day after Sandy and managed to obtain a room due to a cancellation, 42nd floor, wonderfully clean large room. No hot water due to the storm. Front desk manager was helpfull, gracious, and could not have been nicer. Lovely hotel, cafe was great in the morning for coffee and ..... Good pre-show prefix dinner too. This was our 3rd stay in a Crowne Plaza hotes (Long Beach, ca and Milan Airport, Italy) We are very happy with our experiences, each stay had one or more unexpected delights during our stay, the staff has always been wonderful...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you fannie222 for your wonderful review of our property! I am so happy to hear that the Crowne Plaza is a top choice for you when you are traveling! I am also glad you were able to obtain a room with us despite the storm. Hopefully you join us again soon under better weather conditions!
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,006)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Uk
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel is brilliant , ideal location, clean, tidy, good food, great bar but what makes it stand out is the staff and how they make you feel.

All the staff went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible, the service from bar and breakfast staff was quick and efficient.

This Hotel makes you feel welcome and safe, and when chaos was happening with hurricane sandy we were kept well informed but not make to feel any sense of panic.

Can't wait to visit New York again and my kids enjoyed this holiday saying it was the best ever. Don't think twice if you are looking for a central, safe , friendly, modern hotel .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Moshi09uk, thank you for your terrific review! I am sorry that you were here during the storm, but I am glad you were able to make the best of it! It is nice to see that our staff was able to make that happen for you. It is our goal to make you feel safe and comfortable, no matter what is going on around us! I hope you join us again soon when the skies are sunny!
Melbourne
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here for 6 sad nights whilst in NY on business. Booked concierge room category assuming the rate would offer value for money! Bad Move. the breakfast was pathetically small and offered no normal options such as capuccino etc- I had thought the " canapes" would include, like comparable rooms at other Crowne Plaza's, druinks - wrong again. waited 30 minutes for porter on day of departure and then was expected to tip him ( even though he delayed us !) as well as the doorman and the extra guy who pushed the luggage trolley. Clearly the occupancy rate due to location has made this a tired and unfriendly place. Location is OK but forget the rest and look at otehr , more friendly options!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Maddie1957
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you maddie1957 for this feedback. I am sorry to hear that your stay at the Crowne Plaza was not up to our standards. Our hotel rates are priced competitively with the other hotels in the area and I am sorry to hear that you did feel you received your money’s worth. Please contact me at cheller@cptsnyc.com as I would be happy to discuss further with you.

Caren Heller
Director of Front Office
West Midlands
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza to celebrate my daughters 21st birthday. We loved this hotel it's in an amazing location, very modern, has a calm feeling even though it is always bustling with people being in the centre fof Times Square. Our room on the 45th floor was large & very comfortable with a view of the Hudson River. As Priority Platinum Club members we had access to the Concierge Room on the 5th floor for breakfast, afternoon snacks, drinks. We found all the staff that we had contact with to be very polite, helpful & efficient and we would definitely like to return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you GillyKWestMidlands for your review! We are so glad to read your positive feedback about your experience here with us! Our staff strives to make sure that all our guests have an enjoyable stay. Receiving this information from you lets us know that we are doing our job! Please come back and see us again really soon!
Yanic Packin
Curacao
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Perfect location!Great hotel, nice ambiance.My room was op top-floor, gret view, no noise of the city.Breakfast, afternoon snacks included.Overall, very good choice!Will visit Crowne Plaza again.
Go-Airlink shuttle service from - to Airports, make yr reservations 24hrs hours ahead, safe,s you an additional $7,- p/pers.Nice hotel bar in the lobby with great music and gret view.
restaurants, limo,s, subway stations, shops all just around the corner!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
It was a pleasure to read your review CuracaoEdith! I am happy that you made good use of our central location and our Broadway 49 lounge! It is also nice to read that you were happy with your room! We look forward to welcoming you back!
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I an not typically a huge fan of crowns plazas. I stayed here for work and was pleasantly surprised. The location is great if you want to stay in the heart of time square. The bathrooms looked fresh and updated. The room itself was nicer than A typical crowne plaza room. The service at the restaurant for breakfast was a bit slow. Overall a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank romred4
Thank you romred4 for your review! I hope that your stay with us helped to change your mind about the Crowne Plaza brand as a whole! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming to you again soon!
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We went for a four day , three night stay at the Crowne Plaza in New York. upon arrival we were greeted at the front desk and told computors were down and we could not get a room. We had to wait an hour before checking in. Room was spacious no complaints. The morning we left I left my cell phone in my room ( there is no debate on this, I left it there, I was charging it) When I got to the airport in Montreal Canada I realized my phone was left in the room.(approx 3.5 hrs later) I called the hotel and eventually was turned over to security. They went to the room and said there was no phone there. So it is obvious that it was stolen by a staff member. ( i would suggest the maid service) After hearing this I sent four emails to Crowne plaza, (main office and the actual hotel. ) The main corporation office replied telling me they would send it on to the actual hotel in New York. The hotel in New York DID NOT even have the decency to contact me , let alone help solve the problem. I sent several emails to them with no reply. Very disappointed on how this was handled and how I was treated. We wil NEVER stay in a Crowne Plaza Hotel ever again. It is a shame that staff can not be trusted.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ian W
Ian W, I am sorry that you did not receive a prompt response from us regarding this issue. Please contact me at cheller@cptsnyc.com so that I am able to assist you and iinvestigate the issue further
Caren Heller