I went to celebrate my birthday with girlfriends. I am usually traveling for business but when traveling for pleasure I love this hotel. I stay here because I love walking out into the middle of Times Square and having the subway right across the street. The people, stores, signs. Isn't that what visiting NYC is about?!
Even though in the middle of the tourist area, there is no noise from street, etc. Blackout curtains keep out all the neon billboards. Inside, upscale atmosphere. Nice retreat from outside. It has been a year since I was there and they remodeled. Room size is quite large for NYC. Very clean, comfortable beds, chic decor. New hallway rugs.
Was a little disappointed in the customer service this time after all the pluses of my last stay.
- Plus/Minus: Bell service to stow very friendly but it was going to take a long time to get luggage up to room so we decided to pick up the bags ourself.
- Plus: Asked if we wanted to preregister since we arrived early. Young woman on duty was great, noted it was my birthday, welcomed me back, etc. I asked if I could be upgraded as Platinum Elite member like last time. They were sold out this time which I understood and I have no issue. I asked if I could still have the breakfast buffet as an upgrade. I was informed that they turned the Exec breakfast into a lounge but she would give me coupons for the restaurant instead. She also asked if I they could call when our rooms were ready and we went off to spend the day sightseeing.
- Neg: We never received the call that our rooms were ready. Upon return, expected speedy check in since we were already "preregistered." Nice young woman was gone and young stressed out man was now in her place at the Priority check in counter. Took a long time to get my keys. When I asked for the breakfast coupons promised earlier in the day he looked at me like I was trying to pull something over on him. He told me there were no notes to indicate this and that they did away with the Exec. breakfast so I shouldn't get it. We discussed until he begrudgingly agreed and gave me the coupons. He told me they were sold out and super busy so luggage would be a while. (My last visit was during the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade so how they could be busier or more stressed than that I am not sure?!) I told him we would get the luggage ourself rather than wait and as I walked away from front desk he said, and I quote, "Now that you know that the breakfast isn't offered anymore, don't book here again and expect to get a free breakfast like you used too." Normally, I would have asked to speak to a manager but we had dinner reservations and I didn't want to spoil my birthday getaway. Certainly not the way any customer should be treated but I think he was one bad apple and not indicative of the rest of the staff or Cr. Plazas in general.
I book with points so it's a great deal; otherwise I wouldn't pay $4-500 a night for a hotel room.
Def. will come back. I just love the feel of this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Times Square, always New York's most exciting scene, seems all new now that the Crowne Plaza Times Square has reinvented itself. Come check out our $85 million re-invention, and see for yourself how modern design can provide a whole new kind of comfort. Enjoy one of our 795 well-appointed guest rooms outfitted with fresh contemporary accents and plush Sleep Advantage beds. Every room offers breathtaking views of Times Square, the famous Manhattan skyline or the Hudson River, unique among hotels in Times Square. Relax in our sleek lobby lounge, or have an evening cocktail in Broadway 49 Bar. Delight in a new spin on New American Eclectic cuisine at Brasserie 1605, one of the most exciting Times Square restaurants. With options like these, it's no wonder that New York seems so new. If you ve come for a meeting, you ll benefit from the new tech-friendly environment. If you re here for an event, you ll revel in the open space and atmospheric lighting, and when you walk through our front door, you step onto Broadway dazzling lights, world-class entertainment and urban energy. That's how Crowne Plaza Times Square is keeping New York new for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Manhattan
- Crowne Plaza New York City