Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$176
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
$331
$297
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$114
Official Site
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$171
$152
$365
$322
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$326
$271
$167
$135
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$159
$120
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
10,318 results
All reviewstimes squaresandra espvicky martinnew yorkpriority clubcorner roomhudson riverperfect locationbusy hotelhotel barbroadway showbig appletwo double bedshigh floorcentral parkrockefeller centerihg
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have been staying in the Crowne Plaza hotel nearly a week as a four day trip got extended due to hurricane Sandy. There are pros and cons to the hotel, some of which may not be representative of normal operations because of the very stressful circumstances everyone in New York has been under. First of all, I called the hotel prior to my arrival because I realized I had booked under a higher rate than the conference rate associated with the stay. None of the people I spoke with could help with and I was told no one could assist me until Monday. By the time Monday rolled around, the weather had deteriorated to a point that all flights were cancelled and my stay has been extended. Because the transit was shut down, the services in the hotel were very limited; but they managed to empty trash, provide clean towels and buffet service in the restaurant, which really serves pretty tasty food and has friendly staff. When my flights were cancelled, I have extended my stay, which required negotiations with the registration agent regarding the rates, which has been different each night. I overheard the agent next to her telling another patron that everyone was being charged the same rate under the circumstances, and then quoting the rate, which was significantly lower than what she was attempting to charge me. I brought this to her attention, and she went to an office for about five minutes, came back and told me that the agent next to her was wrong, but that because he said that she would give me the reduced rate, but that I would have to come back and renegotiate if my stay was extended another night.

The room is nice sized for Manhattan, and nicely equipped, but could use some updating. For example, there was some faint traces of graffiti on the bathroom wall above a picture, and a slight amount of rust stains in the tub area. Because the room is handicap access, I could not lean back in the tub. However, there is a nice desk for working (this has become my office away from home), plenty of good lighting and a FABULOUS view from the 41st floor of the Hudson River ( I did a lot of storm watching from here). The bed is king size and comfortable, but they really need to invest in some better pillows; as these have cheap foam filling.

Things beyond the control of the hotel that have not gone well include having no hot water as a result of the storm. Quite a bummer to be stuck here without a hot bath! However, I know that some of the employees have also not been able to go home for several days now.

The location is very close to Times Square and all the Broadway shows, many restaurants and attractions. I would say it is a very good location if you don't mind the hustle and bustle that go along with this area. Be prepared to bring some ear plugs, however, even from the 41st floor before the storm hit the sirens, elevator and people sounds can interfere with sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a River View on a high floor, away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Thank you Amber K for your detailed review. We appreciate your understanding that hurricane Sandy left us with limited options when it came to assisting our guests. As we take all the necessary precautions to prepare this storm was definitely one that has left all of us speechless and truly impacted New York beyond what we all imagined. We apologize that there were some issues with your rates during your stay and hopefully next time you stay with us we will be of better assistance to you. Please contact Caren Heller @ cheller@cptsnyc.com and I will definitely be able to work with you to determine the best rate for your stay.
Caren Heller
Director of Front Office

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We just checked in. We live in NYC and are checking in because of the hurricane. Sandra was super helpful and super nice. She made us feel at home! The hotel is conveniently located and the rooms are spacious and clean. The free wifi also helps. Thanks Sandra. Pooja

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you Pooja for recognizing Sandra’s efforts at the front desk! This hurricane was very unfortunate but we are glad that you found a safe haven here! Please join us again soon under better circumstances!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

You can't beat the location of this place, right in time square amongst all the action. The room was fantastic and well worth the money spent. The king size bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on and the pillows were perfect.

Housekeeping can't fault them, Room Service was fabulous. Loved my stay here.

Room Tip: didn't use the pool or spa so couldn't comment
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Gayle1972 thank you for reviewing the Crowne Plaza! We love to hear that you found our beds comfortable and our rooms fantastic! We also want to thank you for recognizing our room attendants and room service attendants! Please come back and stay with us soon!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We would like to sincerely thank the staff of the Crowne Plaza Times Square for an amazing vacation and experience! We were beyond impressed with the professionalism and care put in to our stay by these individuals. From the Front Desk to the Hospitality Staff, every person we encountered exceeded our expectations. We would especially like to recognize Sabrina (Front Desk), Paul (Security), Martin (Bartender), Tanesha (Server) and Robert (Manager). These staff members were exceptional in their delivery and made us feel like we were a part of their family! As frequent travelers to NYC, we will now be raving fans of the Crowne Plaza and hope to stay there for years to come. As we left to return home, we knew that we had not only met people who cared about our stay, but had made friends that we are excited to visit again. Thank you, thank you, thank you for making this trip so special and one to remember! We appreciate all of your kindness and professionalism!

Room Tip: Request double queen with Times Square view! A lot of room & an amazing view!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.
We are delighted to hear about your wonderful experience with us!
Our staff is highly trained on customer service and we truly consider our guest part of our family. We are so happy you took the time to recognize their efforts.
We hope you made Crowne Plaza Times Square your home in NYC. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

You can't beat this location right in times square. The rooms are a good size, clean, quiet and tastefully decorated, although the bathroom was a bit small. The bed was very comfortable and the staff seemed friendly. We arrived early in the morning and, although there were no rooms available at that time, they called us as soon as a room was available (several hours before the regular check-in time). The room rate was fair ($300 for a Saturday night), but they really need to stop charging for things like internet and local phone calls. Other hotels owned by the same company (like Holiday Inn Express) provide free in-room wifi, local calls & coffee in the lobby, so Crowne Plaza should step up its game and do the same. Even though these things only add a small amount to the total bill, it's an annoyance that they charge separately for them. The hotels aren't fooling anybody since most travellers already check these fees before booking and factor them into the price when comparing with other hotels, so why can't hotels just save us the trouble and advertise an inclusive price, even if it means raising the base rate by $15?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you FoodAddictPEI for your review! We are delighted to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and our rooms to be comfortable! It definitely is nice to check-in to your room nice and early so you can enjoy the rest of your day! I hope that the rest of your stay was as nice as your check-in experience. We apologize that you were unhappy with our internet policy but we do hope that you come and stay with us again! Perhaps you would like to book a concierge room because those rates include internet!