“Wonderful Staff A+”

Ranked #196 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Staff A+”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

The fantastic care that we received each time that I have come for the past 2 years, especially from Travon, Sandra, Leo L, Nana, Carlos, Hajar and many other staff members. I just can't say enough to praise their service. I look forward to coming each month and feel that we are in good hands.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
I would like to begin by thanking you for your loyalty, charlotte h!! It is a huge complement to our entire staff that you took the time to tell us this!! You mentioned Travon, Sandra, Leo L, Nana, and Carlos we have shared your review with each of them! It is always our goal at the Crowne Plaza to build relationships with our guests and it is great to hear that you look forward to returning to see us! We hope your travels bring you to us again very soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,942)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Super man, super waiter! Took care of our special breakfast needs every day while there. The hotel was great too, very clean, very centrally located, very contemporary and, other than a pricing mess with Priceline, the total experience was PERFECT!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Paul K, thank you for sharing your perfect experience with us!! We have shared your feedback with Keone and he was very grateful for your review! It is good to hear that you enjoyed all the wonderful features the Crowne Plaza has to offer! It sounds like you had a great trip, we hope you come back to see us again soon!

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

The location is excelent. My room was confortable, clean and with a great view. But the most important was the friendly and helpful staff. If you intend to stay here, ask for Evelyn at the front desk, a special employee whom helped me so much, that I thought I was home.

Room Tip: Corner suites have a great view and more space.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AnaL1_27
AnaL1_27, thank you for this fabulous review! We are so please to hear that you enjoyed your room but even more our wonderful staff! Evelyn is one of our best! Her dedication to our guest is exemplary and it is our focus to provide the best service in order to create the best experience for each one of our guests! We hope you come back to see us soon!

Gorham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was the second time we stayed in the Crowne Plaza and both times we had a great time. Great staff, clean rooms and great location. Every staff person we encountered was happy to assist. We will stay here again and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Ginger C:

Thank you for the great review! We are so happy to hear that you had a fabulous Girls Weekend Out. Please let us know when you will be in town again! We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to serving all your travel needs. Hope to see you again soon!

Lausanne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

no miinibar, noisy A/C, hotel not able to handle a convention and guests, no room service in the afternoon and at night, was given a dirty room ( not cleaned after previous guest), got access to a concierge lounge which was simply closed on the last day due to convention, and the doors are so thin that you can hear the cleaning staff at 7 am starting their work.

expensive, useless, basic times-square rip-off..

avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: very high and away from elevators since room doors are very thin
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gillestarek
CPTimesSquare, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Lausanne,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was disspointed to read about your experiences as we are capable of much better than this. If you would, please accept my most sincere apologies for your experience and contact me directly so I may see if there is a way in which we can both make this up to you and restore your confidence in our hotel. I can be reached at cheller@cptsnyc.com -

Kind Regards,
Caren Heller
Front Office Manager
Honolulu
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I purposely booked a room with the Times Square view and was really disappointed. When I "pre-registered" at the front desk 2 hours prior to check in, I made note of the room number. The staff member offered to call me to let me know when the room would be ready. The room wasn't ready until 4:30 and it wasn't even the same room that I had "pre-registered". I had to crane my neck and squish my face against the window to enjoy the view. Awesome!
Room was clean aside from hair on the pillow and bath towels.

I highly recommend this hotel for anyone who likes to pay extra for something they aren't guaranteed for (which is exactly what the front desk staff told me when I complained about the room, in her unapologetic tone) also if you like hearing traffic/street noise while you're trying to sleep (yes, even on the 36th floor) and lastly if you like to find hair from the previous guest on your bed and bath towels.

Thank you Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying extra for the Times Square view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank himeli
Himeli,

Thank you for the candid review of our property. Please accept my apology for the deficiencies you encountered. They are not typical of the great value and comfort that is our standard and we have taken steps to correct the issues.

Please know that we would be delighted to welcome you again as I am sure we can improve your impression of us with our usual great services. Please reach out to me directly if I can be of assistance.

Kind regards,
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Awesome location along with the service that was provided, made my daughter's birthday extremely special. The front desk manager Trevan McCall and his collegue Miliaha made us feel like we were the only guests in the hotel. Even though our rooms weren't quite ready on time they were very apologetic and did everything possible to ensure our weekend would not be hindered by that. I also wanted to make mention of Jason who worked at the bar, very friendly and had the BEST conversation ever!!! All in all it was a great experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Victoria A
Victoria A:

Thank you for the awesome review! We are thrilled to hear that you chose to share your daughter’s 21st birthday with us! Please wish her the best from all of us at the Crowne Plaza. We hope you keep us in mind for all your future special occasions! Trevan, Miliha and Jason are definitely some of our best! We are so glad to hear that you and your daughter had a great experience. We hope to see you again soon!