“Fantastic Location”

Ranked #193 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Location”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stayed with three friends in this hotel for three nights in June 2012. It gets 10/10 for it's great location, providing that you are not looking for a tranquil setting! However inside the hotel the bedrooms are quiet and only start on level 15 (offices underneath) and as I was on level 26 I had amazing views and obviously there was no noise from the mayhem outside. The room was great, clean and very comfortable bed. The only thing that I found slightly annoying was the loud music that is always played in the reception area and the reception staff not being particularly helpful or friendly. There is also a strange kind of feel to the reception/bar area. It didn't really feel like a hotel, more like a shopping mall somehow! Anyway to sum up I think that if you're after a comfortable quiet room in the heart of Times Square then you can't go wrong.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Enseada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,991)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sicklerville, New Jersey
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed here with my wife and 7 year old son for 2 nights Friday to Sunday in June. I used Priority Club points to "pay" for this stay. The Crown Plaza has a parking garage right there, so I decided to just park using their garage . Dropping the car off was easy and we were able to go right up the escalators to the lobby.
We arrived at about 2:05 and I used the Priority Club line at the front desk, although the regular line only had about 2 people in it. Check in was quick, and they indicated I would have a Times Square view room on the 40th floor which they said was an upgrade from the Hudson view room I had booked.
The room was a standard size room with 2 double beds, a sitting chair, desk and dresser. There was a flat panel tv. There is a large safe in the room, as well as a Keurig coffee machine. The room itself seemed clean, although the bathroom door was dirty from hand prints etc around the handle, and there was some minor "mildew" type spots in the bathroom tile. The toilet paper was inconveniently located on the wall to the left and behind the toilet. We had to take it off the holder and set it on the counter to be used.
This hotel did seem particularly noisy. We didn't hear noise from the rooms around us, but anytime anyone was in the hallway, it sounded like they were right in the room. This happened a couple of times during the night where I was awoken by people talking in the hall.

The location is great, right on Broadway between 48th and 49th street, right next to the Hershey store and across from the M&M store. We were going to eat in the restaurant for breakfast but the buffet was $32 per person, that seemed a little high even for New York. Checkout is noon, so I asked at the front desk if I could have a 1:00 pm checkout, and they said OK, no questions asked. This gave us a little more time to get back from Central Park and lunch before heading home. When actually checking out at about 12:55, I had to go to the front desk as the TV checkout only works until noon. This didn't cause any delays as checkout took seconds.
The parking fee for 2 days was $80 and paid when the car was picked up, it wasn't added to the room. When leaving on Sunday I noticed a sign that said for hotel guests they may park the car at an alternate facility and it might take 45 minutes to retrieve so please call ahead. Luckily, this wasn't the case and our car arrived in about 2 minutes.

1 Thank fligster
Reviewed June 21, 2012 via mobile

I travel to new york about 6 to 8 * a year. We usually stay at a more upscale hotel then this one. However to my surprise this hotel ranked right up there right with them.
Location is the best. The rooms were big and clean the bathrooms are really nice. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. It was raining and they have umbrellas to rent for 10 dollars. They would charge it to your room and refund your money once you returned it.
Also I highly suggest joining there priority club. The fitness center is 1 of the best in any hotel i have been to. If you are a priority club member you get to Workout for free. Otherwise it's 10 dollars. The lady at the front desk awesome. She signed me up right away and I save 10 dollars.
The only thing keeping this hotel from being a 5 is price.
If location and convenience is important to you this is a good hotel.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank flastatebucs
New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Nice hotel,good breakfast too! Very clean,friendly,lots of sights in walking distance,more money than I wanted to spend,but was so worth it,you only live once!

Room Tip: I stayed in room facing the river,I was afraid of getting a view of another building,view was good...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Just returned from a long weekend with my mum and friend. Have stayed in NYC many times, but this hotel is the best yet, mainly due to location and helpfulness of the staff.
It was my mums first visit to NY and at 81 I wanted her stay to be special, I phoned up before hand and they gave her a room over looking Times Square. My friend and I chose what we thought would be a quieter one overlooking the Hudson river.. but to be honest .. both were quiet enough.
The location is brilliant. you walk out the door straight into Times Square.. so much to do within easy walking distance. Would recommend a few drinks and food at the Rockerfeller Plaza if its sunny... nice to be outdoors with a good atmosphere.
The rooms were clean and a good size with all the usual extras like iron, hairdryer, coffee maker, small toiletries. We all commented on how comfortable the beds were and I soon slept well and adjusted to the different time zone !
We didn't eat it the hotel as there is so many good places in the city but did enjoy a few cocktails before bedtime.
Would definitely use again.

1 Thank Scubydoo
La Grange, Illinois
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Wow I was impressed with the hotel staff. They were very accommodating. I called on the way to the hotel about early check-in, as we had a diabetic child with us. They allowed us early check-in and they were still able to put us in a corner room. The view was amazing! They room was clean and very modern. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are beautiful with great views of Times Square
1 Thank Terdav0208
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed at the hotel five nights with my wife in our first time in NYC. We chose a king corner room and were placed at the 40th floor.

CPTS is superbly located right in the heart of Times Square. I cannot imagine a better place to a first NYC visit. The room (bathroom included) was spotlessly clean. The hotel staff was always friendly and efficient to attend any request promptly. The bed is all the best, a marvel. After an entire day walking through NYC, a good bath and a soft, clean and comfortable bed makes all the difference and are very well appreciated! The rooms have all facilities like a large LCD, iron, bath products, robe, safe, etc... The size of the room (King Corner) is also very nice and well designed and what you see at the official photos is what you get.

We got the breakfast for a dollar deal at the hotel website and it really worth it. The meal at the Brasserie 1605 was great and a good reason to wake up a little bit early to enjoy it before start exploring the city. Again we found the workers very professional and friendly. Nice way to start the day, definitely.

There are only a few points “less positive” worth noting, however none of them interfere with the quality of the stay as a whole. No free internet even at the lobby, the air conditioning was a bit noisy, the hotel bar closes too early (before 24hs) and also the general condition of the room, I mean, you can note perfectly that it's a hotel with high occupancy turnover.

In short, I strongly recommend the hotel and with bkfst for a dollar deal in a higher floor…. It’s a perfect complement to a perfect stay in NYC.

I will be definitely come back.

Cheers!

Room Tip: If you can, go to a King Corner Room and ask for a higher floor. Satisfaction guaranteed!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple