“Great stay for New York Hol!”

Grand Hyatt New York
Ranked #333 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I love NY, and this hotel topped it - location, staff, room, we had nothing to complain about. Got a very good price prepaid via expedia, tip - it is a hotel for people who are used to travelling or know what they are doing, too busy to nursemaid customers, there are other hotels for that. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with the Grand Hyatt and our stay was seamless from start to finish! Well done to Management.

Room Tip: tell them what you want.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (9,120)

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Noise was a big issue. No one was able to control there idiotic kids staying there. Called down to security five times and no one came. Service sucks. Don't stay here if you want a night sleep. The GM should be fired for this.

• Stayed: April 2014
GuestExperienceGHNY, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt New York, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Liufam,

We are sorry to hear you didn’t receive the signature Grand Hyatt experience while you were with us. Though our Midtown location means we’re near the heart of Manhattan’s hustle and bustle, we take care to ensure the inside of our hotel remains a place of tranquility. I apologize that we could not better serve you and will be looking into the matter with our front desk and security staff. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Guest Experience Manager
christopher.doran@hyatt.com

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

I will never stay at this hotel again! Talk about completely unhelpful staff! The front desk is completely understaffed and the operators have no idea where to direct you. It's a zoo. Try calling the front desk from your room, 99 percent of the time no one will pick up. If you need anything good luck. You will get no help. We asked for a crib in our room four times and it never came. We finally just gave up. There are hundreds of other hotels in the city to choose from.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Bsmith773
Kevin L, Front Office Manager at Grand Hyatt New York, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear Bmsith773,
Thank you kindly for your review and feedback. It is most disappointing to learn that we failed to meet your expectations and I would love to further discuss this with you. Please email me at kevin.levine@hyatt.com with a convenient time to discuss your experience so that I can do whatever I can to regain your trust in Grand Hyatt New York!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

this hotel is huge - don't know how many rooms - but needing 8 elevators gives you some idea. location is superb, a great conference venue, and rooms nothing to complain about. free wifi if you join their loyalty programme. breakfast good, but no buffet. front desk was poor - undermanned and not as helpful as they could have been

Room Tip: higher floors quieter I guess
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
GuestExperienceGHNY, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt New York, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2014

Dear Christopher K,

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our historic location, professional conference facilities, free wifi,and creative breakfast options. We have provided our management team with your suggestions and sincerely apologize for falling short during your stay. Kindly contact me at paula.ilabaca@hyatt.com on your next visit. It would be my pleasure to personally welcome you and make your next stay with us more grand!

Paula Ilabaa
Marketing & Communications Manager

Reviewed April 17, 2014

The Grand Hyatt - Grand Central Station was an awesome hotel in the center of everything! I love how close the Subway was and Grand Central Station was next door. Lots to do around the area and easy access to everything. Food vendors were right outside the door and the food court in Grand Central Station was wonderful to grab breakfast before seeing all the sites.

The hotel was modern and the room was clean. I am usually a Hilton girl but this Hyatt was pretty decent. Rooms were a good size for a New York hotel. The bathroom is super small, but that is what you expect for New York. We enjoyed the stay very much. Our flight was delayed on the last day, I called down to get a late check out and Stephanie was nice enough to grant us the late check out even though she mentioned it was sold out the next day. That was GREAT customer service, thank you Stephanie! When I come back, I am staying here again!

Room Tip: If you can, take the roof top tour, fabulous views!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

I've seen some bad reviews and mainly good reviews for this hotel, but in my experience this hotel was top notch, fantastic rooms, great housekeeping staff, lovely front desk staff who sorted me and the whole family out with free Internet, and excellent facilities to check in for you return flights and printing off boarding passes, and great door staff who hailed us a cab in 2 seconds and put all are luggage in for us shut all are doors plus the I will be returning in 2016 for me and my wife's 10th wedding anniversary, and we will definitely staying at the Grand Hyatt New York ?????

Reviewed April 17, 2014

The Grand Hyatt is the perfect place to stay if you are looking for close proximity to Grand Central. Check in is a breeze, professional and friendly staff. I asked for a recommendation for breakfast and received two recommendations - one across the street and the other just two block's away - Bloom's Cafe, which I highly recommend.The room didn't have an amazing view and I would describe it as a above average hotel room which at a price of just over $200. was fine with me. I asked for a late checkout and that was no problem. Being able to check our bags , enjoy the city and pick them up and be next door to Grand Central was perfect. I plan to stay at the Grand Hyatt the next time I am overnight in the city.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends