Stayed at the Grand Hyatt, NYC, for 7 nights over the New Year period.
Good location next to Grand Central Station and most 'must do' sights that were on our list.
Reception huge. A little wait to check in but this was done very professionally by Kay. Very helpful. Reception was more like a club in that there were always huge amounts of people lounging around and often asleep! Dress code appeared to be very informal with people walking around in pyjamas, sleepers and bare feet! Always had very loud music pumping out which was not what you need to hear at all times of the day and night.
Children randomly wandering through hotel corridors and lobby without any apparent parental supervision.
Room size was good as we had two double beds for myself, husband and step daughter. Good layout with walk in wardrobe to store luggage. Bathroom very small. Overall on the surface good. Closer inspection showed that it was not as clean as it should be and very often felt like all the cleaner had done was pulled the beds too and checked the towels.
My husband had a mishap with a cup of tea on the first day and spilt some on the duvet cover....it was still there on the last day. The bed linen had not been changed for the duration of our stay. I mentioned this at check out and they compensated by waiving a bill for the Market but offered up no explanation.
Empty fridge in the room was a good touch which meant we could buy essential drinks and keep cold and meant we could avoid, in the main, the Market. Disappointing that there was no tea and coffee facilities in the room.
Market in lobby was very expensive and I would avoid as there are plenty of places to get essentials.
In 2014 I would have expected free or at least reasonably priced Wi-Fi at a vacation hotel.
On checkout please note that there is a $3 charge per piece of luggage that you wish to store with them! Ludicrous and this is the first hotel ever that I have been asked to pay for this service.
Despite the excellent location we will not be returning to the Grand Hyatt on our next visit to NYC. It is a great shame as I had expected much more for a hotel of this standard, brand and for the price we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and two restaurants and lounges. Connected to Grand Central Terminal and next door to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, 5th Avenue shopping, the Empire State Building, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- New York City Hyatt