Spent 3 days pre cruise at the grand Hyatt with my husband and adult son. On the positive side -The room was standard for US, clean and tidy although not particularly spacious with 2 Queen sized beds which were really quite comfortable and nice pillows. We had room 2518 which was had a side view of the Chrysler building. The hotel is central and within easy walking distance to many attractions. The lobby was usually busy and as it was coming to the festive season there was complimentary snacks and non alcoholic drinks free on a couple of days. grand Central can be reached via the lobby and is well worth a venture as there is a good selection of shops and food hall, as well as fantastic architecture.
On a negative note the hospitality toiletries were so not to be desired and looked like they had been recycled for several months as the tops of the lotions had faded and the contents were not full. I squeezed out the contents to ensure they could not be reused on another unsuspecting customer. The sensor touch lighting was also temperamental, particularly the bathroom nightlight.
We.did not use the bar services nor the room service as this was very extortionate. The rooms do not have any tea/coffee making facilities in the room which is quite disappointing, but I suppose they get away with this with the 24 hour market square coffee / snack bar. nonetheless this was expensive, did not vary form day to day and service was very slow.
Overall I must admit I was expecting a little more, but it was of a good standard! but nothing special in my opinion, other than clean! tidy and good location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and two restaurants and lounges. Connected to Grand Central Terminal and next door to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, 5th Avenue shopping, the Empire State Building, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelPower, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- New York City Hyatt