“Friendly convenient and comfortable stay in the heart of Manhattan”

Grand Hyatt New York
Ranked #324 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
dublin ireland
“Friendly convenient and comfortable stay in the heart of Manhattan”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by our one night stay at the Grand Hyatt. The highlight for us was the friendliness of every member of staff: from Kara on reception ( thank you for the complimentary wine to celebrate our anniversary), Daniel the concierge for a great restaurant recommendation and the trouble you went to in advising us ( see our review on Felidia), but also everyone we met: housekeeping staff, porter, front desk: everyone was friendly and helpful. Our room was quiet and comfortable with modern fittings, although smaller than we expected for a King Club room. The Club level breakfast room and outdoor terrace on floor 16 is a real treat. A great choice for a New York stay

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
USA
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I'd highly recommend this hotel as an option if you're looking for a perfect Midtown location. The service I received was great. Easy check-in - easy self check-out. Great business hotel, but also nice enough for a vacation. The real surprise was - seriously - the size of the room. I'm used to the closets that most NY hotels call guest rooms, but this was a legitimate room, with two beds and room to walk! I was fine with the decor and the design. You shouldn't be spending much time in your room in NY anyway. If you 're looking for a nice chain hotel in a great location - go with the Grand Hyatt.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevators. The hallway noise can be a little loud if you're a l...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

The Grand Hyatt - New York is really a place like no other. I first walked into the lobby and was quite impressed with the layout of the atrium; a stark modern contrast to the conveniently located Grand Central Terminal next door and the classical Chrysler Building to the right.
I had an opportunity to stay there for nearly a month and loved the breakfast at the Grand Club on the 16th floor. Dinners on the first floor were also great; you can even ditch the menu and tell the waiter to make a custom dish to your liking!
The staff were all super friendly and were willing to provide me with everything I could possibly need. Anything from Broadway show recommendations to US Open tickets, they can help find one for you!
The rooms were not super spacious, but were good enough for me to rest comfortably.
I especially enjoyed the US Open themed lights and decorations all around the first floor. A shuttle conveniently stops right in front of the hotel to pick you up to the US Open!
A few blocks away from Fifth Avenue, Broadway, and Times Square, the Grand Hyatt truly sits at the heart of Manhattan!

• Stayed August 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel. Great location, especially if arriving by train as it is connected to Grand Central station. Friendly check in and had a room for us at midday.However each room has its own loud ac unit and even on low speed is like a jet engine. Turn it off and you sweat. Turn it on and it blasts. Bring earplugs...

1 Thank MattLisa_NZ
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The hotel is right on 42nd street, next to Grand Central, perfect location in midtown.

Check in was amazing-I was early from the airport, and they found me an upgraded room in less than 10mins due to the length of my stay.

The rooms however let this place down-small and tired bathrooms, noisy corridors..... for the money I expected more, and applies to breakfast too-American breakfasts are amazing, but pricey and not included in my room rate (not normal for me, esp on business travel).

I'd stay here again as I like the chain, and the location is great, but it wouldn't be a treat... there are better hotels in the same district....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My 7-year-old and I stayed here August 27-29. I had called ahead to see if early check in was available, and when we got there at about 1pm there was a room ready (an upgrade to a suite!). The very friendly person at the front desk gave my daughter a disposable camera to take pics on her trip and she loved that.
Room was great, spacious, very clean, very modern-looking.
All staff were nice.
There was no wait to check in or out.
Conveniently attached by an indoor walkway to Grand Central Station so it was easy to get anywhere we couldn't walk.
We didn't eat at the hotel so I don't know about the food. One night we got pizza from across the street and ate in the room and watched a movie.
When we got home we realized we had left our rain jackets in the closet in the suite. I called the hotel list and found and Vicky was super helpful. The jackets arrived by courier a few days later.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Manhattan.

• Stayed August 2013
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Had the opportunity to stay in the hotel during my recent visit to NYC and I loved the hotel. I loved it because
(a) It has spacious and lovely rooms and
(b) It is very conveniently located... just a few steps from Grand Central Station and few blocks from Times Square.

The check-in and check-out was super fast and staff was courteous. There was a lovely 24hr deli kinda shop at the lobby level offering choicest gourmet, tea, coffee etc all day long. Step out and you can savour good street food ... plenty of restaurants and shopping plaza around the corner of the hotel. So much so that one of the hop and skip tourist bus has it's stop virtually opposite the hotel.

Good value for money. The wi-fi in the room is chargeable. Inspite of that I recommend the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business